Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70469
biomed160988
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453026
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47744
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-20-2019, 10:15 AM   #16
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
an attempt at whataboutism?
No. You misunderstand. You go from feeling like impeachment, as a boy, is a solemn event. To feeling like it's a joke now. Describe your feelings in the middle.

Quote:
Whether or not one supports impeachment of President Trump, a number of key takeaways have flowed from these proceedings.

First, the president of the United States used the power of his office to leverage a foreign government to interfere in domestic politics. By itself, leverage of a foreign government in support of national interests is nothing new. However, leverage of a foreign government in order to pursue a one's domestic political agenda is at best improper, and at worse an abuse of presidential power. That leverage definitively included a meeting with the president, a visit to the White House and the ability to purchase Javelin anti-tank weapons. The disclosure that the foreign government needed only to make a high-visibility public relations statement announcing the investigations versus actual conduct of the investigations solidifies the political nature of the president's requested favor.

Second, less clear is whether the president purposefully prioritized his political interests over national security by delaying security assistance funding to an ally. If such occurred it would clearly be an abuse of presidential power. The lack of clarity results from the president's decision to block access to records and personnel with direct knowledge of the matter. That said, the delay clearly fits within the ongoing pattern of leverage. Security assistance funding had been authorized and appropriated by Congress, then signed into law by the president himself on two separate occasions. While the president has the right to change policy with regard to appropriations he signed into law, to do so he is required by law to notify Congress in writing, which he did not do. The answer, damning or exculpatory, lies within records that the president does not want seen. That raises the simple question as to why the president would bury an exculpatory answer.

Third, while it is clear that the president leveraged a foreign government for political benefit, it is also equally clear that such leverage failed. There has been no White House visit, security assistance was eventually released, additional Javelins will be procured and the investigations requested by the president have neither been announced nor conducted. Congress must decide whether or not to impeach upon a bungled attempt to abuse or at a minimum to censure that failed attempt.

Fourth, the president steadfastly holds that he did nothing wrong. This implies either an inability to recognize improper conduct or a blatant disregard for improper conduct given the power of position. The former should result in the president's being voted out of office, while the latter would argue for impeachment.

Fifth, in addition to blocking access to pertinent materials and testimony, and publicly denigrating and intimidating those whose testimony he disliked, the president throughout these proceedings went to great length to misrepresent the legitimacy and seriousness of impeachment. Some will see this as merely a defensive distraction while others see a more serious attempt to obstruct Congress' obligations. In either case, the president's consistent misrepresentation of the Constitution fails to uphold his oath of office to protect and defend it.

Finally, impeachment is a legitimate action under the United States Constitution. The framers of the Constitution fully recognized the partisan nature of impeachment, and such was surely on full display throughout these proceedings. Nonetheless, the framers also believed in Congress' ability to ultimately act apolitically in executing a solemn responsibility. Accusers and defenders alike are sworn to support a Constitution that, at the end of the day, expects they will set bias aside and act based upon honor. It is their duty to do so.

By Tom Harrington
Thanks new Party of Trumpettes.
eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 10:16 AM   #17
oeb11
Valued Poster

Deflection from DPST responsibility for their actions
Thank you 9500- another post revealing the lack of substance in your posts and content, as well as the political impeachment.

Tlaib gloating - next she will be after Pence to usher Pelosi into the oval office.
of course, foolish memes like Lenny Bruce - a dead comedian.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 10:19 AM   #18
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson66 View Post
Every network and major newspapers are reporting the fat lying bastard was impeached and that’s the way history will record his first term. It’s official.
History will record that Trump was the first President to be Impeached in the House, acquitted in the Senate then reelected for a second term, which will make Democrats look like true morons, lol.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 10:22 AM   #19
oeb11
Valued Poster

DPST's are already planning the Articles of Impeachment for Trump in 2021.

Impeachment redux.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 12:06 PM   #20
HoeHummer
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post
Deflection from DPST responsibility for their actions
Thank you 9500- another post revealing the lack of substance in your posts and content, as well as the political impeachment.

Tlaib gloating - next she will be after Pence to usher Pelosi into the oval office.
of course, foolish memes like Lenny Bruce - a dead comedian.
HoeHummer is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 12:11 PM   #21
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccieuser9500 View Post
No. You misunderstand. You go from feeling like impeachment, as a boy, is a solemn event. To feeling like it's a joke now. Describe your feelings in the middle.

Thanks new Party of Trumpettes.
I wasn’t a “boy” when Clinton was impeached. I voted for him in his second term even tho I thought Dole had much higher character. The economy was good, relative peace. And Clinton worked with Gingrich on Welfare reform and balancing the budget. I was against impeachment and throwing him out of office. He embarrassed himself and the office. That was good enough for me. It was good enough for Trent Lott at the time. He didn’t want a full blown trial and circus in the Senate. He chose not to try and remove him from office. McConnell is offering Schumer and Pelosi the same deal. Seems fair to me. But there’s no satiating the pure hatred from people like you.
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 12:17 PM   #22
HoeHummer
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccielover or lustylard or bambinoo View Post
I wasn’t a “boy” when Clinton was impeached. I voted for him in his second term even tho I thought Dole had much higher character. The economy was good, relative peace. And Clinton worked with Gingrich on Welfare reform and balancing the budget. I was against impeachment and throwing him out of office. He embarrassed himself and the office. That was good enough for me. It was good enough for Trent Lott at the time. He didn’t want a full blown trial and circus in the Senate. He chose not to try and remove him from office. McConnell is offering Schumer and Pelosi the same deal. Seems fair to me. But there’s no satiating the pure hatred from people like you.
Great points, interchangeable partsy. You don't know what "people like you" think.
Old 12-20-2019, 12:43 PM   #23
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

-
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 12:44 PM   #24
HoeHummer
BANNED

Look who fell off the turnip trucks! Happy Boxing Day, COB!
Old 12-20-2019, 02:56 PM   #25
oeb11
Valued Poster

Hatred is self destructive - but deserved in a case I see in front me.

Merry Christmas - YR-Hoe
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 03:17 PM   #26
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
-
brilliant!
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 07:40 PM   #27
Tsmokies
BANNED

Encounters: 9

More fun and amusement this year in twit land. Nancy is hanging trump out to dry in his orange (it's the lights stupid) outrageous ignorant skin. I can't wait to read his next ignorant miss soelled melted down and no clue wtf twit lol. ( I meant spelled

The ignorant racist redncks white old men (and one old woman from Austin wtf n smh lol) are a fun read on here when I can keep up. Dang they have no life and post 24/7 to try and support stupid. I just wish I had the time to cut n paste and paste n cut zhit. Putin and his loyalist are owning America and are fun to read too.

The Obama economy is still going strong though.
Tsmokies is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 07:52 PM   #28
Unique_Carpenter
Off clock with a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

Let her hold the paperwork. Once the current Congressional session ends fall 20, all un-acted upon resolutions expire.

The game is in McConnell's ballpark and Pelosi is afraid to throw the first pitch.
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 08:02 PM   #29
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter View Post
Let her hold them. Once the current Congressional session ends fall 20, all un-acted upon resolutions expire.

The game is in McConnell's ballpark and Pelosi is afraid to throw the first pitch.
Pelosi can balk the impeachment until then?

Would you please provide a link? Is this based on an opinion? Or rules?

http://clerk.house.gov/floorsummary/floor.aspx

Quote:
4:25:27 P.M.

The House received a communication from the Honorable Jim Jordan. Mr. Jordan submitted his resignation from the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. The resignation was accepted without objection.
http://clerk.house.gov/legislative/legfaq.aspx

eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 12:41 AM   #30
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
and then there was the phone camera video of the gloating tliab

there are pics of the media gloateding and celebratimg at various impeachment parties.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women