Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
test
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70717
biomed162685
Yssup Rider60417
gman4453229
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48458
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41747
CryptKicker37183
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid36091
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 04-09-2011, 10:27 PM   #16
Valerie
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54212
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill View Post
Salutations all!

Anyone have Nashville suggestions? Music, food, fun things, oddities?

It's my first trip down and I am eager to do much exploring.
Brentwood area is nice, there is a restaurant in downtown Franklin called the Red Pony which is pretty good, not sure if you fancy Thai food (it's my fav), but there is a place called Bistro Thai in Cool Springs that is yummy, also a really great sushi bar in the gulch,(can't recall the name sorry)....

Not sure if you're into comedy clubs but there is a Zanies in Nashville.

I'm not so much into the nightlife there, as a lot of it is quite country, but if you want to have a feel for that all you need do is take a walk down Broadway...
Valerie is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:05 PM   #17
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

LS: let us know how your Nashville trip went and if you had fun at any of the spots that we recommended; or better yet, you can share some recommendations for our next trip o Music City.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:48 AM   #18
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
LS: let us know how your Nashville trip went and if you had fun at any of the spots that we recommended; or better yet, you can share some recommendations for our next trip o Music City.

Nashville was wonderful. It's probably one of the cleanest cities I've been to in the US, actually it sort of reminds me of Toronto. I found the people incredibly friendly. Food was good, but I didn't find it particularly exciting - then again I was away from downtown and limited to more corporate areas.

I can't really say much about where I've been because it was related to my day job. I will say that one can spot many a hall of fame writer at the Sunset Grill - if you know what they look like. These are the people behind the scenes writing for the artists who became famous.

Regarding music: I would have to say pick up the Nashville Music Directory or the Nashville Scene, sit down at a computer and go through club calendars, and check out the artist ReverbNation and MySpace profiles - that's the only way to hunt down the best music. It isn't venue specific - it isn't in any city. You have to chase the musicians not become loyal to a venue. 2nd Ave and surrounding areas are mostly a waste of time, primarily cover, and targeted at tourists. The locals strongly support clubs in the surrounding areas, venues were packed on weekday nights. Fortunately it seems that nothings more then a $15 cab ride away. I did learn that BB Kings club, the "Deep Blues" downstairs is quite particular and features some truly amazing talent but it was closed during my visit.

Probably the best quality of music I've seen in the US (haven't hit Austin or Seattle yet). Incredible songwriters, great vocalists, stupidly talented musicians. Better overall quality then NYC, LA, and NOLA.

I learned about a new instrument: The music box, apparently a Mexican invention. God bless poor musicians, you could give them a can and a puddle of mud and they'll create an amazing piece - if it makes sound they'll make music. Then a craftsman picks it up and makes it art!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-IMARby9gA

The tone you get out of this dumbfounded me, particularly the snare and kick drum. I've seen people place their feet on certain parts to change the tone. It's incredible what they do with it. When you find a rhythm man of god like skill they bring this to life in ways that blow your mind.
Guest053011 is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:22 PM   #19
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8
Default Poor Musicians Are Inventive

Quote:
The Steel Band was invented around the time of World War II. Its home is Trinidad and its roots are from Africa. When the British colonial authorities banned African drumming, the people made music from bamboos which they thumped on the ground. and they created "Tamboo Bamboo Bands". Between the 1930s and 1945, biscuit tins, hubcaps and empty oil drums became a new sort of drum - steel, with distinct notes hammered into the surface. The steel banders call the music Pan and the oil drums on which it is played were called "pans". Trinidadians have always believed that music should be made with whatever came to hand. The Trinidadians also claim that the steel drum is the only non-electronic musical instrument invented this century.
http://www.yourtravelsource.com/Abou...y/history.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06eyqLosXjU
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:36 PM   #20
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

@LS - thanks for "reporting back"

all too often we get these requests with no follow-up
atlcomedy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women