Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70443
biomed160786
Yssup Rider60144
gman4452955
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47649
pyramider46370
bambino40371
CryptKicker37100
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35507
Mojojo33117

Old 04-22-2013, 05:37 AM   #16
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post

Your stupidity knows no bounds a pimple on the ass of Kansas.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #17
bojulay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Wow, StupidOldLyingFart's stated belief that the "saddest part of the Boston tragedy" was not the senseless bombing that resulted in a terrible loss of life and limb. Instead he believes that the "saddest part" would be that a "fan favorite" of the Red Sox thought enough of the local residents to give of his time by flying in from California, in order to share with a stadium packed full of people a few words of comfort, through a song.

All I can say is, simply amazing! Unfortunately for us all, there are idiots like him among us!
Yeah, but you conveniently left out the fact that the second song
he sang was ( Forever In Bluejeans.) Have you ever heard that song?
bojulay is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:56 PM   #18
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Actually, I think that the OP has a good point. And it's worrisome (not him or his post but what he was writing about!).

When I was watching the news last week, it was almost like watching an old West movie. The posse was in town to get the bad guy and the people were waiting for a hangin'.

I "get" that this was a bad kid and needed to be found but every house being searched (I understand why) and people crying out for MORE public filming made me think of Big Brother and that book that I read decades ago ... I think it was either "Brave New World" or "1984", cannot remember which one.

We are slowly, or rather quickly, giving up our civil rights and I believe that was the main point of this topic.

Also, I found it compelling in a not so positive way, that people were clapping that the teenager was caught. Seemed rather mean spirited. (And I do know that I'll be attacked for that last sentence)

In other words, like my grandma used to say, "Two wrongs don't make a right".

IS this teenager obviously fucked up in some way? Maybe. But perhaps the parents are correct and they were set up. I doubt it. But EVERYONE is so willing to point fingers and much of the evidence hasn't been presented.

Guess what I would like to see ... is more compassion in these times. And compassion from those who don't know crap about what is going on but depend on the news to actually figure out facts.

When speaking of compassion, I mean that as being an overall mindset. It's easy to show compassion when an obvious wrong as happened. It's so difficult for others to show compassion when an unspeakable act is committed.

What caused these two brothers to do such a thing? Do I support terrorists? Of course not. But here in the states, we still have that hang 'em high mentality and that's bothersome.

Combined with the "take care of us" mentality of some, it just isn't going to work in the long run.

I already feel that my privacy is being invaded daily. This event was just one more screw in the proverbial coffin of basic freedoms that we value.
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #19
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

I think the big fear that the Police and other people in authority had was this teenager was just the tip of the iceburg, and there were perhaps multitudes of bombs placed all over the City by other operatives.

Afterall, look how easilly, even with all of our sophisticated security, those two were able to stroll right up to the finish line of the Marathon and place their bombs, then just walk away.

In the movie "The Godfather", Michael Corleon is heard saying that if history has taught us anything, it is you can kill anybody if you are willing.

I guess the same can be said for carrying out acts of terror. You just have to be willing.

By the way. One interesting note that has surfaced is the older brother was not shot fatally by police, but was actually run over by his younger brother in the Mercedes in his attempt to get away. I wonder if they can charge the younger brother with the muder of his older brother?
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #20
CJ7
Valued Poster

having cameras on every street corner hasn't had a direct effect on my freedom in the least, nor will it ever .. without these eyes in the sky, chances are the two brothers would still be at large having compassion on other innocent bystanders ... I suppose every tom, dick, and harry running all over the country and the world with cell phones capable of taking pictures of whoever they want, whenever they want takes away freedom too, but theres no concern there because people that complain about a camera on a building own and use one of those phones
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #21
Old Dingus
Valued Poster

CuteOld Guy, I really hope you will let this drop without further comment.

Elizabeth, I do not understand you at all.

Old Dingus
Old Dingus is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #22
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

What I find to be really sad is the vast Law Enforcement presence that day. Besides the Boston Police there was FBI and members of DHS as well. There was even noted in photos of Bomb sniffing Dogs and their handlers from DHS and agents on roof tops. Even an announcement saying their was a drill taking place and not to be concerned. Still this tragic event takes place. There is only three questions that I have now in terms of the security measures, A-They Did It, B- They Let It Happen, C- They Tried To Stop It,But Their Efforts Failed. Proving They Are Unable To Protect The Citizens Of This Country. I am convinced these are the only possibilities. There is nothing else.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #23
CJ7
Valued Poster

IMO unless theres a cop for every single person in the crowd, watching that person like a hawk watching a rat, anything can happen
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #24
gary5912
Account Disabled

Encounters: 14

never mind
gary5912 is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #25
acp5762
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
IMO unless theres a cop for every single person in the crowd, watching that person like a hawk watching a rat, anything can happen
You don't need a Cop on every square foot of pavement to protect people. Lets face it bad things do happen. Boston P.D is one of the best in the country and they did their job and did it well. But when their is Federal Agents conducting a Training Drill specifically for any terrorist activity. I would say they are in the mode to thwart any and everything that may seem suspicious. That's why I brought up those three questions. If it's number 3, then DHS and the FBI need to go back to the drawing board.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #26
CJ7
Valued Poster

the feds suck ... I get the meaning of your constant bitch
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #27
acp5762
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
the feds suck ... I get the meaning of your constant bitch
I am not bitching. I am just bringing up a few legitimate questions.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #28
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp5762 View Post
I am not bitching. I am just bringing up a few legitimate questions.

how many times have you brought up this same training drill question, along with the other ligit questions ..

there is no liigit answer to any of them
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #29
JCM800
Ambassador

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
And who was hurt by this? You guessed it. The working class. If you receive an hourly rate, or tips, or own a small business, guess what? You lost a day of productivity. Didn't get those hours in, or get those tips, or make those sales, because your government was PROTECTING YOU!

i'm sure some people were more than happy to have a day off work amidst all the chaos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers View Post
IS this teenager obviously fucked up in some way? Maybe. But perhaps the parents are correct and they were set up. I doubt it. But EVERYONE is so willing to point fingers and much of the evidence hasn't been presented.

i think to shoot out with the cops, the car-jacking, the 7-11 holdup would lead the cops to believe they might be on to the right suspects.
JCM800 is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #30
Old Dingus
Valued Poster

There should be no question that the American public can be much better protected. The question is how much is the public willing to give for the protection.

If L.E. blocked off the public areas with entry only for those who had passed airport level security, and nothing carried in, this could not have happened.

New York does much more for Time Square at New Year's Eve. The protection includes moving mailboxes, welding man holes, etc.

All of this not only has an expense in dollars, but also in time. It is another cost of freedom.

I will never understand how some can suggest this was a set-up or frame job.

Old Dingus
Old Dingus is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women