Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70484
biomed161068
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453043
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47784
pyramider46370
bambino40450
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 04-06-2016, 07:36 PM   #16
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

http://www.triplepundit.com/2016/04/...-economic-war/

i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:35 PM   #17
DSK
Account Disabled

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by southtown4488 View Post
funny how conservatives love to increase defense spending but have no problem with millionaires hiding money offshore. . . eventually the lack of revenue is coming out of defense.
I'm fine with a dramatic decrease in defense spending, and I'm a conservative.
We need to quit paying for the defense of all the other free loading countries out there, and spend it on shitholes like Detroit, Flint, and other Democrat disasters.
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 11:26 PM   #18
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

The problem is the tax system. It's so large and convoluted that the rich can find, and pay for, loopholes which allow this. We need a tax system that rewards domestic saving and investment, so that money can be put to use creating jobs and infrastructure here. But as long as the corporations, banksters and mega-wealthy own the government, bitch all you want. It's not going to change. Hillary won't change it. Neither will Trump or Cruz. They're owned by the corporations. You can bitch all you want, but unless you're willing to take the drastic steps to affect genuine change, you're just flapping in the wind.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:16 AM   #19
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

There are no loopholes, there is only the tax code.
The people that use the tax code to save on the amount of taxes they pay did not write the tax code, it was done by our government.

We have the most powerful lobby in the nation and it is called the vote.
Failure to participate in the process of bringing candidates forward that will work to institute the changes needed are the fault of the people.

We get to vote to replace our representative once every two years. Our Senators should be selected by our state government and not by the people as they are representatives of the state government and not the individuals. Repeal the 17th amendment, it was not intended to be this way and we can see the results of that mistake today.

Restorer the Constitution.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:19 AM   #20
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
The problem is the tax system. It's so large and convoluted that the rich can find, and pay for, loopholes which allow this. We need a tax system that rewards domestic saving and investment, so that money can be put to use creating jobs and infrastructure here. But as long as the corporations, banksters and mega-wealthy own the government, bitch all you want. It's not going to change....
More bumper sticker bullshit. If you had a clue, you would understand that making economic choices is about TRADE-OFFS. The biggest so-called "loophole" in the tax system is the fact that capital gains are taxed at a lower rate than ordinary income. Close that so-called "loophole" (by jacking up taxes on capital gains) and you will be PUNISHING domestic saving and investment and choking off the very jobs and infrastructure you say we need.

But hey, why point out the need to make difficult real-world choices when you can just demonize the corporations, banksters and mega-rich? Right, Bernie?
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:28 PM   #21
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Panama Papers Reveal Hildabeast’s Kremlin Connection

“Almost lost among the many revelations is the fact that Russia’s biggest bank uses The Podesta Group as its lobbyist in Washington, D.C. Though hardly a household name, this firm is well known inside the Beltway, not least because its CEO is Tony Podesta, one of the best-connected Dim machers in the country. He founded the firm in 1998 with his brother John, formerly chief of staff to Slick Willie the Perjuring Sexual Predator, then counselor to Odumbo, Mr. Podesta is the very definition of a Dim insider. Outsiders engage the Podestas and their well-connected lobbying firm to improve their image and get access to Dim-retard bigwigs… Tony Podesta is a big-money bundler for the Hildabeast's presidential campaign while his brother John is the chairman of that campaign, the chief architect of her plans to take the White House this November....

"John and Tony Podesta aren’t fooling anyone with this ruse. They are lobbyists for Vladimir Putin’s personal bank of choice, an arm of his Kremlin and its intelligence services. Since the brothers Podesta are presumably destined for very high-level White House jobs next January if the Dims triumph in November at the polls, their relationship with Sberbank is something they—and Hildabeast—need to explain to the public.”

(Observer)
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:34 PM   #22
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by southtown4488 View Post
poor attempt at deflecting the real issue. . .and that's people hiding money to cheat on taxes.
Dems have supported legislation to fight off shore tax evasion, Repubs haven't supported these efforts.
just wait till HildeBitch shows up in the data. then what ya gonna say? bitch

opps! looks like she already is!
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:12 PM   #23
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
More bumper sticker bullshit. If you had a clue, you would understand that making economic choices is about TRADE-OFFS. The biggest so-called "loophole" in the tax system is the fact that capital gains are taxed at a lower rate than ordinary income. Close that so-called "loophole" (by jacking up taxes on capital gains) and you will be PUNISHING domestic saving and investment and choking off the very jobs and infrastructure you say we need.

But hey, why point out the need to make difficult real-world choices when you can just demonize the corporations, banksters and mega-rich? Right, Bernie?
Whenever you don't understand something, you call it "bumper sticker". If you think cap gains are a loophole, do you propose taxing them at ordinary income rates? Or are just going to attack me without offering any alternatives, like usual?
Old 04-08-2016, 06:17 AM   #24
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Quote:
Whenever you don't understand something, Or are just going to attack me without offering any alternatives, like usual?

He must have taken a page from your book, dull knife the Trumpazoid.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:14 AM   #25
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Whenever you don't understand something, you call it "bumper sticker". If you think cap gains are a loophole, do you propose taxing them at ordinary income rates? Or are just going to attack me without offering any alternatives, like usual?
Of course I don't think lower tax rates for capital gains are a "loophole" - that's why I used quotation marks and added the words so-called. Taxing such gains at ordinary income rates would be hugely destructive for private saving and investment. There is nothing I don't understand about this.

You're the one bitching about loopholes (no quotation marks) manipulated by and for the rich, not me. If you don't want me to refer to your whining as "bumper sticker bullshit" then be specific. Which loopholes are you talking about? And how would closing them "reward domestic saving and investment, so that money can be put to use creating jobs and infrastructure here"? I'm all ears.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:53 AM   #26
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Fortunately, I no longer have to read the tax code daily anymore. It is mountainous and incomprehensible. There was a regulation long ago that exempted money paid for a certain luxury box at a certain football stadium from taxation. That is one of thousands tiny little loopholes written into the code and regulations that only those who know where to look can find them. That practice is still going on. It's like CJOHNNY, they show up, and when they're discovered, they're repealed but show up again in a new place under a new name. That's just one out of a thousand examples. One I have personal knowledge of, because I structured it, was an old farmer who wanted to sell a parcel of land that had been passed down by will for more than 100 years. Since we had to use the original basis in his property, his cap gains exposure was enormous. I arranged through the structuring of various trusts, for him to make a lot more money by giving the land away, rather than simply selling it. It was a brilliant plan, if I do say so myself. What kind of country structures it's tax code that way? The current tax code can make you do ridiculous things to avoid - not evade - taxes.

We need a simple, understandable tax code that does not tax a person's livelihood or ownership of property. All I hear is "tweak this" or "raise that". Nothing that ever even tries to solve the inherent corruption and unfairness of the income tax. I have worked in taxation most of my life, in very complex situations. I know firsthand how flawed and unfixable the code is. I know how unfairly it is enforced, and how ignorant and just plain evil many of its enforcers are. I've had auditors working on an audit I was defending walk off the job when I showed them what their superiors wanted them to do. They quit the IRS, rather than continue with the unjust enforcement of incomprehensible laws. Others dug in deeper, and ended up in Tax Court, where I usually won. Tax Court attorneys are DOJ, and smarter than the IRS lackeys.

We need a brand new system. I know you don't like the one I favor, but I haven't heard anyone come up with anything better. I'm open to anything, however. Mine is not the only way. If you have a better idea, I'll listen. But don't tell me tax reform. The system is long past reforming. It must be scrapped.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:00 PM   #27
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
I have worked in taxation most of my life, in very complex situations. I know firsthand how flawed and unfixable the code is. I know how unfairly it is enforced, and how ignorant and just plain evil many of its enforcers are. I've had auditors working on an audit I was defending walk off the job when I showed them what their superiors wanted them to do. They quit the IRS, rather than continue with the unjust enforcement of incomprehensible laws. Others dug in deeper, and ended up in Tax Court, where I usually won. Tax Court attorneys are DOJ, and smarter than the IRS lackeys.
I had no idea you have such an impressive background in tax law, COG. So would it be fair to say you've handled hundreds of incidents where you strove to mitigate the incidence of taxes on your clients? It sounds like you were quite successful in defending the corporations and the mega-wealthy against the predations of the IRS!
Old 04-14-2016, 02:27 PM   #28
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

https://www.yahoo.com/news/putin-adm...132732180.html
Old 04-14-2016, 03:38 PM   #29
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
I had no idea you have such an impressive background in tax law, COG. So would it be fair to say you've handled hundreds of incidents where you strove to mitigate the incidence of taxes on your clients? It sounds like you were quite successful in defending the corporations and the mega-wealthy against the predations of the IRS!
Like most law, the Establishment favors the wealthy. No big corporations or mega-wealthy, but I did have millionaires as clients. I tried to help poor people, usually pro bono, but with much less success. It was infuriating, and was the primary reason I retired. I could tell you stories of IRS abuse that would curl you hair. The IRS is the most evil institution in government.

That's why I support the FairTax. It abolishes the IRS and the income tax. I'm not going to debate its merits, but I am interested in other alternatives. If there is a better plan, I'll listen. But I've worked too closely with the current tax code to listen to any "reform" nonsense. It can't be reformed. The only way to deal with this cancer on our society is to remove it. I won't be broken-hearted if the FairTax isn't adopted, as long as the IRS is gone.

And yes, my credentials are impressive, but I'd trade them all to have spent the last 35 years as a machinist, or a music teacher. Now that sounds bitter, but I'm not. I'm very happy now spoiling my grandchildren, and doing what I want. 60 is the new 40!
Old 04-14-2016, 11:14 PM   #30
southtown4488
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Conflating tax avoidance with tax evasion??? GIGANTIC FAIL!

Hey suckclown, if you want to pay more taxes than the law requires of you, go right ahead. Nobody will stop you. Something tells me you're in the bottom 50% of all filers and pay zero federal income tax. How big is your EIC check this year?
something tells me ur an internet tough guy and in real life ur a shivering cunt.
southtown4488 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women