Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70475
biomed161018
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453033
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47759
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-13-2019, 09:52 PM   #16
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrarian View Post
I noted this comment:

"Solar and wind technology requires mining rare earth minerals -- which produces massive amounts of pollution. The U.S. has outsourced those environmental costs to third world countries so that lib-retards can continue to believe they are using "green technology". "

If the barometer that determines an energy source's acceptability is its pollution, than the comparison between solar and fossil fuels is pretty damned one-sided. There certainly has been solid research and reporting about the "rare earth" issues of solar, and also the ill effects of securing the "rare earth" to produce solar panels. But overall the amount of pollution produced to secure, produce and distribute fossil fuels is at a different level altogether -- many times larger. Throw in the pollution associated with USING an energy source and solar wins again. We can make solar even more efficient. Why make excuses about matters that can be overcome, such as the "rare earth" issues, when problems associated with fossil fuels are far more serious and persistent. I would submit that the mining of tar sands oil in Alberta and gas in the Bakken produce pollution problems that are much more worrisome than mining for rare earths needed to produce solar panels. Problems related to just distributing raw fossil fuel products pose challenges that often result in massive spills and deadly explosions. It's inevitable that we'll move away from fossil fuel dependence, and, in fact we already are. I applaud increased momentum to do so. On that issue of government subsidy: The full accounting of subsidy support for fossil fuels reveals the massive public support given to fossil fuels. This cannot be disputed, even by fossil fuel supporters. The argument over our energy future hinges on what's best for public health and the health of our environment.
Like Obummers tax payer investment in "green energy"...GOTCHA!!

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ave-taxpayers/
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:18 PM   #17
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 03:52 AM   #18
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
I noted this comment:

"Solar and wind technology requires mining rare earth minerals -- which produces massive amounts of pollution. The U.S. has outsourced those environmental costs to third world countries so that lib-retards can continue to believe they are using "green technology". "

If the barometer that determines an energy source's acceptability is its pollution, than the comparison between solar and fossil fuels is pretty damned one-sided. There certainly has been solid research and reporting about the "rare earth" issues of solar, and also the ill effects of securing the "rare earth" to produce solar panels. But overall the amount of pollution produced to secure, produce and distribute fossil fuels is at a different level altogether -- many times larger. Throw in the pollution associated with USING an energy source and solar wins again. We can make solar even more efficient. Why make excuses about matters that can be overcome, such as the "rare earth" issues, when problems associated with fossil fuels are far more serious and persistent. I would submit that the mining of tar sands oil in Alberta and gas in the Bakken produce pollution problems that are much more worrisome than mining for rare earths needed to produce solar panels. Problems related to just distributing raw fossil fuel products pose challenges that often result in massive spills and deadly explosions. It's inevitable that we'll move away from fossil fuel dependence, and, in fact we already are. I applaud increased momentum to do so. On that issue of government subsidy: The full accounting of subsidy support for fossil fuels reveals the massive public support given to fossil fuels. This cannot be disputed, even by fossil fuel supporters. The argument over our energy future hinges on what's best for public health and the health of our environment.
If mining rare earth elements is so environmentally friendly, then explain why U.S. environmental laws have made it so that there is no one of note in the U.S. mining rare earth elements?
Quote:
Boom in Mining Rare Earths Poses Mounting Toxic Risks
The mining of rare earth metals, used in everything from smart phones to wind turbines, has long been dominated by China. But as mining of these key elements spreads to countries like Malaysia and Brazil, scientists warn of the dangers of the toxic and radioactive waste generated by the mines and processing plants.

(Yale)
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:39 AM   #19
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Annnn, the Rare earth elements manly come from China , IB and DF are correct , wind and solar are overall Bad for the earth.
Side note all this GREEN shit Auto Fatalities up again 40,000 2018 Third year in a row (Bloomberg)
Could it be because car and trucks are getting lighter for fuel mileage!!!!!!!!
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 04:29 PM   #20
agrarian
Gaining Momentum

I'm no advocate of wind turbines, though they are cleaner than coal plants, without a doubt. And coal mining. And coal slurries. And coal waste.
Solar is different story. Huge upside for all of us.
Someone earlier expressed his idea that coal is the here and now and solar represents the past --- he indicated that solar means we go back to caves. That is a complete flip on the realities of energy. Coal is the past, a backward dirty fuel that has outlived its time. I'm not aware of solar causing black lung.
There is progress being made regarding the ingredients in panels. Yes, China holds some key things, but they are used in small quantities. Science will advance the technology, and efficiency will improve and materials will be simpler. Despite what many of you say, solar use is growing rapidly. Did you resist the elimination of household phones and phone lines? Did you resist computers? Changes in the energy sector are happening, no matter how worried you might be that polluting fossil fuels will comprise less and less of our household and business requirements. By the time my children are my age there will have been a major makeover.
agrarian is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 05:03 PM   #21
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Did you resist the elimination of household phones and phone lines? Did you resist computers?
Those weren't state mandated changes with assigned penalties and fees for non-conformance, and you've obviously never lived in a region that was left without electricity and signal towers for weeks on end when you imagine land lines archaic and old fashioned.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 05:39 PM   #22
bb1961
Valued Poster

If they ever get fusion working correctly...that is ENDLESS clean energy...nothing could ever compare to that!!
Hydrogen is the most abundant element in the universe...BY FAR!!
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:24 PM   #23
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Those weren't state mandated changes with assigned penalties and fees for non-conformance, and you've obviously never lived in a region that was left without electricity and signal towers for weeks on end when you imagine land lines archaic and old fashioned.
You have?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 08:45 AM   #24
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Yes Cold Fusion would be great butt , till we have the tech we need something wind and solar not the answer on large scale clean up coal oil till the next breakthrough ,,,,
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 09:32 AM   #25
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

The Green New Deal: Longest Suicide Note in History

https://www.richardcyoung.com/politi...te-in-history/

bahahahahahaha!!!!!
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women