Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70466
biomed160928
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453020
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47726
pyramider46370
bambino40433
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-23-2024, 12:26 AM   #16
Tigbitties38
Valued Poster

No, Raskin didn't call smirnov a "very credible" source (this kind of statement is why you get accused of making things up).

Who said smirnov suddenly became a liar? We know he lied about the bribes to the FBI.

And other than these particular lies about the bribes, the house should investigate to see what other lies he has told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Hmmm... did Democrat Jamie Raskin once call Smirnov a "very credible" source? Has the guy been on the FBI payroll since 2010 and all of a sudden now he's a liar?

Please tell me more!

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6347059680112
Tigbitties38 is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 03:12 PM   #17
lustylad
Premium Access

Encounters: 9
Default Who Got "Egg'd" Again?

Sifting the FBI’s Garbage

Alexander Smirnov’s indictment tells us nothing good about the bureau.

By Kimberley A. Strassel
Feb. 22, 2024 6:12 pm ET

There’s a lesson for informants (and politicians) everywhere in the Alexander Smirnov story: If you are going to lie to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, make sure it’s a lie the FBI wants to hear.

That’s not the story the media is telling about the arrest of Mr. Smirnov, the FBI “confidential human source” indicted last week for allegedly fabricating claims that Joe and Hunter Biden received bribes from a Ukrainian energy firm. The press instead is using the revelation to slather egg all over the faces of congressional Republicans who highlighted those claims as part of their investigation of the Biden family business. The better question: Does the FBI apply anything beyond politics to its disaster of a confidential source program?

It’s not as if Mr. Smirnov is alone. The FBI enabled the “dossier” hoax by swallowing a compilation of fabulist claims presented to it by “confidential human source” Christopher Steele. It was aware Mr. Steele was working for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 campaign, had evidence he was blabbing to the press, and had been presented with a pile of tabloid-like accusations, yet chose to forgo any vetting and instead present him to a court as a credible source. Mr. Steele’s nonsense—coming at a time FBI leadership fretted over a Donald Trump presidency—was nonsense the FBI wanted to hear.

Special counsel John Durham later filed charges against Igor Danchenko, one of Mr. Steele’s subsources, presenting powerful evidence that he lied to the FBI in 2017 interviews by fabricating sources and information. Yet a jury acquitted Mr. Danchenko after FBI agents testified that while they couldn’t verify his claims, never made him take a polygraph test, and feared he was lying, they nonetheless trusted him. Mr. Danchenko’s credibility—coming at a time when the FBI’s reputation risked further collapse—was a credibility the FBI found useful to back.

Mr. Smirnov seems unlikely to be as lucky. According to the indictment, in 2020 he told the FBI that Burisma executives had told him in 2015 and 2016 that they hired Hunter to “protect us, through his dad” and had paid Hunter and Joe $5 million apiece for that aid. When Republicans in 2023 heard about the FBI write-up of these claims, they demanded the bureau hand it over. The FBI initially balked, arguing their source was too valuable to risk exposing.

House Oversight Committee Republicans say the FBI told Congress their source had worked for the bureau since 2010, had been paid roughly $200,000 for information, and was deemed “highly credible.” Ranking Oversight Democrat Jamie Raskin acknowledged the FBI’s briefing about credibility. Republicans say Director Christopher Wray also confirmed the FBI used Mr. Smirnov’s information in investigations until June 2023 (when the bribery claims went public). The FBI affirmed Mr. Smirnov’s credibility so long as it was useful to do so.

It isn’t useful any longer. Republicans for months have hounded special counsel David Weiss, who is handling the Hunter Biden probe, to explain what he’s done since 2020 to verify or refute the Smirnov claims. Last week’s indictment, which he sought, is his answer. The FBI’s “highly credible” source is now presented as a brazen liar, a boaster, a profiteer who played a double game with the bureau, and a partisan who had it in for Joe Biden.

If this is true, it ought to be a massive story that the FBI for 13 years relied on a man who prosecutors now worry has troubling and “extensive” ties to Russian intelligence. Instead, the media in its desire to embarrass Republicans is working to absolve the FBI, with the New York Times explaining the bureau never did “think much” of the Smirnov claims and concluded in 2020 that they “did not merit continued investigation.”

That’s it? The FBI is presented with an explosive bribery claim about a former vice president from a “credible source” who says it came directly from participants, dismisses said claim, and does nothing to re-evaluate its relationship with that source? (Mr. Smirnov hasn’t entered a plea, and his lawyers say he intends to “fight the power of the government.”)

This incompetence is having real-world consequences. The country is still living with the fallout from the Russia-collusion hoax, while Hunter’s lawyers have already filed court papers claiming Mr. Smirnov’s “rabbit hole of lies” “infected” the case against their client. Shall we add up the taxpayer cost of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, Mr. Durham’s clean-up of it, the Justice Department’s manpower on the Smirnov case, and congressional and inspector-general investigations? That’s aside from the serious question of whether FBI sources are rightly beginning to worry that their worth depends solely on how politically useful the FBI views them on any given day.

The GOP’s Biden probe doesn’t sink or swim on the bribery claims, though given recent history Republicans would have been wise to treat the dramatic Smirnov accusations more carefully. Garbage in is garbage out. But it’s the FBI that ought to have to explain the steaming pile of trash.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/sifting...ureau-b4302f22
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 03:18 PM   #18
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigbitties38 View Post
No, Raskin didn't call smirnov a "very credible" source (this kind of statement is why you get accused of making things up).
Read WSJ columnist Kim Strassel's article above.

Up until last June, the FBI deemed Smirnov to be a "highly credible" source.

Per Ms. Strassel - "Ranking Oversight Democrat Jamie Raskin acknowledged the FBI’s briefing about (his) credibility."

I don't make these things up.
Old 02-24-2024, 09:18 PM   #19
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... Thanks for clearing THAT up, LustyLad... ...

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 09:39 PM   #20
winn dixie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Smirnov lied. He had been the maga hero. End of story.
Comer and Grassley got some explaining to do

Kimberley Ann Strassel is an American conservative columnist and author who is a member of the Wall Street Journal. Yeah an opinion piece!
I listen and trust the official reports from the fbi.
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 11:57 PM   #21
lustylad
Premium Access

"
Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
Kimberley Ann Strassel is an American conservative columnist and author who is a member of the Wall Street Journal. Yeah an opinion piece!
I listen and trust the official reports from the fbi.
Haha... nobody can be that naive.

Kim Strassel reports from the DC swamp. She understands it better than the swamp creatures do.

She exposed you too. You "listen and trust" the FBI as long as it tells you what you want to hear. Just like they "listen and trust" their informants lol.
Old 02-25-2024, 12:03 AM   #22
winn dixie
Valued Poster

Quote:
"

Haha... nobody can be that naive.

Kim Strassel reports from the DC swamp. She understands it better than the swamp creatures do.

She exposed you too. You "listen and trust" the FBI as long as it tells you what you want to hear. Just like they "listen and trust" their informants lol.
Lol Nonsense
Old 02-25-2024, 12:39 AM   #23
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

Pure nonsense.
eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 06:51 AM   #24
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 41

I long ago blocked Lusty for lying on me but seeing his quoted posts shows that he has gone full right wing Trumpy conspiracy lack of facts or common sense nut. How sad, at least he used to be somewhat smart, if not wrong headed debater, now he’s getting into Salty territory. Damn shame.

RIP intelligent right wing posters. All that's left is Contrarian and there might still be hope for Tiny, though he's slipping over the precipice as well.
1blackman1 is online now   Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 10:31 AM   #25
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
I long ago blocked Lusty for lying on me but seeing his quoted posts shows that he has gone full right wing Trumpy conspiracy lack of facts or common sense nut. How sad, at least he used to be somewhat smart, if not wrong headed debater, now he’s getting into Salty territory. Damn shame.

RIP intelligent right wing posters. All that's left is Contrarian and there might still be hope for Tiny, though he's slipping over the precipice as well.
Me too

And +1
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 01:37 PM   #26
winn dixie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccieuser9500 View Post
Pure nonsense.
Indeed

Magas can't stand it when they're latest" gotcha" goes caput .
That ain't just egg either.... snick
Old 02-25-2024, 05:00 PM   #27
oilfieldace
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Indeed

Magas can't stand it when they're latest" gotcha" goes caput .
That ain't just egg either.... snick
Snick,seriously?
oilfieldace is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 08:59 PM   #28
Tigbitties38
Valued Poster

Yes, I read her opinion column.

In post #13, in this thread, on Feb. 16, you posted;
did Democrat Jamie Raskin once call Smirnov a "very credible" source?
I said; No, Raskin didn't call smirnov a "very credible" source (this kind of statement is why you get accused of making things up).
From the article above;
"Ranking Oversight Democrat Jamie Raskin acknowledged the FBI’s briefing about credibility."
Yes, Raskin acknowledged he received the FBI briefing.

A few things.
How about a link to when and where Raskin called smirnov a "credible source"? The above says; "Ranking Oversight Democrat Jamie Raskin acknowledged the FBI’s briefing about credibility."
That doesn't mean he believed it or openly called smirnov a "credible source". That means he was given that information. You made this claim almost a week before this article came out. Just let me know where you heard it then. Simple, right?

Also, I read the indictment. It details the time lines of information, all the contradictions in his statements, claims of meetings in places never visited. Including when it blew up in his face in 2023.
Mainly it shows the difference between an opinion article and an indictment type document.
And yes, the FBI was concerned when their credible source started lying to them. All that means he was truthful (or didn't give false info that they could prove otherwise until recently)some time ago.

Just another trumpy narrative that will fall flat on it's face in court.
Did you notice I said in my post;
And other than these particular lies about the bribes, the house should investigate to see what other lies he has told. since his credibility has fallen apart.

PS I knew this author was full of shit when she said;
Shall we add up the taxpayer cost of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, Mr. Durham’s clean-up of it, (now that's pretty fucking funny), the Justice Department’s manpower on the Smirnov case, and congressional and inspector-general investigations? Mueller-Many indictments and convictions. Cut short because trump's DOJ wouldn't go after a sitting president.
Durham-How many indictments/convictions? What did the tax payers, DOJ man hours, etc. get?
Not a goddamn thing.

https://www.justice.gov/sco-weiss/me...ce=govdelivery

Quote:
Read WSJ columnist Kim Strassel's article above.

Up until last June, the FBI deemed Smirnov to be a "highly credible" source.

Per Ms. Strassel - "Ranking Oversight Democrat Jamie Raskin acknowledged the FBI’s briefing about (his) credibility."

I don't make these things up.
Again, what was your source last week? Your new one doesn't prove your claim.
Tigbitties38 is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 03:58 PM   #29
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Smirnov lied. He had been the maga hero. End of story.
Quote:
Lol Nonsense
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccieuser9500 View Post
Pure nonsense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Me too
Quote:
Indeed.... snick

Awww thanks guys, for so deftly rebutting everything Kim Strassel laid out in her column.

I really learned a lot from your thoughtful & convincing critiques!
Old 02-26-2024, 04:02 PM   #30
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Lol... every few months 1b1 posts another disparaging rant about me, just to remind everyone that he still peeks at all of my comments while pretending he has me on ignore. My posts don’t “lie” - they just demand intelligent responses, which few lefties on this site can muster. Easier to smear those you can’t debate effectively as “trumpies” or “conspiracy nuts”. Damn shame.

Quote:
Funny thing is... I regularly commiserate with TC and Tiny about the lack of intelligent liberal posters in this forum. A few years ago, I even started a whole new thread on this glaring eccie deficiency. It didn’t get very far because... well, there weren’t any insightful lefties around to respond. I’m sorry to say nothing has changed since then. Damn shame.

https://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=1839056

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women