Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 254
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160705
Yssup Rider60032
gman4452944
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47616
pyramider46370
bambino40340
CryptKicker37092
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35446
Mojojo33117

Old 07-03-2022, 06:11 PM   #16
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
Caesar banned neither when he became dictator of Rome.
That’s the stupidest thing I’ve read in a while. He didn’t ban iPhones either, I believe.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 06:36 PM   #17
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

Friendly Dictators

http://www.chrismclaren.com/blog/200...dly-dictators/

Quote:
I wish there was an updated version covering the last 17 years, but in the meantime I’ve prepared a giant post with the images and text from the pack of cards. (This is an egregious copyright violation, but since these cards have been out of print for more than 15 years, I’m hoping no one will call me on it. If they did, I would–of course–take this down.) This will be a very image-intensive post–as usual, the little pictures are links to the bigger versions.

eccieuser9500 is online now   Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 06:40 PM   #18
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacuzzme View Post
That’s the stupidest thing I’ve read in a while. He didn’t ban iPhones either, I believe.
Nope. He didn’t. So what’s that got to do with what I said.
1blackman1 is online now   Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 06:41 PM   #19
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

The point is Caesar came to power without banning anything physical.

6b. Julius Caesar

https://www.ushistory.org/civ/6b.asp...%20territories.

Quote:
Caesar defeated Pompey's forces and entered Rome in 46 B.C.E., triumphant and unchallenged.

Upon his return, Caesar made himself dictator and absolute ruler of Rome and its territories.

eccieuser9500 is online now   Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 07:37 PM   #20
oilfieldace
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Quote:
What you said was incorrect, he was pointing out your apparent lack of knowledge
oilfieldace is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 08:15 PM   #21
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

And did you understand what I said to you? Do you understand the difference between a dictatorship and totalitianism? You did not address this. But stupid people usually don't.

Quote:
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 08:41 PM   #22
Lucas McCain
Valued Poster

OP, I'm pretty sure we don't have to worry about becoming North Korea or Iraq any time soon so I wouldn't worry about it if that is a legitimate concern of yours. The sky has not fallen. It has just shifted a bit.
Lucas McCain is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 08:46 PM   #23
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
And did you understand what I said to you? Do you understand the difference between a dictatorship and totalitianism? You did not address this. But stupid people usually don't.
I fully understood that you made a statement which was Wrong and I pointed that to you. If you think that under the reign of the various Roman Emperors their was not totalitarianism you’re plenty foolish. Nevertheless they didn’t ban the Bible or guns which was your point. A wrong point.
1blackman1 is online now   Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 08:48 PM   #24
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Quote:

Dictatorship- Form of government in which one person or a small group possesses absolute power without effective constitutional limitation
You just described the attempt on January 6 2021 to create a dictatorship.
VitaMan is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 08:54 PM   #25
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Hi Lucas,

Very good! I'm impressed. Yes, the Kim Dynasty is something I'm pretty sure won't happen here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas McCain View Post
OP, I'm pretty sure we don't have to worry about becoming North Korea or Iraq any time soon so I wouldn't worry about it if that is a legitimate concern of yours. The sky has not fallen. It has just shifted a bit.
Old 07-03-2022, 08:58 PM   #26
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I have no fucking idea what you are trying to say. Try again bud.

Quote:
I fully understood that you made a statement which was Wrong and I pointed that to you. If you think that under the reign of the various Roman Emperors their was not totalitarianism you’re plenty foolish. Nevertheless they didn’t ban the Bible or guns which was your point. A wrong point.
Old 07-03-2022, 09:34 PM   #27
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
When the Ayatollahs seized power, I don't remember them banning religion. In fact, just the opposite.

And, ahem, WTF is totalitianism?

You did not address this.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 11:09 PM   #28
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccieuser9500 View Post
that card trope is very one sided, yeah.. it included ruthless anti-commies. those guys were amateurs when it comes to ruthlessness.

interestingly, the card left out Saddam Hussien (I think it might be he wasn't considered anti-commie enough) and some other ones who were on U.S. side.

it left out some well known "friendly dictators from the commie-side".
Castro
Pol Pot
Nicolae Ceaușescu
Zedong Mao
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 05:13 AM   #29
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Well now . . .the OP is correct for the modern era, say from post WW-I to the present.

In Russia, Stalin consolidated power exactly that way in the 1920s. In the 1930s Hitler did much the same with guns, but managed to co-opt the Catholic Church hierarchy in Germany . . .a bit like what the Russians have done just now. Post-war Eastern Europe was held down by rhe Soviets because there were no guns in the hands of the people and speech was throttled in every way. Uprisings in Hungary (1956) and Czechoslovakia (1968) were quashed in both countries by a foreign occupying power.

Now think of the armed and assisited Ukrainians today. It is almost a fair fight.

Our "founding fathers" presciently had a lot of that in mind when they wrote up the Bill of Rights. The First Amendment deals with freedom to worship, and the Second Amendment deals with weapons. Both of these first two amendments explicitly empower the general public with the rights to assemble, speak, worship and possess weapons. Both amendments forbid the government from limiting these rights with phrsases such as, ". . .Congress shal pass no law . .." and, " . ..snall n ot be infringed . . ."

England, Caneda, Australia and New Zealand do not have these rights spelled out in any fundamental framework of government, let alone Russia China or North Korea . . .or most other nations on earth today.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 05:43 AM   #30
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

We can argue about Jan 6th forever, but several things are clear to me. No one arrested inside the Capitol building on Jan 6th was armed. The only violent death was from a gunshot to the head of an unarmed woman from a capitol police officer. Other deaths that day were from chronic health issues such as heart attacks/strokes and subsequently from mental health issues.

We can argue about whether or not it was a protest or an attack etc, but it was not an "armed insurrection", nor was it bloody or deadly.

Sure, there are plenty of guns out there in Fly-Over land, but they stayed at home. If half of the thousands of folks standing in front of the stage that day had brought weapons of any kind and used them, we would be having a totally different discussion here today.

They didn't and we aren't.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women