Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 254
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160705
Yssup Rider60032
gman4452944
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47616
pyramider46370
bambino40341
CryptKicker37092
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35446
Mojojo33117

Old 03-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #16
CJ7
Valued Poster

they were told to save every gallon of gas too ... seriously? sitting on top of one of the largest oil reserves in the world

oh the irony of a prolonged street fight

maybe this is the military's way of saying BRING OUR ASSES HOME!!

and well they should..
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:33 AM   #17
daty/o
Valued Poster

Encounters: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
And I don't think that's the point. Never knew an "ex-Marine" though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotyour6 View Post
Former or Ex?

Hmmmmm, Never in my life have I heard a Marine say that. EVER
Ex as in ex-active-duty. Of course you knew that. You must be non-military; a fellow Marine would never have been so petty. And LL, I never thought that was the point.
daty/o is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:35 AM   #18
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by daty/o View Post
Of course you knew that. .... And LL, I never thought that was the point.
Know I didn't.

And I was making no slur against any servicemember, past or present, but all of our military has "waste" and the issue is neither nickles and dimes nor the grunts, that or who is wasteful.

For me, personally, I am disgusted that the current administration has "prioritized" the First Lady's birthday party over ammunition and fuel for our military. That's the point!

As an aside, doing a little mind reading of my own, I suspect that General Amos is not really concerned about a round or gallon here or there, but is satisfying his obligation in the chain of command to present a face of austerity to "his boss" .... in his "official" capacity. I futher suspect that what he says "under his breath" is more pungent and to the point, but he's a good soldier.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:17 AM   #19
timpage
Account Disabled

Insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Maybe this is a the plan of Obama to disarm us further. We gun owners will get pissed off and set up a collection. We will donate our own ammunition to protect marines and further deplete our own stocks. Yes, smells like an Obama plan.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #20
timpage
Account Disabled

The Marines are always short-changed when compared to other branches of the service. Poke round and look at the numbers.....the 2010 DOD budget contained a US Army outlay of almost $250 billion, the USAF around $175 billion, the Navy (minus the USMC budget) $150 billion. The Corps got around $30 billion. I realize there are a lot of different reasons for that given the varying missions of the respective services. Still.....

Which tells you a couple of things: 1) The USMC is the best bang for the buck out of all the services; and 2) it's no surprise that command is telling Marines to conserve.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #21
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

It could have something to do with the fact that there are 3 times more army men than Marines or that a lot of Marines get around on Navy ships (so they don't need a lot of C-17s, C-5As, or C-130s). Could be that Marines are more professional and don't need someone to hold their hands like the army. Of course all of this is irrelevant to the topic. Are the Marines short of ammunition? Why? and who made that decision?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #22
timpage
Account Disabled

Actually, dumbass...I suspect it has more to do with the fact that the Army purchases, uses and is required to maintain a lot more tanks, helicopters and other types of vehicles and equipment that the Marines have lesser numbers of or do not utilize.

Now....the term "Army men"......where did you come up with that? I swear to god, if you served, it was with the fucking boy scouts. Your use of inappropriate and utterly inapplicable terms when it comes to military matters is baffling in light of your claimed service. Army men? Really? "Army men" were plastic, 2 inches tall and something I got for my birthday when I was 10.

As for relevance. Sorry, but less money means less money to buy ammo. I guess a lack of funds to buy ammo is relevant to the inquiry. Now. After you throw up your obligatory "Blame Obama for this" post, please head back to your corner of the classroom.... and don't forget to slip on your duncecap....

Quote:
It could have something to do with the fact that there are 3 times more army men than Marines or that a lot of Marines get around on Navy ships (so they don't need a lot of C-17s, C-5As, or C-130s). Could be that Marines are more professional and don't need someone to hold their hands like the army. Of course all of this is irrelevant to the topic. Are the Marines short of ammunition? Why? and who made that decision?
Old 03-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #23
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Maybe this is a the plan of Obama to disarm us further. We gun owners will get pissed off and set up a collection. We will donate our own ammunition to protect marines and further deplete our own stocks. Yes, smells like an Obama plan.
Maybe this is a government plan!
Maybe jd has fired a gun before!
Maybe jd is a teacher!

Nahhhhhh.

We should start a pool.

When, if ever, will jd get it right?

No one is cutting the ammo supply. They were told to make each shot count. Just an example of preaching to the choir.

Plus our troops are not as stupid as jd. Worst case is both sides would be shooting AKs

Our troops left without ammo?

Only in your private dream world, jd, only in the one place where you have any significance at all.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #24
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
Now....the term "Army men"..........
Does this mean that the "Army women" can't be sent to the "front" because there is not enough ammo for them too?

Now that is a treacherous and sly way of keeping them out of combat ..... reduce the supply to only enough for the "men"!!!! Absolutely brilliant!!!!!
LexusLover is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women