Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70466
biomed160928
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453020
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47729
pyramider46370
bambino40433
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-07-2024, 05:24 PM   #16
oilfieldace
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Some just attack fellow poster’s, because they can get away with it. In fact they have no answer and can not provide any rebuttal to the OP, life was goo for the majority of folks when Trump was President. A real economy , no unnecessary wars, people do what they can get away with , witness the Islamic scum and Putin
oilfieldace is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 05:45 PM   #17
farmstud60
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
More incorrect fact-free bullshit from you. As usual. You spout shit you likely don't even understand.

I totally understand it, but you are totally clueless about economics which is pretty obvious. In fact, as a group, lawyers seem to be the worst when it comes to economic polices.
farmstud60 is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 05:49 PM   #18
farmstud60
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecu2 View Post
Insurance prices are simply rising because of all of the claims from hurricanes and other natural disasters. Gasoline is a global commodity and is priced related to supply and demand - so that leaves us with appliances. What specific appliance do you think has a direct tie back to political policies and influence ? Gas stoves??

And let's assume, that scaremongering has increased the price of a gas stove by $100. How many times do you go out and actually buy a gas stove?

I've lived in the same house for 20 years and bought exactly one.

But I would love to hear the details of the appliance debacle caused by Joe Biden and the Democrats.

I wish I would have save it, but appliances only last half as long as they did 30 years ago, and they cost way more if you can find them.

The Democrats keep pushing all kinds of issues and regulations that increase costs of appliances to make the " energy efficient " etc. Central planning that doesn't let things improve naturally which capitalism always does. Pushing things too fast results in failed products hitting the shelves.
farmstud60 is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 06:17 PM   #19
eyecu2
BANNED

Encounters: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmstud60 View Post
I wish I would have save it, but appliances only last half as long as they did 30 years ago, and they cost way more if you can find them.

The Democrats keep pushing all kinds of issues and regulations that increase costs of appliances to make the " energy efficient " etc. Central planning that doesn't let things improve naturally which capitalism always does. Pushing things too fast results in failed products hitting the shelves.
Nice try at making energy star appliance ratings a political folly. That was started OVER 30 yrs ago! The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) launched the ENERGY STAR program in 1992, at a time when both business leaders and environmentalists recognized that economic growth and environmental protection can—and must—go hand-in-hand.

I agree they don't build them like they used to but, that's because of greedy manufacturers using subpar equipment or materials. I'd also agree that things are over engineered, to meet a mathematical equation of efficiency, but rarely have a long lifespan.

In general the life expectancy of appliances has dropped fairly significantly, but you usually get what you pay for - and the newest and latest greatest technology, is usually a sure sign that that thing won't last.

I get your point that appliances are expensive, but I don't agree that it's because of politics. It's because of economics and manufacturers trying to save money where they can.
eyecu2 is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 09:07 PM   #20
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 41

Quote:
I totally understand it, but you are totally clueless about economics which is pretty obvious. In fact, as a group, lawyers seem to be the worst when it comes to economic polices.
More stupid bullshit from you Farmerdude. You absolutely don't know what the fuck you're spouting.
1blackman1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 11:54 PM   #21
biomed1
Administrator

Encounters: 32
Default Members Are Reminded . . .

Of the Following . . .
Quote:
#2 - Derogatory racial remarks are simply unacceptable, period. Disrespect another's ethnic background and you will most certainly regret it.
biomed1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 07:14 AM   #22
adav8s28
Valued Poster

Quote:

The only people benefiting from Bidenomics are the Rich people that get interest income from savings accounts.
Do you know of any bank offering more than a 5% interest rate on a savings account? I know that Capital One Bank offers 4.5%. I have not seen any bank higher than 5%. The rich are making more money by trading stocks than from interest earned on a savings account.

Fidelity alone had 400,000 401k & 300,000 IRA accounts reach a balance of $1 million last year because of the hot stock market under Sleepy Joe and Kamala.

Thanks Sleepy Joe.

Thanks Kamala.
adav8s28 is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 07:46 AM   #23
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Nice try at making energy star appliance ratings a political folly. That was started OVER 30 yrs ago! The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) launched the ENERGY STAR program in 1992, at a time when both business leaders and environmentalists recognized that economic growth and environmental protection can—and must—go hand-in-hand.

I agree they don't build them like they used to but, that's because of greedy manufacturers using subpar equipment or materials. I'd also agree that things are over engineered, to meet a mathematical equation of efficiency, but rarely have a long lifespan.

In general the life expectancy of appliances has dropped fairly significantly, but you usually get what you pay for - and the newest and latest greatest technology, is usually a sure sign that that thing won't last.

I get your point that appliances are expensive, but I don't agree that it's because of politics. It's because of economics and manufacturers trying to save money where they can.
You've got that right. Last month I replaced my Refrigerator it was Fourteen Years old. In fact I called an appliance repairman he told me he wouldn't service anything over ten years old, "Go buy a new one", lol.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 08:28 AM   #24
eyecu2
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adav8s28 View Post
Do you know of any bank offering more than a 5% interest rate on a savings account? I know that Capital One Bank offers 4.5%. I have not seen any bank higher than 5%. The rich are making more money by trading stocks than from interest earned on a savings account.

Fidelity alone had 400,000 401k & 300,000 IRA accounts reach a balance of $1 million last year because of the hot stock market under Sleepy Joe and Kamala.

Thanks Sleepy Joe.

Thanks Kamala.
First commonwealth has a cd at 5% 18 months, and a high yield money market account, at 4.5%. I've not really shopped that rate further, but it seems to be pretty competitive for a bank!
Old 03-08-2024, 08:37 AM   #25
eyecu2
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
You've got that right. Last month I replaced my Refrigerator it was Fourteen Years old. In fact I called an appliance repairman he told me he wouldn't service anything over ten years old, "Go buy a new one", lol.
I know it! I actually like working on appliances and will buy and sell them to help pay my son's student loans. (yeah- we borrowed, so we pay), and the older stuff like dishwashers were easy to repair and fix, and they actually worked well. The new ones are junk and have circuit board issues, so if they ever get wet or hot, they are toast. (Which dishwashers do both), and the refrigerators of today are pure junk. Any of them with invertor technology are just about good for 10 yrs. Especially the french door models. You can still buy a good side by side that will last 15 plus yrs from GE, but the days of 40 yr old stuff running has come to an end.

BUT- I don't think they are the product of politics.

THey are the product of poor designers, and poor materials that are used. Everything is plastic vs. metal, and even the ones that are metal are such a thin gauge, they are not very robust.

Anyway- I know you can buy a set from HD or Lowes on special for 2600 to 4500 on specials. - just stay away from LG or Samsung for anything. PURE Garbage- and that's the truth.
Old 03-08-2024, 01:43 PM   #26
Clay Media
BANNED

Inflation is a "booming economy"?

The people doing best under Biden are the drug cartels.
Clay Media is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 03:01 PM   #27
eyecu2
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Media View Post
Inflation is a "booming economy"?

The people doing best under Biden are the drug cartels.
What do you think of booming economy means? It means overconsumption! There are more consumers than there are supply there for the price goes up!

By the way cartels do well no matter what's happening in an economy.
Old 03-08-2024, 05:47 PM   #28
adav8s28
Valued Poster

Quote:
What do you think of booming economy means? It means overconsumption! There are more consumers than there are supply there for the price goes up!

By the way cartels do well no matter what's happening in an economy.
When the pandemic was in its peak you had supply chain problems which decreased supply. When cities announced a lock down consumers went to the Krogers, Thom Thumb and Walmart and emptied the shelves before customers who shop in the evening could get to the store.

Right now you're correct we have over consumption. Unemployment is very low, there has been significant pay increases for some jobs (like the Cashiers at Quik Trip Gas and Krogers) and the last stimulus put out by Trump and Biden for a total of $2000. More dollars chasing after the same amount of goods, results in price increases.
adav8s28 is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 06:40 PM   #29
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

Inflation is the result of the government pumping way too much money into the economy. It’s right there in the name, inflating the money supply. Small pay increases are meaningless when the average family has to put out over $1000/month more just for essentials. Very few people’s pay has increased anywhere near the amount of their expenses, which has greatly reduced their expendable income.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 10:48 PM   #30
eyecu2
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacuzzme View Post
Inflation is the result of the government pumping way too much money into the economy. It’s right there in the name, inflating the money supply. Small pay increases are meaningless when the average family has to put out over $1000/month more just for essentials. Very few people’s pay has increased anywhere near the amount of their expenses, which has greatly reduced their expendable income.
I agree that there was an oversupply, but there was no way for either the Trump or Biden admins to know how long that pandemic would last, or if the stimulus was too little, just right, or too much at the time. I think there was not enough oversight in the stimulus money, but there is plenty of blame to go around on that. The part that is more concerning is that our economy doesn't need more politicization, being as fragile as it is. It needs good solid support from all sides including the "news", who are doing their best to describe it as either in perilous position to fall 30% or the other side touting it's a soft landing and we just need to get past the next 2 or so quarters. It's prob somewhere in the middle ,but I sure don't agree with most of the so called economists on the boob tube.

One thing is odd though, how are ppl living supposedly pay check to paycheck, yet are being classified as over-consumers?

Credit cards are of course a possibility in that, but general over consumption and inflation is almost always due to high levels of cash on hand.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women