Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70443
biomed160786
Yssup Rider60153
gman4452955
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47651
pyramider46370
bambino40373
CryptKicker37102
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35507
Mojojo33117

Old 04-27-2016, 10:12 PM   #16
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
well it certainly won't pay her anywhere near the loot she got for fucking up HP, and she did fuck HP up. when she got the job at HP, she was a senior executive at Lucent, then a subsidiary of AT&T. and she was on the outs there, probably not "going to be fired" but she'd hit the ceiling, she was as high up the chain as she was going to get. so bailing to HP as CEO was certainly a step up, a major step actually.

Are you criticizing her for taking the H-P job? You just said it was a major step up... it sounds like any career-minded person would have jumped at it!

a step down. because she failed at HP because she butt kissed her way into the job. then she crashed. and burned.

why do i say she fucked up HP? here's how. she loaded HP up in debt to become bigger than IBM. they bought Compac and Digital, among others. Later EDS but i don't think that was on her watch.

Digital (or DEC) was already part of Compaq when H-P bought it in 2002. In hindsight, everyone agrees Carly overpaid for Compaq, the merger was poorly executed, and it was bad strategy to bulk up in a market (desktop PCs) with thin profit margins on commodity-like products.

But hey, it's not like her successors did a lot better. H-P paid $14 billion for EDS in 2008 and subsequently wrote down $8 billion of its value. Then they acquired a UK software company called Autonomy for $11 billion in 2011 and charged off $9 billion a year later! Whoops! We look stupid!

At least H-P's current CEO Meg Whitman has been careful not to step on any landmines.

In tech land, destroying shareholder value is part of the game. In most cases, mergers are done using equity (not debt), so mistakes don't lead to spectacular bankruptcies, they just depress the stock price. In the annals of failed tech marriages, however, it will be hard for anyone to top the disastrous AOL-TimeWarner merger back in 2000!

http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/20/tech...own/index.html

who cares what her successors did better? all that means is they were better. including Mark Hurd. who got fired for banging a consultant. then landed the ceo job at oracle

the results? by revenue they are now larger than IBM. but IBM out earns HP on about 10 billion less revenue but most importantly, IBM is still the most influential tech company in the world.

Ok waco, I'm too lazy to check IBM versus HP financial statements so I'll take your word for it. But the tech industry has high-margin and low-margin segments. HP could be doing quite well in low-margin businesses and IBM could be doing poorly in high-margin sectors. You need to drill down and do more research before you jump to conclusions. And surely you don't mean it when you say IBM is the most influential tech company in the world! Do you work for IBM? Which stocks have performed better in the past decade – Apple, Google, or IBM?

i'll do it for you ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM
Operating income
US$ 15.944 billion (2015)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hewlett-Packard

Operating income
US$ 7.185 billion (2014)[1

IBM made twice as much operating income as HP last reporting year, who did better??? 2015 v 2014 .. close enough

curious that Raphael Teddybear Cruz would announce this the day after he got mathematically eliminated from being able to obtain the 1,237 delegates needed?

Teddo's dada was a math major. before he became a oddball preacher. maybe he shoulda called up dada and asked him what "mathematically eliminated" really means?

You forgot to insert the words “on the first ballot” after "mathematically eliminated".

the first ballot means everything if Trump has the delegates to win. 1,237. it's over. Trump WINS it!!!

Cruz is betting Trump won't get 1,237 delegates. as of today, he only needs to pick up 48% of the remaining available delegates to hit 1,237.

Yeah, I agree it looks pretty sewed up for Trump at this point.

ok? and your point is???

not a good bet, TeddyBear. unless .. Teddo thinks the "fix is in" and somehow even if Trump gets 1,237 before the convention, the RNC will fix it to take the nomination away.

if Trump gets 1,237 before the convention, he's the nominee. PERIOD. if the RNC cheats him, the Republican Party ceases to exist. everyone will know what Trump has been saying is true .. the "Establishment" decides who runs for President. your vote in primaries means dog shit. Probably in the real election too. Remember what Stalin said about "it's who counts the votes that matters .." and you better believe it.

There is no “fix”. Get real. If Trump wins on Ballot 1 he is the nominee. PERIOD. If he doesn't, all bets are off. That's the way the game is played. Curb your paranoia.

why do you disagree whit that??

the dems are no different here. they also "decide" who runs on the ticket.

unless you have hundreds of millions, or in Trump's case and Perot's before him, billions, you cannot fight the system.

Trump, win or lose, has exposed what politicians are today .. "bought and paid for" establishment cronies.

If Trump wins the nomination, he will probably need to spend $2 billion in the general. Do you really think he can or will pay everything out of his own pocket? His wealth is tied up in real estate. As much as you hate to admit it, he will need the RNC to open its coffers and shift its organizational apparatus into gear if he wants to beat Hillary in the Fall. So you will see Trump and the RNC “colluding” at the convention, if not well before then. When that happens, will you say Trump is also “bought and paid for” by “establishment cronies”?
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:12 PM   #17
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin View Post
I think Cruz is trying to pull a John McCain, lol. I suspect it will work out as good for Ted as it did for John.

Jim
Carly went to Stanford and MIT. Sarah Palin went to the University of Idaho. Carly is much smarter, knows how to avoid gaffes, and can handle the "gotcha" media far better than Sarah could. If Trump hadn't crudely insulted her for no good reason ("look at that face"), Carly might even have been his running mate and helped the GOP ticket immensely.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:49 PM   #18
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Carly went to Stanford and MIT. Sarah Palin went to the University of Idaho. Carly is much smarter, knows how to avoid gaffes, and can handle the "gotcha" media far better than Sarah could. If Trump hadn't crudely insulted her for no good reason ("look at that face"), Carly might even have been his running mate and helped the GOP ticket immensely.
Well I don't know who's smarter Sarah or Carly, it doesn't really matter anyway. My whole point was Cruz picks a women the same as McCain did to appeal to women voters and any other group that has the illusion women aren't getting a square deal. Especially in this election since Clinton will obviously get the Democratic nomination and she pitches women's rights and so forth.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:04 AM   #19
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Did you see that face? I mean who could vote for that face?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA"
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:12 AM   #20
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Well I don't know who's smarter Sarah or Carly, it doesn't really matter anyway. My whole point was Cruz picks a women the same as McCain did to appeal to women voters and any other group that has the illusion women aren't getting a square deal. Especially in this election since Clinton will obviously get the Democratic nomination and she pitches women's rights and so forth.

Jim
I like them both (Carly and Sarah) but for different reasons. It does matter that Carly is smarter. The MSM and the Clinton machine would have a much harder time discrediting her than they did Sarah... Carly hates the Hildebeest and would rip her apart on the campaign trail, if given the opportunity. Carly worked her way up the corporate ladder while the Hildebeest was enabling and defending her sex predator husband and being a shill for the permanent political class in Washington.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 05:42 AM   #21
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
i can absolutely see Robert Montgomery Knight aka "The General" endorsing Trump.

YES SIR...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg5_jhJ1ppk
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 06:01 AM   #22
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17
Default Trumpsters are bringing down the house.

Looking to lose the white house, and senate plus getting their numbers reduced in the house.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...d-trump-222557
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:02 AM   #23
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
I like them both (Carly and Sarah) but for different reasons. It does matter that Carly is smarter. The MSM and the Clinton machine would have a much harder time discrediting her than they did Sarah... Carly hates the Hildebeest and would rip her apart on the campaign trail, if given the opportunity. Carly worked her way up the corporate ladder while the Hildebeest was enabling and defending her sex predator husband and being a shill for the permanent political class in Washington.
I am all about destroying Clinton. I would vote anyone over Clinton. Everywhere Clinton goes bad things happen it seems.

Jim
Old 04-28-2016, 10:34 AM   #24
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
I am all about destroying Clinton. I would vote anyone over Clinton. Everywhere Clinton goes bad things happen it seems.

Jim
Hail to the chief!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:08 AM   #25
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Hail to the chief!
Hopefully it will be anyone but her we can "Hail To the Chief" to.

Jim
Old 04-28-2016, 07:37 PM   #26
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid well it certainly won't pay her anywhere near the loot she got for fucking up HP, and she did fuck HP up. when she got the job at HP, she was a senior executive at Lucent, then a subsidiary of AT&T. and she was on the outs there, probably not "going to be fired" but she'd hit the ceiling, she was as high up the chain as she was going to get. so bailing to HP as CEO was certainly a step up, a major step actually.

Are you criticizing her for taking the H-P job? You just said it was a major step up... it sounds like any career-minded person would have jumped at it!

it was, given she's hit the glass ceiling with her stupid noggin. she bailed Lucent because she knew she was not going any higher up the corporate tree.

why do i say she fucked up HP? here's how. she loaded HP up in debt to become bigger than IBM. they bought Compac and Digital, among others. Later EDS but i don't think that was on her watch.

Digital (or DEC) was already part of Compaq when H-P bought it in 2002. In hindsight, everyone agrees Carly overpaid for Compaq, the merger was poorly executed, and it was bad strategy to bulk up in a market (desktop PCs) with thin profit margins on commodity-like products.
they way overpaid for compac. and they are still mired in debt because of it.

But hey, it's not like her successors did a lot better. H-P paid $14 billion for EDS in 2008 and subsequently wrote down $8 billion of its value. Then they acquired a UK software company called Autonomy for $11 billion in 2011 and charged off $9 billion a year later! Whoops! We look stupid!

At least H-P's current CEO Meg Whitman has been careful not to step on any major landmines.

In tech land, destroying shareholder value is almost part of the game. In most cases, mergers are done using equity (not debt), so mistakes don't lead to spectacular bankruptcies, they just depress the stock price. In the annals of failed tech marriages, however, it will be hard for anyone to top the disastrous AOL-TimeWarner merger back in 2000!

http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/20/tech...own/index.html

(In fairness, it should be noted the tech industry is very fast-changing, so CEOs face more pressure to buy up other companies for strategic reasons than in other industries. And there are a few success stories.)

the results? by revenue they are now larger than IBM. but IBM out earns HP on about 10 billion less revenue but most importantly, IBM is still the most influential tech company in the world.

Ok waco, I'm too lazy to check IBM versus HP financial statements so I'll take your word for it. But the tech industry has high-margin and low-margin segments. HP could be doing quite well in low-margin businesses and IBM could be doing poorly in high-margin sectors. You need to drill down and do more research before you jump to conclusions. And surely you jest when you say IBM is the most influential tech company in the world! Do you fucking work for IBM? Which stocks have performed better in the past decade – Apple, Google, or IBM?

i own 7k in google stock, 5k in Apple, and 5k in IBM .. not one dime in HP

curious that Raphael Teddybear Cruz would announce this the day after he got mathematically eliminated from being able to obtain the 1,237 delegates needed?

Teddo's dada was a math major. before he became a oddball preacher. maybe he shoulda called up dada and asked him what "mathematically eliminated" really means?

You forgot to insert the words “on the first ballot” after "mathematically eliminated".

Trump will go to the RNC convention in the "Mistake by the lake" with 1,237. done deal

Cruz is betting Trump won't get 1,237 delegates. as of today, he only needs to pick up 48% of the remaining available delegates to hit 1,237.

Yeah, I agree it looks pretty well sewed up for Trump at this point.

it is a done deal for Trump. if the RNC tries to cheat him, death to the RNC.

not a good bet, TeddyBear. unless .. Teddo thinks the "fix is in" and somehow even if Trump gets 1,237 before the convention, the RNC will fix it to take the nomination away.

if Trump gets 1,237 before the convention, he's the nominee. PERIOD. if the RNC cheats him, the Republican Party ceases to exist. everyone will know what Trump has been saying is true .. the "Establishment" decides who runs for President. your vote in primaries means dog shit. Probably in the real election too. Remember what Stalin said about "it's who counts the votes that matters .." and you better believe it.

There is no “fix”. Get real. If Trump wins on Ballot 1 he is the nominee. PERIOD. If he doesn't, all bets are off. That's the way the game is played. Curb your paranoia.

he should, or else it's a riot. and it should be.

the dems are no different here. they also "decide" who runs on the ticket.

unless you have hundreds of millions, or in Trump's case and Perot's before him, billions, you cannot fight the system.

Trump, win or lose, has exposed what politicians are today .. "bought and paid for" establishment cronies.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 12:12 AM   #27
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

The only things that will keep Hillary out of the White House are an indictment or a stroke. Trump will not be President. Trust me on this one.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 02:17 AM   #28
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
Prolly the most worthless job offer she ever accepted.
... she'll not see her first pay check ...
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:44 AM   #29
Stevensegal
Fictional Writer

Encounters: 177

IMO, the writing is on the wall on who is likely going to win the rep. nomination.

Fiorina gets to tour with the Cruz camp and his campaign on their $. She is building her resume for a spot on Fox News or a book deal. I didn't a quick search on Da Net and found she is worth around 59 million. What do rich people like more than money? The spotlight.

I'm not Republican bashing, but give me a Kay Bailey Hutchison, John Cornyn, or anybody that has done SOMETHING while in office.
Stevensegal is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 10:50 AM   #30
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

http://theweek.com/speedreads/621425...a-running-mate
i'va biggen is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women