Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70471
biomed161009
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453033
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47759
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-26-2010, 07:47 PM   #16
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Hire Wade Phillips as Defensive cordinator and get a new secondary.

Problem solved.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #17
Hawkeye
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

OK...so guys, is Kubiak here next year? Not SHOULD he be here, but WILL he be here?

I've heard all about the lockout and it's effect on coaches, but I'm going to say that Bob McNair has seen enough and he goes.
Hawkeye is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:45 PM   #18
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

If nothing else, McNair is patient almost to a fault. He is perhaps the most loyal owner in professional football!

Bottom line: McNair likes Kubiak and if that is truly the case, nothing else really matters!

I believe Kubiak will stay and there will be a completely new staff on the defensive side of the ball. Perhaps even a new face or two on the offensive side. I follow the McNair logic to a point in that I am normally not in favor of hiring an unproven coordinator to be the Head Coach just for the sake of changing coaches.

However, if there is a proven commodity willing to take the job that is a different story! If Cowher is ready and willing to take the Texans job they should grab him. Quite frankly, I do not believe Cowher is either ready or willing to come to Htown! Perhaps even Jon Gruden or Brian Billick but I do not believe either will be coaching the Texans in 2011! Other than those three, there is no proven head coach available that excites me!

I believe McNair "stays the course" and Kubiak will remain the Head Coach of the Texans for a 6th season!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:56 PM   #19
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Encounters: 4

Hey Satin, that's wasn't a rookie quarterback throwing for 300 yards against us...that was Time Tebow, the Living Legend of Florida Gator fame! He can walk on water, turn water to wine, heal the sick, leap tall buildings with a single bound and make all Gator fans cream in their pants at the mere mention of his name...

...but only when he plays against us and we make him look like all these things...
Wakeup is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:31 PM   #20
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

49ers fire Singletary.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...SP961GVSHS.DTL
DEAR_JOHN is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:00 AM   #21
Satin
Valued Poster

Well as a season ticket holder, after I saw the schedule, I predicted the Texans would go 7-9 and all my friends got pissed and called me a pessimist...lol

I agree with BigTex as usual, that is correct sir...

My man TDL, ( whats up bro?) that might be better than what we have but I don't want the cowgirls leftovers...lol

WU, I don't know what I was thinking, you are right; but would he ever get naked in a strip club? lmao. Man, Tebow looked like Joe Montana out there. No wonder he has the highest jersey sales this year...

Fucking Texans...
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:28 AM   #22
carkido45
Valued Poster

Encounters: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
If nothing else, McNair is patient almost to a fault. He is perhaps the most loyal owner in professional football!

Bottom line: McNair likes Kubiak and if that is truly the case, nothing else really matters!

I believe Kubiak will stay and there will be a completely new staff on the defensive side of the ball. Perhaps even a new face or two on the offensive side. I follow the McNair logic to a point in that I am normally not in favor of hiring an unproven coordinator to be the Head Coach just for the sake of changing coaches.

However, if there is a proven commodity willing to take the job that is a different story! If Cowher is ready and willing to take the Texans job they should grab him. Quite frankly, I do not believe Cowher is either ready or willing to come to Htown! Perhaps even Jon Gruden or Brian Billick but I do not believe either will be coaching the Texans in 2011! Other than those three, there is no proven head coach available that excites me!

I believe McNair "stays the course" and Kubiak will remain the Head Coach of the Texans for a 6th season!
Maybe Kubiak stay's and maybe he goes?
I think if Kubiak hires any more buddies as coaches he's in trouble again.
I was watching the Cowgirls lose Saturday night And before the game Jerry Jones said that there never has been an NFL head coach who won a Super Bowl has never won a Super Bowl with a different team so maybe sticking with Kubiak isn't a bad idea we just have to wait and see.
The defensive coach's aren't the only one's who need to go the scouting department needs an overhaul also.
I don't know who scouted Kareem Jackson but they should be the first to go because Kareem Jackson was on no one's radar except the blind fool who scouted him.
We need Patrick Peterson from LSU in the first round and then a space eating defensive tackle in the second round and go on the free agent market also and grab a good veteran free safety.
Video on Patrick Peterson http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxqJj...eature=related
carkido45 is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:48 AM   #23
Satin
Valued Poster

Default WTF?

Amber if I would have known you were a Texans hater and a Eagles fan, there would have been no freaking way I would have let you chill in my massage chair and play with with my fish the other night...
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:03 AM   #24
DarthMaul
DarkSide MOD

Encounters: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
Hire Wade Phillips as Defensive cordinator and get a new secondary.

Problem solved.
I am almost in agreement with you there Dali! Wade Philips is a 3-4 guy and we would get rid of some D-Linemen. Mike Singletary is looking for a job!!?

THAT SECONDARY DOES SUCK!!!

Because of the possible strike next year Kubiak isn't going anywhere.
DarthMaul is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:57 AM   #25
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by carkido45 View Post
We need Patrick Peterson from LSU in the first round and then a space eating defensive tackle in the second round and go on the free agent market also and grab a good veteran free safety.
Video on Patrick Peterson http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxqJj...eature=related

Has Peterson said he is coming out? I know there is a lot of speculation.
If he does declare for the draft he'll go in the top five. I don't thinck we stand a chance in hell of picking him.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:23 AM   #26
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
Has Peterson said he is coming out? I know there is a lot of speculation.
If he does declare for the draft he'll go in the top five. I don't thinck we stand a chance in hell of picking him.
Peterson has not announced as of yet. You are correct however, there is a tremendous amount of speculation that he will announce soon. Should he be available when the Texans pick, I suspect they would strongly consider selecting him.

If the Texans lose next Sunday to Jacksonville, they could possibly end up with a Top 5 pick. Because it is the Jags, I would be shocked if the Texans did not go all out for the win!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:49 AM   #27
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN View Post
That's funny, did you catch this part of the article?

Quote:
The new hierarchy will inherit a team that has disappointed fans with a 5-10 record despite being considered the most talent-laden team in the weak NFC West. Singletary couldn't win arguably the worst division in the NFL, even when all he needed was season-ending wins against the Rams and Cardinals.
Let's change just five words...

Quote:
The new hierarchy will inherit a team that has disappointed fans with a 5-10 record despite being considered the most talent-laden team in the weak AFC South. Kubiak couldn't win arguably the worst division in the NFL, even when all he needed was season-ending wins against the Jaguars and Colts.
Classic...
Wakeup is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:12 AM   #28
Satin
Valued Poster

As far as Kubiak, he says he's a "grown man" & he will wait until Mr McNair evaluates him and makes his decision. I'm wondering how much the collective bargaining agreement and the fact that he has 2 years remaining on his contract affect McNair's decision. McNair did not become a billionaire by being a dumbass...make the right decision Bob..

Nobody brings it up much but what about GM Rick Smith? How much blame does he bear for some of the player decisions? Is it a foregone conclusion that Frank Bush is gone? Who do we replace them with?

On a different note, does anyone listen to Sports 610? Man, Barry Werner and Josh Innis cracks me p...lol. The press conference with Kubiak should be interesting today.(3:30) Barry says he will ask Kubiak some tough questions (ie the lack of tackling) that should be great...
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:09 AM   #29
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Kubiak has the veto power on personnel. If I recall correctly he "chose" Rick Smith as the GM.
He pretty much hands Smith the keys to the personnel locker when the season starts. For that matter Rick Smith hasn't done all that bad of a job with in-season pick ups and draft decisions and off season free agents are as much Kubiaks decision as anyone's.

That being said, If McNair fires Kubiak I Think he will fire Smith as well

I'm an LSU fan so I'd love to see the Texans get Peterson.
Carolina has clinched the first pick with at best a 3-13 record. There are currently 3 teams at 4-11 and another 5 at 5-10 with 5-9 Minnesota still to play.
The chances of The Texans getting inside the top 5 are probably 30-70. I'm guessing they will be at 7 or 8. I hope Peterson is still there then. It would really suck to see The Cowgirls pick him ahead of us.
There is another projected 1st round DB, Prince something or other from Nebraska.
Speaking of LSU, Drake Nevis would be a good second round pick for The Texans if he's still on the board.

Fuck, I hate talking about next season already!
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:18 AM   #30
bbkid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Pitchers and Catchers report in 7 weeks.
I'm just sayin.......
bbkid is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women