Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70718
biomed162728
Yssup Rider60438
gman4453234
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48471
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41777
CryptKicker37184
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36158
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 08-19-2023, 12:02 AM   #16
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

More from liberal and non Trump supporter, Alan Dershowitz, on the sham Georgia RICO case:

“Trump’s Georgia prosecutor is not being truthful

The Georgia prosecutor who indicted Donald Trump and 18 co-defendants – yes, she indicted them, the grand jury merely rubber-stamped – has said she will try to bring the case to trial within 6 months.

I have been practicing criminal law for 60 years, I have never seen a trial with 19 defendants, a 90-plus page indictment and this degree of complexity brought to trial in anywhere close to six months. It simply can’t happen.

One serious problem with this indictment is that the 19 defendants may not all share the same state of mind or intent.

I am aware of no evidence that Trump himself ever expressed doubts about his certainty that the election was stolen…

Even when RICO and conspiracy are charged, individual guilt must be proved beyond a reasonable doubt. American law does not recognise guilt by association.

Every defendant must have the requisite intent, and that intent must be proved in every case beyond a reasonable doubt.

…40 or more lawyers that are likely to be involved in this case will have different trial schedules.

Although this is a state, rather than a federal, case, it is being brought by a highly politicised Democrat who is clearly seeking to serve the interests of her party and her preferred candidate.”
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 12:40 AM   #17
DNinja69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

Here is a non-Trump supporter expressing his undying allegiance to...

Well you can guess the next part.

For sure getting this to trial within even 8 or 9 months would be a miracle. Of course the grand jury rubber-stamped the request to indict there is simply no other explanation. Oh wait except that the evidence they observed amounted to enough for indictments. On a whole bunch of people. Congratulations for Dershowitz discovering that this trial covers new ground in a variety of ways those of us without six decades of legal experience may have missed that.

As for Trump's comments on whether he believed the election was actually stolen at the time of the offenses in question will certainly be examined in detail. We know how close Trump and he have become I am sure he gets information directly. A quote from Dershowitz that some might find interesting...

Dershowitz said on Fox News' "Hannity" that "there is enough evidence here to indict Trump."

That was almost a year ago. Seems he was correct.
DNinja69 is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 04:56 AM   #18
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

The thought police will examine his beliefs in detail, will they? How very Orwellian of them.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 05:03 AM   #19
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNinja69 View Post
Dershowitz does not work for a firm that told him to represent Trump. He made that choice. Someone with his political leanings working to further the career of a Republican is a statement of support and I appreciate him for it and wish more people would be able to see the value in those good people on 'the other side' but in order to do that you have to take Red or Blue colored shades off and think for yourself.
He made a choice to defend an injustice. If he wanted to support a candidate he’d go on TV and tell people to vote for them.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 08:53 AM   #20
DNinja69
Valued Poster

supporter- noun

someone who supports a particular idea, group, or person:
Ex. He is one of the president's strongest supporters within industry.

Feel free to petition the Cambridge dictionary if the definition does not suit you. There is no question Dershowitz does not align politically with Trump and he did say all monies from his defense efforts would go to charity. Not surprising especially with him releasing the book "Get Trump' not that he needs the income but yet another choice he made to help further the former President's effort to seek the White House again.

Dershowitz may have felt he was engaging in the same effort for Trump in 2020 with potential election fraud as with Gore in 2000 I have no reason to doubt that claim or include the famed attorney in any of the misconduct that may have taken place in 2020.

The OP here uses that comment to suggest the events of 2020 were just looking for the right vote count like they did in 2000 is a stretch of truth seeking to redeem the Trump camp as they face a laundry list of charges.

The question 'Should Al Gore have been charged?" and 'What about me" are again asked from Dershowitz viewpoint as someone whose intent was honorable so fair question but again does not apply to Trump or his inner circle.

I do not disagree with him that the Dems are looking to use this fiasco to derail the Trump candidacy nor the fact that the Hunter Biden accusations deserve far more Justice than they have received to this point. Unfortunately for Trump none of that means these charges are hogwash far from it.

For me none of the charges outside of the fake electors allegations mean much with regard to whether Trump should hold office again it is his conduct in late December 2020 and early January of 2021 that concern me.
He was not seeking a fair outcome he wanted to be validated and remain in office and that clouded his judgement. It is a human condition to be sure and in my opinion a fatal flaw when displayed by a high level elected official. You can't have good character some of the time just when it suits your agenda. All that said Biden was not anyone I would ever vote for especially not at his current level of ?ability?
Old 08-19-2023, 09:48 AM   #21
Chase7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacuzzme View Post
He’s a “supporter” of the constitution and just, equal application of the law. If the same horseshit was being pulled on a democrat, he’d be supporting them. Dershowitz is the embodiment of Lady Liberty and her blindfold. There should be many many more like him.
Exactly, yet liberals don’t want anything being equal, just what they want.

I’m a Independent. I feel both sides are corrupt. Trump is the only one in my lifetime that is for everyone.
He was and is after the Swamp, this is why both political parties are against him.

The liberals stick together no matter what. The likes of Senator McConnell is a full blown Rino.
He wants the liberals in charge, he lays back does nothing.

Both sides have been after Trump before he was elected. Dershowitz sees what’s going on knows it’s not fair.
Dershowitz Donets want to see whomever is in power use the power of the DOJ, FBI & IRS go after only one for “Political Purposes and Power”.
He sees how this could effect everyone not just one side.
He’s actually a Patriot, like it or not.

I keep saying it. If we have a one party system liberals will regret it when the Elites come after you.
Chase7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 10:51 AM   #22
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Not surprising especially with him releasing the book "Get Trump' not that he needs the income but yet another choice he made to help further the former President's effort to seek the White House again.
This statement is utterly laughable and shows why no one should take you seriously

Here is Dershowitz himself

"Dershowitz: This coming from a liberal Democrat who wants to see Trump defeated, legitimately . I have a constitutional right to vote against him for the third time."

https://twitter.com/i/status/1690125672121774081

Yeah - sure sounds like a guy who is "helping Trump win the White House again"
Old 08-19-2023, 10:54 AM   #23
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase7 View Post

I’m a Independent. I feel both sides are corrupt. Trump is the only one in my lifetime that is for everyone.
He was and is after the Swamp, this is why both political parties are against him.

The liberals stick together no matter what. The likes of Senator McConnell is a full blown Rino.

Both sides have been after Trump before he was elected. Dershowitz sees what’s going on knows it’s not fair.
Dershowitz Donets want to see whomever is in power use the power of the DOJ, FBI & IRS go after only one for “Political Purposes and Power”.

I keep saying it. If we have a one party system liberals will regret it when the Elites come after you.
Well said Chase. It is laughable how the leftists attack Dershowitz, an avowed liberal who has voted against Trump and would do so again, for the audacity of simply standing up for the rule of law and what is right. It just goes to show how moronic and deranged the left has become attacking an avowed liberal because he dare not toe the party line and instead stands up for the rule of law.

Most leftists have lost their mind and become a danger to the ideals our country was founded upon
Old 08-19-2023, 11:39 AM   #24
Devo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase7 View Post

Pretty much mirrors my thoughts.

The left will eventually destoy itself, its inevitable, they have destroyed the middle class, and they are going to end up with the elite on one side, and the welfare people on the other, which is why I don't see things ending with just the people on the right just disappearing.

I think the Trump riots were just a trial run, let the Antifa help drive civil unrest in the cities, remember the brick dumps, and all the signage that just appeared everywhere?

Somebody paid for that, and, the fact that there were no RICO investigations, tells you the DOJ sanctioned it.

Money leaves a trail.

The fact that Dershowitz, and Turley, who are part of the left, I think see that, and realize, what will happen, bad, when it does become a one party system, and we are on the verge of that now, and, the utter fear of Trump and his prosecutions are being done at a never before seen level to help close the door on any chance he can get re-elected.

What happens if, he does get convicted and wins anyway?
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 01:24 PM   #25
DNinja69
Valued Poster

Interesting that my mentioning Dershowitz continued support of Trump (never said voted. never said partisan) is seen by some as an attack. Some people are just allergic to Democrats but that topic is for another thread.

If anything the current realities facing both leading candidates for President remind us that neither side has clean hands. Often the party in control calls the shots, which continues to fuel the other parties desire to win at nearly any cost.

Dershowitz has shown great character in supporting his beliefs even for those outside his personal political spectrum. Freedom, Liberty, and Justice should not operate via party politics. How many participating in this forum could honestly say they would do the same?

Keep pointing fingers at 'the left' while telling yourself they created Jan 6th and 'the other side' is not part of the problem. When I read the Constitution it does not indicate that either party gets to dictate how we proceed simply based on the results of an election. We all deserved representation and currently I see very few of us receiving much of that. Dershowitz gets it. He would rather have a President he does not agree with than one who got the job through nefarious acts.
Old 08-20-2023, 12:02 AM   #26
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Dershowitz gets it. He would rather have a President he does not agree with than one who got the job through nefarious acts.
Hmmmm. So after being called out by multiple people and your false statements exposed, it seems you are now changing your tune.
Old 08-20-2023, 09:33 AM   #27
DNinja69
Valued Poster

Default Not even a little bit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryberry View Post
Hmmmm. So after being called out by multiple people and your false statements exposed, it seems you are now changing your tune.
Old 08-20-2023, 09:45 AM   #28
Don Stephens
Premium Access

Encounters: 57

Joining he fray:

The law is not being stretched to its limits - its being stretched way beyond that.

And kudos to Dershowitz that he stands up for what he believes to be right, even though he does not support Trump politically. We need liberals like him instead of the lemming who today support any thing in their approved ideology, no matter how rediculous or destructive it is
Don Stephens is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 09:58 AM   #29
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Stephens View Post
Joining he fray:

The law is not being stretched to its limits - its being stretched way beyond that.

And kudos to Dershowitz that he stands up for what he believes to be right, even though he does not support Trump politically. We need liberals like him instead of the lemming who today support any thing in their approved ideology, no matter how rediculous or destructive it is
Well said
Old 08-20-2023, 11:29 AM   #30
DNinja69
Valued Poster

We also need a lot more Conservatives to work from a similar perspective. Our nation was not built on the idea of inflicting the majority party values on everyone else and those same principles that Dershowitz used to guide him towards supporting Trump in his efforts to get fair treatment can apply to many groups of people who as individuals are also seeking their share of Liberty in America.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women