Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59956
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47579
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35405
Mojojo33117

Old 07-03-2017, 12:04 AM   #16
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadee View Post
But the CSA didn't. And for 4 years there was a war to decide that. As always, the winners make the rules, but for those 4 years, the confederate flag didn't fly over the USA. When the USA took our land back, they took down the flag... for a while.
YOU weren't the winner. Lincoln, Grant, Sherman, etc., were the winners. The distinctions they made determined the course of the war; hence, their opinion trumps your BS everyday of the week.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 01:02 AM   #17
garhkal
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
I don't have a problem with the Confederate flag.

Here's a better question - should ISIS and al queda be free to pump their propaganda all over our social media to recruit terrorists and incite lone wolf attacks in the US?

I used to be a First Amendment absolutist until those cockroaches ruined it.
But since they are NOT American (or living in the US), they shouldn't be covered BY our first amendment.. THEREFORE no their propaganda/bomb making videos etc, should NOT BE Protected on social media...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
The "Swastika" is an ancient Native American symbol.
]

It's also an ancient/old Hindu/Buddihst symbol, and was also used by the Romans back in the day too..

garhkal is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 07:22 AM   #18
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
It's also an ancient/old Hindu/Buddihst symbol, and was also used by the Romans back in the day too..
2short@desky didn't argue that they weren't.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:32 AM   #19
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Nothing like the Civil War to get the Ass KRaken out of his bunker...
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 07:56 AM   #20
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
But the CSA didn't. And for 4 years there was a war to decide that. As always, the winners make the rules, but for those 4 years, the confederate flag didn't fly over the USA. When the USA took our land back, they took down the flag... for a while.

Perhaps, Illinois would be better off with the BATTLE FLAG OF THE ARMY OF NORTHERN VIRGINIA flying above it's capital... http://tmg110.tripod.com/usarmyh9.htm

Judge: Cash-strapped state must pay more toward medical bills

Quote:
A federal judge on Friday ordered Illinois to start paying $293 million in state money toward Medicaid bills every month and an additional $1 billion over the course of the next year, worsening a cash-flow problem caused by two years of budget-free spending by state government.

U.S. District Judge Joan Lefkow's ruling came after lawyers representing Medicaid patients and attorneys for the state were unable to agree on a plan to deal with bills and pay down a $3 billion backlog owed to health care providers.

The ruling requires the state to start promptly paying all new Medicaid bills, which is estimated at about $586 million per month, and to pay down $2 billion of its bill backlog in payments spread out over the course of the coming fiscal year. The federal government pays half of those costs, so the bottom line for the state will be $293 million per month and $1 billion in backlogged bill payments over the next year.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...630-story.html
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 07:57 AM   #21
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

The South shall rise again...

But SLOBBRIN's IQ won't,
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 07:58 AM   #22
the_real_Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Quote:
The Confederate flag wasn't an USA symbol, it was an CSA symbol. Since they both end in A, you're technically correct. But I'll never consider the Confederacy part of America.
As IB wrote, Lincoln was very specific about never saying that the Confederate states were anything other than a part of the United States.

As for the OP, Benjamin Franklin said that the Constitution was NOT a suicide pact. Common sense says that sometimes the Constitution is not absolute especially when it comes to national security. Just as Oliver Wendell Holmes spoke of a "clear and present" danger when it came to wiretapping American citizens.
the_real_Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:20 AM   #23
Stockinglover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
what is the matter with NYr, moving his trash here.
You should move it back just to fuck with him.
Stockinglover is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:24 PM   #24
papadee
Valued Poster

Encounters: 47

Quote:
YOU weren't the winner. Lincoln, Grant, Sherman, etc., were the winners. The distinctions they made determined the course of the war; hence, their opinion trumps your BS everyday of the week.
I won because the North won and the USA is still United. The rest of your statement has no bearing on whether the Confederate flag was American or not.
papadee is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:27 PM   #25
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
I won because the North won and the USA is still United. The rest of your statement has no bearing on whether the Confederate flag was American or not.
The North won because Mr. Lincoln never considered those in the Confederacy anything other than Americans, and your ignorant POV will never change that fact.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:29 PM   #26
papadee
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn View Post
As IB wrote, Lincoln was very specific about never saying that the Confederate states were anything other than a part of the United States.
Lincoln might have said it, but until those 4 years of war were over, the South wasn't.

See every other civil war where countries are split. Vietnam, Korea, Taiwan, etc. Hell, the USA fought for 10 years to say Vietnam was split, but in the end, it became one again.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:38 PM   #27
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Lincoln might have said it, but until those 4 years of war were over, the South wasn't.

See every other civil war where countries are split. Vietnam, Korea, Taiwan, etc. Hell, the USA fought for 10 years to say Vietnam was split, but in the end, it became one again.
Again, your ignorant POV doesn't change the fact that Mr. Lincoln and his Generals, Sherman and Grant in particular, made the important distinction that those in the Confederacy were Americans. Your introduction of Vietnam and Korea serves to undermine your own position in that those are examples of proxy wars between great powers in third world countries which the American Civil War was not ... because Mr. Lincoln and his Generals, Sherman and Grant in particular, insisted that those in the Confederacy were Americans. Thus, Great Britain and France did not become involved.

Old 07-05-2017, 01:44 PM   #28
papadee
Valued Poster

Quote:
The North won because Mr. Lincoln never considered those in the Confederacy anything other than Americans, and your ignorant POV will never change that fact.
It's not what Lincoln thought, it's what the South thought.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:45 PM   #29
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
It's not what Lincoln thought, it's what the South thought.
It was Mr. Lincoln's position that won him the war.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:37 PM   #30
papadee
Valued Poster

Quote:
Again, your ignorant POV doesn't change the fact that Mr. Lincoln and his Generals, Sherman and Grant in particular, made the important distinction that those in the Confederacy were Americans. Your introduction of Vietnam and Korea serves to undermine your own position in that those are examples of proxy wars between great powers in third world countries which the American Civil War was not ... because Mr. Lincoln and his Generals, Sherman and Grant in particular, insisted that those in the Confederacy were Americans. Thus, Great Britain and France did not become involved.
My POV shows that it doesn't matter what great powers think. The people involvedwant their say. Who cares if France & GB weren't involved, The N & S had their say, fought a war, and the N won. All the countries involved in Vietnam, "Great Powers" made a decision to split in two, the Viet people said Hell No!, "Great Powers" fought a war costing 55,000 US lives, Vietnam is one country, one flag.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women