Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70426
biomed160651
Yssup Rider59981
gman4452939
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47591
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35415
Mojojo33117

Old 05-05-2010, 09:26 AM   #16
Guest083011
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

I just logged on for the first time since 4/27. Went racing this past weekend. Good dinner Saturday night nice bottle of wine. What was this thread about?
Guest083011 is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:04 PM   #17
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

We had a good crowd in Dallas protesting the Arizona law. LE estimated 25,000, but organizers thought closer to 40,000.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:39 PM   #18
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

What's wrong with the Arizona law?
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:05 AM   #19
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

1. It encourages racial profiling.

2. It's a solution in search of a problem. Nothing wrong in my mind with folks coming to the U.S. to work. I think that labor and capital should move freely across international borders. International borders are (or should be) entirely irrelevant for economic issues.

3. Because it invites invasive police scrutiny that is easily subject to abuse (and is difficult to deter) on less than a "probable cause" basis, it should be unconstitutional under the Fourth Amendment and the Due Process Clause.

Other than that, nothing that I know of.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:42 AM   #20
Tiffany Cums
Account Disabled

User ID: 5290
My ECCIE Reviews

What about protecting what is you and yours?

I am all for immigrants coming here LEGALLY and working hard for a profit...
But for them to sneak in, then 'nest' here taking government money?

Not to mention since they are tax exempt on a lot of things, it has allowed them to outbid Americans in the carpenter trade. This is what I know, I have seen many small companies in OKC go out of business because of this, and caused my brother in law to loose all he had.

And did you know they receive free lunch at school? I was shocked when I was filling out my sons enrollment papers…if you are an immigrant, you get a free lunch regardless of your income….if you’re an American citizen, it is based on income…how is that fair? Why do we not look at their income?

Why are they getting favors from the government over our own people?

IF they are legal, and had the same rights as Americans, then Americans can feel safe and secure in their everyday life. IF they are not legal....well...where's my shot gun?
Tiffany Cums is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:02 AM   #21
am-a-pleaser
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 24

This morning I was helping Tiff find something. Then we got distracted and ended up BCD. omg it was wonderful. Wait. Nevermind. I was having a dream.
am-a-pleaser is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:29 AM   #22
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Nothing wrong in my mind with folks coming to the U.S. to work. I think that labor and capital should move freely across international borders. International borders are (or should be) entirely irrelevant for economic issues.
Agreed. Implement a substantial guest worker (temporary) and 12b visa program and much of the problem goes away. Coming here to work is not the same as granting citizenship.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:44 AM   #23
John Bull
Valued Poster

Rather typical of the left. They riot whenever a governmental entity enforces a law they don't like or passes a law they don't like. They throw bottles, curse police, call any who believe in the law bigots and Nazi's and then turn around and accuse peaceful protesters of doing the things they wrote the book on.
John Bull is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:25 AM   #24
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

Liberalism (leftists) are a religion.
Conservatives will put their boot on the neck of the working man and woman.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:37 AM   #25
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Tiffany--I'd have to disagree with you on most of this. For most of the arguments, see Sydneyb's dissertation, as follows (see also my comments, in blue in your post):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany Cums View Post

Ever since President Clinton signed the bill amending the then-federal law, immigrants cannot get government money. At least not directly. Most are entitled to emergency, life-saving efforts (for instance, immigrants in Nashville will be entitled to gov't help escaping death of the flooding). This also carries over to hospitals. They may "nest" as you say, but they don't get regular gov't pmts.

Not to mention since they are tax exempt on a lot of things, it has allowed them to outbid Americans in the carpenter trade. This is what I know, I have seen many small companies in OKC go out of business because of this, and caused my brother in law to loose all he had.

How are they tax exempt??? When they purchase things in the store, they pay the same sales tax you do. The only way they can be exempt (say in the carpentry trade) is for the same reasons other carpenters would be tax exempt. They can purchase as a wholesaler, but pass the tax on to the end-user (whoever has hired the carpenter). Or they can be non-profit. And they can bid lower b/c they are willing to take a lesser profit, also known as the free-enterprise system.

And did you know they receive free lunch at school? I was shocked when I was filling out my sons enrollment papers…if you are an immigrant, you get a free lunch regardless of your income….if you’re an American citizen, it is based on income…how is that fair? Why do we not look at their income?

I agree with you here, for the most part. However, in my child's school, all students receive a free lunch no matter their income, due largely to the fact that the school system is in one of the nation's poorest counties.

Why are they getting favors from the government over our own people?

IF they are legal, and had the same rights as Americans, then Americans can feel safe and secure in their everyday life. IF they are not legal....well...where's my shot gun?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyb View Post
[Blue are Sydneyb's comments, I think] From an article in Reason.org:

A stunning two-thirds of illegal immigrants pay Medicare, Social Security and personal income taxes.

And since the 1996 welfare reform bill, illegals do not have access to the programs they contribute to.

What's more, aliens who are not self-employed have Social Security and Medicare taxes automatically withheld from their paychecks. Since undocumented workers have only fake numbers, they'll never be able to collect the benefits these taxes are meant to pay for. Last year, the revenues from these fake numbers — that the Social Security administration stashes in the "earnings suspense file" — added up to 10 percent of the Social Security surplus. The file is growing, on average, by more than $50 billion a year.

From personalliberty.com:

$11 billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments.

I believe this is old retoric since welfare reform has been enacted and enforced; therefore my assumption is that we would back out this number.

Illegal households only pay about one-third the amount of federal taxes that non-illegal households pay.
Illegal households create a net fiscal deficit at the federal level of more than $10 billion a year. If given amnesty, this number could grow to more than $29 billion.
$1.9 billion dollars a year is spent on food-assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC and free school lunches for illegal aliens.
$1.6 billion is spent on the federal prison and court system for illegal aliens.
$2.5 billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.

Looking at what they contribute vs what they take out, it looks like they more than pay for themselves!? One area that is not quantified is the cost of supporting those in federal prison. I never understood why we didn't just deport all those convicted of felonies? That is one area I am in full support of is deporting those that are committing crimes....why don't we do that?
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:52 AM   #26
Laurentius
Valued Poster

Default On immigration, our government should be honest

I'm a right winger. Personally, I think that when we lost 5 million jobs last year; our government shouldn't have granted 1.1 million legal greencards; much less admitted illegals by the millions through neglect. I think illegals should be deported and our borders should be defended vigorously. And I think we should do something to get at the root of the problems of the humanitarian disasters befalling those whose lives are so miserable in their homelands that they will give up and risk everything to come here. There are 6+ billion people on the planet. When do we say NO? Would it be enough to let them ALL in? It is a superior solution to improve their lives where they are.

But, that having been said; if they are going to not enforce immigration laws AT ALL ANYWAY -- and will neglect them so thoroughly that we have TENS OF MILLIONS of illegals .... they should just repeal the law altogether.

Make everyone who sets foot in this country an automatic voting legal citizen.

The problem with what they are doing now is it creates an entire underclass to be exploited; and whose exploitation comes at the cost of lost opportunities for people who already desperately need opportunity. We have Americans stuck on welfare while importing illegals to perform work at sub-minimum and sub-market rate; artificially depressing wages for working families who are already here.

If they are hell-bent on not enforcing the laws; then they should be repealed and just make the whole danged world an automatic full citizen the second their toe hits American soil.

At least THAT way they will be afforded equal protection under the law and their odds of being treated unfairly are reduced.
Laurentius is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:54 AM   #27
am-a-pleaser
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 24

Charles, very good points. Only problem I see in the money logic - the Fed's get the income,---- and the expense is at the local level. Maybe some locales pay more than others.

This makes me think too much. I'm going back to bed. Tiff, bring some fudge.
am-a-pleaser is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:59 AM   #28
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

I assume your last paragraph is stated facetiously. Especially since you self ID as a right winger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentius View Post
I'm a right winger. Personally, I think that when we lost 5 million jobs last year; our government shouldn't have granted 1.1 million legal greencards; much less admitted illegals by the millions through neglect. I think illegals should be deported and our borders should be defended vigorously. And I think we should do something to get at the root of the problems of the humanitarian disasters befalling those whose lives are so miserable in their homelands that they will give up and risk everything to come here. There are 6+ billion people on the planet. When do we say NO? Would it be enough to let them ALL in? It is a superior solution to improve their lives where they are.

But, that having been said; if they are going to not enforce immigration laws AT ALL ANYWAY -- and will neglect them so thoroughly that we have TENS OF MILLIONS of illegals .... they should just repeal the law altogether.

The common figures floating around are, I think, 10-12 million. I think TENS OF MILLIONS is an overstatement.

Make everyone who sets foot in this country an automatic voting legal citizen.

The problem with what they are doing now is it creates an entire underclass to be exploited; and whose exploitation comes at the cost of lost opportunities for people who already desperately need opportunity. We have Americans stuck on welfare while importing illegals to perform work at sub-minimum and sub-market rate; artificially depressing wages for working families who are already here.

If they are hell-bent on not enforcing the laws; then they should be repealed and just make the whole danged world an automatic full citizen the second their toe hits American soil.

At least THAT way they will be afforded equal protection under the law and their odds of being treated unfairly are reduced.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:01 AM   #29
Tiffany Cums
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

My New Responses are Purple, Yay!

Ever since President Clinton signed the bill amending the then-federal law, immigrants cannot get government money. At least not directly. Most are entitled to emergency, life-saving efforts (for instance, immigrants in Nashville will be entitled to gov't help escaping death of the flooding). This also carries over to hospitals. They may "nest" as you say, but they don't get regular gov't pmts.

I wasn't referring to welfare checks...there is also TANF and medical expense...think them mommas are having their babys free?? Andf the free schooling, lunches, ect...

How are they tax exempt??? When they purchase things in the store, they pay the same sales tax you do. The only way they can be exempt (say in the carpentry trade) is for the same reasons other carpenters would be tax exempt. They can purchase as a wholesaler, but pass the tax on to the end-user (whoever has hired the carpenter). Or they can be non-profit. And they can bid lower b/c they are willing to take a lesser profit, also known as the free-enterprise system.

In the particular situation I was referring to, they are self contracted...they are in charge of their own taxes, and they are also not listed on any legal paperwork regaurding the job...hence illegals work and they place their bid lower since they don't pay the same taxes on their income.

I agree with you here, for the most part. However, in my child's school, all students receive a free lunch no matter their income, due largely to the fact that the school system is in one of the nation's poorest counties.

Thank you!
Old 05-06-2010, 09:03 AM   #30
Tiffany Cums
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by am-a-pleaser View Post
This morning I was helping Tiff find something. Then we got distracted and ended up BCD. omg it was wonderful. Wait. Nevermind. I was having a dream.
Or was it??

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women