Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70497
biomed161137
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453053
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47801
pyramider46370
bambino40461
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-05-2010, 09:23 AM   #16
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

I didn't see anything in the OP that mentioned a race. The stereotype can be just as easily translated to anyone this day and age. Yes it sounded a bit "gangsta" but i've seen a lot of people of all colors that fit that bill.

If you are trying to teach a lesson in tolerance, I suggest your past postings be a little more so. [ame="http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=10287"]100 One Liners[/ame]
  • Line 59 Poking fun at little people at their expense.
  • Line 99 Intolerance to a person's right to choose life.
  • et. al.
[ame="http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=9875"]I thought I was a cowboy??[/ame] - I'd bet a lesbian might be upset that you compared her to a man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallTexan2009 View Post
Now that I can believe! It is just the slanted racial description that burns me up.

As for insurance for a family, there are very few options with premiums less than $1K. If you have any pre-existing conditions you are just out of luck! If you are also unfortunate enough to be unemployed, that would frequently exceed the total of any unemployment you might receive. The bottom line is that working Americans really don't care if the unemployed are covered or not. For some reason the millions of recently unemployed are all there because of their own fault. It will be very enlightening for those who are laid off for the first time and find out that they have few options if any for insurance. We have not had a recession this deep for two generations.
DFW5Traveler is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:45 PM   #17
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Fake bag, check. Discounted iPhone, not possible (unless her Sugar Daddy pays the bill then I suppose it is "discounted" for her).

I used the iPhone as an example because I see it often and I know it can't be discounted.

As and for the OP, DFW5 is sure right on. Plenty of young white trash kids have that look as well.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:21 PM   #18
Guest012211-3
Account Disabled

User ID: 2676
My ECCIE Reviews

Just saying, no one really knows how hard working some of these people are regardless of their fake bags and phones. These could be single mothers raising their children and doing their best to make sure they go to college. Even if they lead a healthy lifestyle sans the smokes and beer, is it fair to let them suffer and/or spend their life savings on treatment?

I don't have health insurance. I'm a healthy gal, but what if I had breast cancer? I would have to say "fuck it" and tend to my bucket list I guess. That's an extreme example, I know. A child shouldn't lose his/her hard working mother just because she couldn't afford health insurance.
Guest012211-3 is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:42 PM   #19
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltfan View Post
An iPhone sure is a luxury. Average bill for an iPhone user is close to $100 per line. You can get very reliable service with texting for around $50 a month, even less if you are willing to settle for someone like MetroPCS.

The insurance I offer for my employees has a cost of $100 per month. It has a high deductible but covers doctors visits, ER visits, Urgent Care visits and prescriptions for much smaller co-pays. As the average age of my employees is under 30 this covers most all of their needs. The person who goes out of pocket most is actually me. Had to pay for a couple of MRI last year but with the cash discount from the provider it wasn't too bad (4 scans for $1200).

I know quite a few people who can afford that. Not all health insurance has to cost $1000 a month.
Do you intentionally discriminate against people over 30 to keep your premiums down? I'd be curious to hear the answer to that question. I can't think of many businesses that have that young a mix of employees for any other reason.

Does your health care cover mental illness? Drug treatment? Does it have life time caps on benefits? What does it pay for a non_generic prescription drug? Without insurance my prescriptions would be over $750/Mo. I find it hard to believe that I can get something for $100 that covers that.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:48 AM   #20
Brass Balls
Valued Poster

Encounters: 59

Boy, I really started something! It's easy to see who the liberals are.

If you think our government can fix health care consider this:

The U.S. Post Service was established in 1775. They have had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.

Social Security was established in 1935. They have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.

Fannie Mae was established in 1938. They have had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.

War on Poverty started in 1964. They have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor" and they only want more.

Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. They have had 44 years to get it right and both are broke.

Freddie Mac was established in 1970. They have had 39 years to get it right and it is broke.

The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. They had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.

Congress has FAILED in every "government service" they have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE THEY CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM? IT'S NOT ABOUT THE NEED FOR GOOD HEALTH CARE; IT'S ABOUT TRUSTING THE GOVERNMENT TO RUN IT.

And consider this:

... we're going to pass a health care plan written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, to be signed by a president who also hasn't read it and who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's nearly broke. What could possibly go wrong?

The good doctor was talking about his patent's lack of basic responsibility and our governments historical failure at social programs. Face facts, a cell phone is a luxury, let alone an iPhone. I went 40 years of my life without a cell phone, don't tell me it is a necessity. It's about "wants & needs" and in today's America the "wants" usually end up winning out over the "needs". For me, health insurance for me and my family is an important "need" and I will sacrifice some "wants" to have it. But I'm pissed off that the cost is so high because many people choose (yes, choose) not to have health insurance and then when something happens they cannot ever pay the bill. So us that choose to have health insurance get to pay their bill through increased premiums. To the young lady who spoke about accepting the fact if she gets breast cancer she's doomed because she chooses not to have health insurance, the truth is you probably wouldn't be doomed because you would be admitted and cared for at others expense. You might end up at Parkland but you would not be turned away. I truly hope you never face a health issue like this and the odds are in your favor you won't. But what about an automobile accident? Wants & needs.

I am currently in the UK on business and it is true they have a nice health care plan. Just walk in and you're taken care of, seen it myself. The quality of care is not up to what we get in the U.S. but it's not bad. But, ask anyone that lives here what they pay for it in their taxes. My British counterpart in our company makes about the same as I do but pays TWICE the taxes. But I'm sure he is just thrilled to help pay through his taxes for health care any visitors or students may need while in the UK.
Brass Balls is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #21
Guest012211-3
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Visitors and Students in the UK are still contributing to the economy.

Automobile accident? Well, my auto insurance covers personal injury.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:59 PM   #22
Brass Balls
Valued Poster

Auto insurance? That sounds like a waste of money!
Old 02-06-2010, 01:06 PM   #23
Guest012211-3
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Yep, but the law REQUIRES IT, go figure
Old 02-06-2010, 01:19 PM   #24
Brass Balls
Valued Poster

Only liability..............So always try and get someone to hit you, not the other way around
Old 02-06-2010, 01:25 PM   #25
Guest012211-3
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

LOL! With my luck it would be the one Yahoo that doesn't even have liability. Now there's something to piss and moan about: having to carry full coverage insurance just in case some jerk "chooses" to break the law and drive without insurance.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #26
TallTexan2009
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass Balls View Post
Boy, I really started something! It's easy to see who the liberals are.

If you think our government can fix health care consider this:

The U.S. Post Service was established in 1775. They have had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.

Social Security was established in 1935. They have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.

Fannie Mae was established in 1938. They have had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.

War on Poverty started in 1964. They have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor" and they only want more.

Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. They have had 44 years to get it right and both are broke.

Freddie Mac was established in 1970. They have had 39 years to get it right and it is broke.

The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. They had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.

Congress has FAILED in every "government service" they have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE THEY CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM? IT'S NOT ABOUT THE NEED FOR GOOD HEALTH CARE; IT'S ABOUT TRUSTING THE GOVERNMENT TO RUN IT.

And consider this:

... we're going to pass a health care plan written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, to be signed by a president who also hasn't read it and who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's nearly broke. What could possibly go wrong?

The good doctor was talking about his patent's lack of basic responsibility and our governments historical failure at social programs. Face facts, a cell phone is a luxury, let alone an iPhone. I went 40 years of my life without a cell phone, don't tell me it is a necessity. It's about "wants & needs" and in today's America the "wants" usually end up winning out over the "needs". For me, health insurance for me and my family is an important "need" and I will sacrifice some "wants" to have it. But I'm pissed off that the cost is so high because many people choose (yes, choose) not to have health insurance and then when something happens they cannot ever pay the bill. So us that choose to have health insurance get to pay their bill through increased premiums. To the young lady who spoke about accepting the fact if she gets breast cancer she's doomed because she chooses not to have health insurance, the truth is you probably wouldn't be doomed because you would be admitted and cared for at others expense. You might end up at Parkland but you would not be turned away. I truly hope you never face a health issue like this and the odds are in your favor you won't. But what about an automobile accident? Wants & needs.

I am currently in the UK on business and it is true they have a nice health care plan. Just walk in and you're taken care of, seen it myself. The quality of care is not up to what we get in the U.S. but it's not bad. But, ask anyone that lives here what they pay for it in their taxes. My British counterpart in our company makes about the same as I do but pays TWICE the taxes. But I'm sure he is just thrilled to help pay through his taxes for health care any visitors or students may need while in the UK.
The Post Office has delivered mail reliably since 1775.
I'll bet everyone has a relative who has used Social Security benefits.
Millions have obtained housing loans due to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
The war on poverty was a casualty of the Vietnam war.
Medicare and Medicaid are lifesavers for millions.

The bottom line is that these programs have meant life and death for millions!
They were not intended to be profit making enterprises. Most of them were intended to be a lifeline for the have nots in society. I know that it is a bitter pill for the Republicans to have their hard earned money taken and distributed to the have nots, after all, they should either be productive citizens or dead!

It never dawned on me how callous a nation we are until the recent health care debate began. We now have millions of formerly productive workers on unemployment with little or no health care. The president promotes a comprehensive package that will reduce health care costs for all and a minority says "who cares!". Anyone who has ever worked in the Health Care Insurance industry knows that a market based solution is so pie in the sky as to be laughable! The bottom line is that in America we believe that you should be working and productive and able to afford market based health care premiums or die! We have more compasion for the Haitians than for our own! Then again, a donation to the Haitians is tax deductible.
TallTexan2009 is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:55 PM   #27
T-Can
Account Disabled

Encounters: 39

Well said TallTexan!

The U.S. Post Office has reason to be going broke - the technolgy of communication has superceded a lot of the intentions of the development of the USPS.

Health Care Reform is needed but I doubt will pass for many reasons. I feel lobbyists and their money are now going to play a big part in it's demise as it has in the Department of Energy's failure to accomplish what they were formed to do.

As for people in general, I don't ever assume about their story because there are many reasons why people are put in bad situations and have to live the way they do. I've met too many people to be doing that anymore.
T-Can is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:09 PM   #28
Boltfan

Do we have similar rules here as were on the old Dragon's Lair? No politics? This sure it getting down to Republicans vs. Democrats.

Before mods swoop in to shut this one down how about we tone down the specific political rhetoric.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:19 PM   #29
Guest012211-3
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Seems civil to me. Both sides have made intelligent arguments without resorting to name calling and petty insults.

Now BB has made a few jabs at me, but it's all in good fun. I choose to ignore the condescending tone in his comments to me
Old 02-06-2010, 08:23 PM   #30
Boltfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Do you intentionally discriminate against people over 30 to keep your premiums down? I'd be curious to hear the answer to that question. I can't think of many businesses that have that young a mix of employees for any other reason.

Does your health care cover mental illness? Drug treatment? Does it have life time caps on benefits? What does it pay for a non_generic prescription drug? Without insurance my prescriptions would be over $750/Mo. I find it hard to believe that I can get something for $100 that covers that.
Wow, are you intentionally an ass all the time or just when you want to cross examine someone on a silly whore board?

Yes I discriminate to keep health insurance premiums down. It is my master plan to rule the world as NP previously suggested.

OR

This is what fit the needs of most of my employees and THEY chose the direction of the company for better pay instead of health insurance they rarely, if ever, used.

That was an incredibly rude accusation.