Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70457
biomed160866
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452978
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47680
pyramider46370
bambino40410
CryptKicker37104
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35604
Mojojo33117

Old 06-30-2011, 05:06 PM   #16
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhende3 View Post
Oliviahoward your wrong on most if the stuff you said. First if you pay what you say you pay for electric your getting ripped off. I work for a major power company for over ten year on the distribution side 0.0881 per kwh is what is paid in Louisiana that the regulated amount. Now fuel cost varies from month to month but not a big jump per month. If Your 0.94 kwh is even right i would have gotten a 1880.00 bill last month for my 2000 kwh used. Competition in the electrical business is a joke! Truth be told most customers electrical don't want to serve anyway. You don't make money off residential customers till years later and then it isn't much.

Super Walmart bill for last month was over 20,000 dollars in my area. And it probably be higher next month.
I said my price was .094 not .94 / KWh. My bill is a balanced bill and is $283 a month. So what is it I was wrong about? I never regaled deregulation as anything. I just stated my cost per KWh and that Wal Mart gets a volume price.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:07 PM   #17
jhende3
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

No i doesn't work for a power company and it doesnt weather you like Obama or not it doesn't there isn't competition in the power industry to even talk about to drive down cost. Two co-op in one of our areas buy power from us all it does is let companys charge what they want to charge. Deregulation sounds good but it doesnt do much.

I brought up this issue an hour ago to the people in my office and some came up with an interesting point. What happens in an area that has mote than one utility company providing power and a hurricane hit the area. Here in south Louisiana where my company is the main one the cost of restoration is shared by millions of people. If there is lets say 4 companies in the area that four companies all try to come up with about the same amount of money but with less customers to absorb the cost. Oh heres a better one 2 companies feed the same subdivision power gets knock out to all of them, both share an equal amount of customers. One company comes up a little more lucky than the other and gets there power up first. The other might be another week or two. All the other companies customers decided to switch to the other company. You might hate Obama and so do a lot of people i work with but deregulation isn't good for anything except a politician getting some extra votes from people who don't understand what their deregulating anyway
jhende3 is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:12 PM   #18
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Jhende: Your statement about deregulation not working is not supported by the facts of current rates in regulated states vs. deregulated states.

Please provide your evidence (other than coffee time chatter) that deregulation doesn't work. I would like to hear facts.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:47 PM   #19
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
I was a Kinky voter too .
And yet you complain (incessantly, i might add) that Obama's unqualified?

Seems someone has a pretty selective definition of the term.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:06 PM   #20
jhende3
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Seems like you guys got your mind pretty made up about the subject. Working for a power company seems not to mean much since i deal with this stuff on a daily basis. Obama bad republicans good seems to be the message your trying to say and power bills have little to do with your reasoning. I hope with your deregulations that a major storm never hits one of your areas because then you will know what i understand about cost and profit a utility company has to deal with on a daily basis. Those companies wont be able to call other utilities for help because they couldn't afford it. And they cant spread the cost out because you couldn't afford it. Hurricane Katrina cost my company 3 billion the first three months that one company with no competition imagine 2 or 3 companies with that same bill. Good luck in 2012!
jhende3 is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:21 PM   #21
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
And yet you complain (incessantly, i might add) that Obama's unqualified?

Seems someone has a pretty selective definition of the term.
Just thought you should know. Since Reconstruction, Texas' governor is a paper tiger. He has no real power. The power lies with the LT governor. This is why I voted for Gore over Bush for the presidency.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:18 PM   #22
DragonTongue
Gaining Momentum

Deregulation wouldn't necessarily work with power companies because of the restrictions imposed on starting up new power supplies. It's really a political play, similar to the Gulf Moratorium being lifted, yet the permitting process is painfully slow yet. You're introducing competition on paper, but not in practice.

And as for California's costs, that doesn't factor in the non-monetary costs associated with the rolling brownouts they have nearly every summer.
DragonTongue is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women