Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70466
biomed160928
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453020
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47730
pyramider46370
bambino40436
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #16
gulflover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Actually, as of last year and for this year (and probably for the future lest we face a tax hike which would actually just be a return to normal), workers pay in 4.2% of their earnings. However, they get credit in the future as if they'd paid in the full 6.2%. That was the part of the bill that pissed me off the most; it's just a big middle finger to future generations. Congress didn't have the balls to say if you pay in less you get credit for less in the future, they'll just leave it to future generations to try and figure out how to pay for it.

And in the "no good deed goes unpunished" department, some states allow FICA paid to be an itemized deduction, and since it dropped, their state tax bill went up. I had several clients who never owed Alabama until this year.

I forget why the earnings were capped. I think because benefits are capped. But if taxing all earnings would eliminate social security's debt, it should be looked at at least.
gulflover is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #17
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Come On Waverunner. Here is a prime chance for the Liberals to be all for a tax on everybody, and everything. Like I said, I am willing to take the hit. And well knowing that I will never get it back.

Possibly the reason you are against this "SS on all income" is because the majority of your income is not W-2 Earned Income.

That makes you a hypocrite. You just want higher taxes when it does not affect you.

And thanks for interjecting your condescending attitude in a otherwise intelligent discussion. You just could not help from resorting to juvenile retoric.

We are looking for solutions. You want solutions, as long as they don't get into your pocket book.
Jackie S is online now   Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:45 PM   #18
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
Come On Waverunner. Here is a prime chance for the Liberals to be all for a tax on everybody, and everything. Like I said, I am willing to take the hit. And well knowing that I will never get it back.

Possibly the reason you are against this "SS on all income" is because the majority of your income is not W-2 Earned Income.

That makes you a hypocrite. You just want higher taxes when it does not affect you.

And thanks for interjecting your condescending attitude in a otherwise intelligent discussion. You just could not help from resorting to juvenile retoric.

We are looking for solutions. You want solutions, as long as they don't get into your pocket book.
You're talking crap again.
My trades never take longer than a few hours to a week.
That's SHORT TERM CAPITAL GAIN, taxed AS ORDINARY INCOME.
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #19
CJ7
Valued Poster

gee wave, you need to work for the SS Trust Admin and correct their math.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #20
trynagetlaid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Why can't they just raise the yearly maximum, like in the past? I can remember when I used to be all paid in by June or July and that extra money on my check was like a mid-year raise.
trynagetlaid is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #21
CJ7
Valued Poster

there's several different formulas that reduce the deficit in the fund, the aforementioned eliminate the entire deficit ...
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:19 AM   #22
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

The problem is that in 1967 the Social Security trust fund was ransacked by LBJ and the Congress to cover the cost of the Vietnam war. There has been no trust fund since then. It is all general funds now. Like when Reagan was talked into a small tax increase the Congress increased their spending and the deficit grew. Now if you indict any and all, living or dead, Congressman (women), Senators, and Presidents for embezzlement (that is the stealing or OUR tax dollars meant for OUR retirement) then I might go for an increase or removal of the cap.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women