Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70472
biomed161009
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453033
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47759
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 07-05-2016, 11:20 PM   #16
francoisuno
Account Disabled

Encounters: 19

quit before you start. honestly, it's not worth it.
francoisuno is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:48 AM   #17
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by francoisuno View Post
quit before you start. honestly, it's not worth it.
I've played for several decades, single digit handicap, played at top courses all over the USA.. enjoyed it immensely.

but your statement is absolutely right, LOL..
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:15 AM   #18
gladius82
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

The best way is to find a teaching pro at a driving range or course, get a recommendation on which clubs to start with. Do what the pro tells you even when you don't agree with it and practice as much as you can especially at a driving range.
Remember it is a game where technique is more important than brute strength.
Good Luck...
gladius82 is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:30 AM   #19
Chung Tran
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladius82 View Post
Remember it is a game where technique is more important than brute strength.
good point, and a perfect segue to why you should take up golf.. there are not many sports (ok, GAME, LOL) where you can still play well into old age.. and size is largely irrelevant.. you can be 65 years old and 5 foot 6, and compete equally with a 30 year old who is 6 foot 1..

of course, it still takes a lot of money and practice!
Old 07-06-2016, 01:32 PM   #20
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

Encounters: 122

I say Manslut and Chung should post videos of their swings. Wanna see if their handicap matches up, lol...

Remember years ago when Terry Bradshaw claimed a 4 handicap. Dave Marr looked at the video of his swing on air and said: "With that swing and your handicap, you'd better have a LOT of money in your pocket..."
Prolongus is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 01:43 PM   #21
Chung Tran
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolongus View Post
I say Manslut and Chung should post videos of their swings. Wanna see if their handicap matches up, lol...

Remember years ago when Terry Bradshaw claimed a 4 handicap. Dave Marr looked at the video of his swing on air and said: "With that swing and your handicap, you'd better have a LOT of money in your pocket..."
Ha! at least I cop to a single-digit handicap (8).. Manslut says "zero handicap", any REAL zero handicapper would have called himself a "scratch" golfer, LOL.

actually, my swing may be better than my scores.. ever since I was 14 lots of people would tell me how great my swing was; I always thought "thanks, but if it's that great I should be better than I am"..
Old 07-06-2016, 04:54 PM   #22
MrMarriott
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 28

Top Golf??
MrMarriott is online now   Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 12:23 PM   #23
ManSlut
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
Ha! at least I cop to a single-digit handicap (8).. Manslut says "zero handicap", any REAL zero handicapper would have called himself a "scratch" golfer, LOL.
Any REAL golfer knows that people who call themselves a 'scratch' golfer are anywhere from a 1-3 handicap golfer, not the '0' it's meant to be...It's an ego thing for them, not me...When I fill out entry forms for State Amateur tournaments it asks for my handicap # not "Scratch or how many strokes over Scratch are you?"

I play golf for fun or money Chung, and I only play for money one way - The Nassau Bet for $1,000 - $5,000... For those of you who don't know what a Nassau Bet is it is a bet made on the better score of the front nine, the back nine and the overall score. It's 3 bets in one. There is no 'Press Bets', hence why I only gamble this way...Please let me know Chung when you would like to tee it up without asking for strokes on our round of Fun For Money?
ManSlut is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 12:34 PM   #24
Chung Tran
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManSlut View Post
Please let me know Chung when you would like to tee it up without asking for strokes on our round of Fun For Money?
I will not be letting you know, Sir, because if your skills are what you say, you will kick my ass.

let me know if you break your shoulder.. then I may reconsider
Old 07-10-2016, 10:17 PM   #25
francoisuno
Account Disabled

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
I've played for several decades, single digit handicap, played at top courses all over the USA.. enjoyed it immensely.

but your statement is absolutely right, LOL..
Not trying to "out golf" you or anything... but I've played since I was a kid, but it was never my focal point in sports. I engrained enough to be able to carry it with me throughout my life, but only enough to progress so far. I've gotten down to a + at one point and thought about trying to play some real tournaments. Then I played with some guys who were "scrubs" on the web.com tour and had my ass handed to me. It was so frustrating I almost quit. I could shoot under par at any muni in the area and most country clubs I played without a practice round, and those guys who couldn't make the tour made me look silly.

I have a goal to do open qualifiers one day, but It's a lot of heartache and frustration when you're in between really good, and good enough to play for a living.

So, if I could go back and never have touched a club, I probably would.
francoisuno is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:59 AM   #26
MooneyFlyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1
Default Okay, I'm in . . .

7.5 index (for the picky types) with a butt ugly swing and GPS (Golden Putter Syndrome). Playing better now (at 65 than ever), probably because I'm not trying to crush it.

Check out the post on Fucktard Golf League . .. thoughts?
MooneyFlyer is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:20 AM   #27
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

Encounters: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManSlut View Post
I play golf for fun or money Chung, and I only play for money one way - The Nassau Bet for $1,000 - $5,000... For those of you who don't know what a Nassau Bet is it is a bet made on the better score of the front nine, the back nine and the overall score. It's 3 bets in one. There is no 'Press Bets', hence why I only gamble this way...
What??!!? No presses??? You pussy, lol...

Was just remembering some of the guys I knew that played Nassau with automatic 2-downs. This one guy was around par all the time and had a weird-looking swing. He made some decent money off it. It's a real art, golf gambling.
Prolongus is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 12:01 PM   #28
ethorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Great thread guys.

Number 1 lesson - try to find reasons to play other than a good score - play with good company, enjoy the outdoors, get fucked up...I enjoy golf so much more when I am not just fixated on how good or bad I am playing each day. I had a great league I was in up north and we always had a blast no matter who won.

I also agree to start by getting a putter and an 8 iron and heading to a course just to practice. Putt around a while, putt and chip with the 8 iron, and even take some full swings with it. Drink a lot. If you enjoy this with just the two limited clubs, you can then look at investing further.
ethorn is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 01:14 PM   #29
dbjp101
Valued Poster

Encounters: 62

That's great advice ethorn.

Not trying to knock the guys who formed their swing when they were kids, but I grew up playing baseball since I could walk, and didn't start golf until after college. I had a hell of a time adjusting my 'baseball swing' based on advice from 'scratch' golfers.

For me it was grabbing a 7 iron, wedge, and putter on a short executive course to get some of the fundamentals down.
dbjp101 is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 02:26 PM   #30
Chung Tran
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by francoisuno View Post
I could shoot under par at any muni in the area and most country clubs I played without a practice round, and those guys who couldn't make the tour made me look silly.

So, if I could go back and never have touched a club, I probably would.
very good point you make.. there are very good golfers, and there are exceptional golfers.. the world is full of very good golfers, who aspire to be exceptional, but.. damn it, while it looks like the difference is 2-3 strokes, it's really 10 more hours pf practice a week for 3-4 years..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolongus View Post
What??!!? No presses??? You pussy, lol...

Was just remembering some of the guys I knew that played Nassau with automatic 2-downs.
those gambling types annoy me.. they can't (won't) enjoy the fucking game if they are behind.. just plot how they can win back their money and break even.. Fucktards.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women