Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70481
biomed161047
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453037
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47774
pyramider46370
bambino40446
CryptKicker37107
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-14-2021, 10:17 PM   #16
Salty Again
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1961 View Post
With the libtards in control this country hasn't been in this shape in 40 yrs.
... Nice place this America.

I even know what A LOT of American voters are getting
this year for Christmas and Boxing Day:

... Buyer's Remorse!

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 04:32 AM   #17
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

The Judicial Branch has no say in the passing of an Amendment.

The House and Senate vote on it, the President signs it, then three fourths of the States ratify it.

It then becomes part of the Constitution.

The Court cannot declare part of the Constitution “unconstitutional”.

I see your point, though. The “interpretation” of the Amendment is where the Court’s opinion comes in to play.

That’s why we need to keep churning out Lawyers. Nobody can simply read a Law and possibly understand what it really means, especially if that law doesn’t correspond with your political and social beliefs.

Take the First Amendment. Seems simple, huh.? “Congress shall make no law” is how it starts. What could be more simple. It’s written in plain English. What part of “shall make no law” do you not understand?

“But I want to smoke Peyote as part of my religious practice”. Congress passed a law saying you can’t. The Court agrees. That term “ Congress shall make no law”, which is part of the Constitution, really does not mean what it says.

Or so we are told.
Jackie S is online now   Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 06:21 AM   #18
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccieuser9500 View Post
Normal people don't force their kids to pose with automatic weapons for a Christmas photo. Much less give them a gun for the Holy holidays.
Really? How do you know they were forced? I’ve given guns for Christmas several times. Savage bolt action 22, coupe Rugers and a Henry BigBoy (for the mrs) most recently. Sometimes I even GET gun parts, a nice Trijicon I was too cheap to buy but lusted after a couple years ago.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 06:29 AM   #19
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post

The House and Senate vote on it, the President signs it, then three fourths of the States ratify it.

I see your point, though. The “interpretation” of the Amendment is where the Court’s opinion comes in to play.

That’s why we need to keep churning out Lawyers. Nobody can simply read a Law and possibly understand what it really means, especially if that law doesn’t correspond with your political and social beliefs.

Take the First Amendment. Seems simple, huh.? “Congress shall make no law” is how it starts. What could be more simple. It’s written in plain English. What part of “shall make no law” do you not understand?

“But I want to smoke Peyote as part of my religious practice”. Congress passed a law saying you can’t. The Court agrees. That term “ Congress shall make no law”, which is part of the Constitution, really does not mean what it says.

Or so we are told.
agreed
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 06:30 AM   #20
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post
... Nice place this America.

I even know what A LOT of American voters are getting
this year for Christmas and Boxing Day:

... Buyer's Remorse!

#### Salty
You think folks would rather have Trump?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 08:11 AM   #21
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
only tequila makes one post like that.
Mezcal.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 08:11 AM   #22
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
They don’t know. They didn’t want Trump either.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 08:21 AM   #23
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

Quote:

Or so we are told.

Apparently the legislature in Texas can't read or understand. But the crux is that the power was given to other citizens to hunt down violators for a bounty. Relieving itself in an incomprehensible way the framers never thought. Brilliant, but evil. Two America's. I'm on the side of good; the side of the reproduces. Chicken or the egg.

U.S. Constitutional Amendments

https://constitution.findlaw.com/amendments.html

Quote:
The first ten amendments became known as the Bill of Rights, which includes many of the freedoms we associate so closely with the United States - such as freedom of religion, freedom of speech, and freedom of the press. These constitutional rights protect the lives of individuals from interference by the government.

It could be interpreted as a null and void document by a majority Conservative court. Making itself a mere joke of an institution.

That's why I think the court will not overturn Roe versus Wade in a national confirmation of the court's power to check and balance the legislative branch's overreach of the to regulate a woman's liberty.

410 U.S. 113 (1973)
eccieuser9500 is online now   Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 03:23 PM   #24
Salty Again
Valued Poster

Quote:
... According to the recent pollings - YES!

### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 04:24 PM   #25
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Quote:
Absolutely. The country is a joke with an incoherent moron purportedly in charge. Give me boorish tweets, $2 gas, fully staffed businesses and no thoughts of war with Russia back. Pretty please with sugar on top.
Old 12-15-2021, 04:52 PM   #26
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirMan View Post
We often claim that we have or are headed to two Americas. One left and one right. Some on here proclaim a civil war is just around the corner. Some of us believe that’s a virtual impossibility. But maybe it’s not so improbable. This county has been vastly divided before. 24 hour politics news cycles and “see the news you want to believe that buttresses your biases” only makes it a bit worse. Many are just fine with confirmation bias as a way of absorbing the world around them, unfortunately. Shit many confuse opinion news as fact and believe that others opinions presented to them are statements of reality.

Could we end up back as a kind of loose organization of states with a severely weakened federal government? Initially I don’t really see a way that it could occur due to the interconnectivity of federal and state funding mechanisms. Also I firmly believe that poor states, mainly in the south, would quickly realize that this could only lead to their falling to extreme poverty.

Now, one of the things that kind of held us together was the thought that no matter what state one lives in, they are afforded essentially the same set of rights endowed by the federal constitution and laws. The supremacy clause ensured that states couldn’t circumvent the federal government or constitutional rights. Even though each state could lean left or right, they were bound to some constitutional center. But what if that weren’t the case?

The SC on Friday allowed the Texas legislature’s law (the abortion law SB 8) to remain in place. Forget abortion for a minute and understand what the statutory scheme is. State allows “non-state” actors to bring suit against citizens and businesses that either violate the passed law or abet in the violation of the law, and precludes federal judicial review as part of the statutory scheme. Now. In our hyper-partisan times this is a great way to get around federal law (I’ll get to that in a second). On its face, that means that a state can pass a law that abridges a constitutional right or law and the only remedy remains in that states court or states other guarantees.

Texas has pulled it off with abortion. Confirmed by the Supreme Court. California has began drafting the same law with regards to guns. I imagine we will see various iterations of the same law in various states throughout the nation as legislatures, previously bound by what we all accepted as enumerated and in enumerated rights, decide which rights they don’t like for their states. I suspect some state will go after gay marriage next since that’s an unenumerated right (would make for an interesting legal case).

What’s the overall effect of this statutory scheme? Since we live in hyper-partisan times, this will not be redressed by the federal government through congressional action. They couldn’t pass a law today even if they agreed on the content in order to defend the federal government from a state scheme to neuter the Supreme Court. And the laws that would be affected would never pass through congress. No gun rights bill or abortion rights or gay marriage bill could ever pass.

Well, since an individual or business can be sued for abetting the rights of people that they support, their options are pretty limited. They could try to vote in more people in the state legislature that agree with their view to change the law. But we know that is a slow slow slow process. Or maybe they could sue. But that’s a worse proposition because judges in most states are elected so they won’t be substantially different than the legislators.

People are left with moving to states where their belief system is supported. Migration from states where they infringe on the rights you hold dear to states that support those rights or infringe on rights you don’t care about could be a thing. Is that how we end up with two Americas? People going from state to state because the rights that matter them are supported there. Further creating separate belief systems amongst Americans. Furthering the enemy mentality.

The other factor that will emerge will be economic and business factors. Since businesses can be sued, they have every reason to pick and choose what states they will be operating in. Gun manufacturing will definitely have to leave states like New York and California, and possibly places that sell guns as well, just as an example. Companies that may have expanded to places like Texas in the tech field might see reason to leave to avoid lawsuits based in first amendment rights being effected.

Now I’m not saying this will happen overnight. Maybe never. This case might somehow find itself overturned when the Supreme Court gets a real taste of their position being relegated to nothingness by the states invoking a scheme that precludes the federal courts from declaring “what the law is”.

Here is the SC decision on the Texas law, well part of it at least. The scheme itself was allowed by the Supreme Court and as such, each state will begin to decide what rights they deem appropriate for their citizens and legislate accordingly.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinion...3_new_8o6b.pdf
If we keep fucking around and voting for Liberals this country will have loose States, loose bowels and loose teeth.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 06:16 PM   #27
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Apparently the legislature in Texas can't read or understand. But the crux is that the power was given to other citizens to hunt down violators for a bounty. Relieving itself in an incomprehensible way the framers never thought. Brilliant, but evil. Two America's. I'm on the side of good; the side of the reproduces. Chicken or the egg.

U.S. Constitutional Amendments

https://constitution.findlaw.com/amendments.html

It could be interpreted as a null and void document by a majority Conservative court. Making itself a mere joke of an institution.

That's why I think the court will not overturn Roe versus Wade in a national confirmation of the court's power to check and balance the legislative branch's overreach of the to regulate a woman's liberty.

410 U.S. 113 (1973)
Most people do not want to do away with abortion. What they do want is for the Country to drop the ridiculous pretense that a baby growing in a womb is “part of a woman’s body”

That is the real question that needs to be answered.

Congress could appoint a blue ribbon commission to have experts in mammalian reproduction testify as to just what a “fetus” is. Is it actually a functioning part of a woman’s body, like her organs, or is it a completely separate entity.

Of course, The abortion industry, a multi billion dollar enterprise, would fight this tooth and nail. Keeping women ignorant allows them to say ridiculous crap like…..”it’s just a clump of cells”.

I have always contended that before any abortion is decided on, the Abortionist should be required to show the woman a detailed ultrasound so she could see exactly what is in her womb.

The science is on the side of the unborn baby.
Jackie S is online now   Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 08:15 PM   #28
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

Quote:
Most people do not want to do away with abortion. What they do want is for the Country to drop the ridiculous pretense that a baby growing in a womb is “part of a woman’s body”

That is the real question that needs to be answered.

Congress could appoint a blue ribbon commission to have experts in mammalian reproduction testify as to just what a “fetus” is. Is it actually a functioning part of a woman’s body, like her organs, or is it a completely separate entity.

Of course, The abortion industry, a multi billion dollar enterprise, would fight this tooth and nail. Keeping women ignorant allows them to say ridiculous crap like…..”it’s just a clump of cells”.

I have always contended that before any abortion is decided on, the Abortionist should be required to show the woman a detailed ultrasound so she could see exactly what is in her womb.

The science is on the side of the unborn baby.
Wrong. Science is on the side of the reason the fetus exists in the first place. Calling a fetus a baby is a misnomer. Babies are already born. Just because you want to considered it a baby doesn't make it so. Scientifically.

Showing a woman the ultra sound won't change her mind about the decision to continue living herself. If she wants to continue a high-risk pregnancy and sacrifice herself for the fetus, that is still her choice.

Two Americas.
eccieuser9500 is online now   Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 03:14 AM   #29
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post
... According to the recent pollings - YES!

### Salty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacuzzme View Post
Absolutely. The country is a joke with an incoherent moron purportedly in charge. Give me boorish tweets, $2 gas, fully staffed businesses and no thoughts of war with Russia back. Pretty please with sugar on top.
Market is up over 8k points!...and unemployment is down from when Trump handed over the baton. Well he didn't hand it over, he got kicked it the balls and had it jerked out of his little hands!

Let's go Joe!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 05:24 AM   #30
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Quote:
Showing a woman the ultra sound won't change her mind about the decision to continue living herself. If she wants to continue a high-risk pregnancy and sacrifice herself for the fetus, that is still her choice.
That argument is bullshit. 99.999% of abortion is simply birth control, not to save the mother. Nobody but absolute crazies are pro carrying to term if it’s going to kill the mother, maybe a dozen people in the country take that stance.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women