Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > Coed Discussions - San Antonio
Coed Discussions - San Antonio Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70490
biomed161114
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453051
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47795
pyramider46370
bambino40457
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-22-2011, 03:34 PM   #16
Guest080312-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 32
Default Seems I've Whacked a Hornet's Nest...Or Something...Or Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaganGuy View Post
Hmm seems I've been called out, or insulted.. or something...
or not...
PaganGuy --

Definitely "OR NOT."

As I said, my original intent was to share a funny story, not spark a debate on religion.

Nonetheless, it's heartening to see some of you expressing strong opinions, yet remaining civil and respectful of others' views. I'm "crossing my fingers" that the discussion remains civil.

Nikki, Pepper -- I share your anger; yet agree with Flinde's point: "...as disgusting as the Phelps clan is - they are a celebration of one of our other important liberties -- freedom of speech."
Guest080312-1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #17
PaganGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

It's all good..and healthy debate is fun so long as it doesn't get mean spirited.
I'm about as longhaired peacenik civilian as one can get, and have been actually shocked by how many Pagans I know are or were in the military... one of whom is a retired Lt Colonel. Our presence on bases these days is actually quite common.. some folks I know I know conduct weekly services for large groups at Ft Sam boot camp.
One day the delusion that this is a Christian nation will finally die out.
PaganGuy is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:34 PM   #18
Rodram
BANNED

Encounters: 2

I agree with you GV, it is a good thing that a discussion of this manner has taken place. I am a Secular Humanist and while not a religion, we recognize the significance that religion has played throughout history. Humanism is a worldview which says that reason and science are the best ways to understand the world around us, and that dignity and compassion should be the basis for how you act toward someone else.

Humanism is nontheistic. By this, we don't mean to say that there is no God. Instead, we say that there is no proof for the existence of God, any gods, the supernatural or an afterlife.

Therefore, we take very seriously the idea that "No deity will save us; we must save ourselves." We are living the only life we'll have, in the only world we know about. The responsibility for the choices we make are ours and ours alone.

I have noticed however that Secular Humanism is being identified by the religious right as on a mission to destroy the country by eradicating religion of any kind completely.There is no conspiracy by humanists to force people to reject religion.

We do take philosophical issue with beliefs of religious followers. However, what concerns us even more is when religious believers attempt to use the power of the government to force their beliefs upon the rest of society. As it has been shown throughout history, no one benefits when religious belief and government power mix.

We strongly support Thomas Jefferson's call for a "wall of separation between church and state." This ideal can best be reached through a secular government. This would mean a government neither favors religion, nor discriminates against it.
Rodram is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:22 PM   #19
oldtiger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by the old one View Post
OT, you "find the surge in evangelical Christianity disturbing"? Christianity is what most of the world is founded upon, what our country is based on and you find it disturbing. It is disturbing that someone would feel this way.
Yes I find the surge in EVANGELICAL Christianity disturbing. I'd bet you haven't been on the receiving end of the arrogance of self-acclaimed Evangelicals, I have.

And frankly any evangelical activity (regardless of belief) is disturbing, the Actively expressing and sharing the (fill int he belief system), or proselytizing has no place in the military, especially when it is coming from UP the chain of command.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religio...agg23_ST_N.htm

http://www.csindy.com/colorado/noted...nt?oid=2080038

http://www.army.mil/-news/2011/03/08...n-unusual-way/

I could go on, but I think you can catch my drift....

Our country is based on Judeo-Christian principles, agreed. Of course, the themes which "Judeo-Christian principles" cover can be found recurring throughout most belief systems, not unique to Judaism nor Christianity. Moreover, many of our founding Fathers were Deists, not necessarily Christians.

And IIRC, about a third of the world's population is Christian (all flavors). Which means, about 2/3rds isn't....
oldtiger is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:56 PM   #20
Malachaii
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Paganism is cool and all, but me I find the benefits of Pastafarianism are too good to pass up. I mean who doesn't want an afterlife where you get to be a Pirate and have access to a ever flowing Beer Volcano and a Stripper factory.

May you be touched by his noodly appendage this very day

Malachaii is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:22 PM   #21
oldtiger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42

The best part of being a pagan is there is no exclusivity contract, I support his Noodlyness!
oldtiger is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:08 PM   #22
Malachaii
Valued Poster

WOOT Paganism !!! You gotta let playas play the polytheism card from time to time or the relationship might get stale

and a slightly smaller "woot" for post 200
Malachaii is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #23
Rodram
BANNED

Encounters: 2

Right on oldtiger, most excellent point! There is a rise in religious indoctrination in the military, and it is extremely worrisome because of the tendency towards fanaticism that governs by ideology rather than whats best for the troops or the nation.
Rodram is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:26 PM   #24
flinde
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

Yes, the fundamental evangelical Christians are taking over everything:

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle..._offered_.html
flinde is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:09 PM   #25
Malachaii
Valued Poster