Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70443
biomed160786
Yssup Rider60153
gman4452955
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47651
pyramider46370
bambino40371
CryptKicker37102
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35507
Mojojo33117

Old 04-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #16
sfb
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

I appreciate the advice CJ7, and I know you are right, but I'm too stubborn to stop providing facts in response to opinions posted as facts... so here's another one for Whirlaway.

The article you linked to was written 3 months ago by the President of a very conservatively biased think tank that operates under the public goal of:

"The Pacific Research Institute for Public Policy promotes the principles of individual freedom and personal responsibility. The Institute believes these principles are best encouraged through policies that emphasize a free economy, private initiative, and limited government."

Now that in and of itself doesn't mean anything more than it is an opinion article written by a conservative person. However if you read the article I posted a link to it specifically talks about this stance and provides arguments against them. They are both Op/Ed pieces so neither of us can claim a nonpartisan or bipartisan angle.

However the article I posted refers to the Urban Institute study which is pretty darn close to a non-biased organization if not there already. And of course it helped that it was a peer reviewed study, I hear those reviews are generally a good thing to utilize, though apparently some people don't
sfb is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:31 PM   #17
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfb View Post
I appreciate the advice CJ7, and I know you are right, but I'm too stubborn to stop providing facts in response to opinions posted as facts... so here's another one for Whirlaway.

The article you linked to was written 3 months ago by the President of a very conservatively biased think tank that operates under the public goal of:

"The Pacific Research Institute for Public Policy promotes the principles of individual freedom and personal responsibility. The Institute believes these principles are best encouraged through policies that emphasize a free economy, private initiative, and limited government."

Now that in and of itself doesn't mean anything more than it is an opinion article written by a conservative person. However if you read the article I posted a link to it specifically talks about this stance and provides arguments against them. They are both Op/Ed pieces so neither of us can claim a nonpartisan or bipartisan angle.

However the article I posted refers to the Urban Institute study which is pretty darn close to a non-biased organization if not there already. And of course it helped that it was a peer reviewed study, I hear those reviews are generally a good thing to utilize, though apparently some people don't

did I mention whirlie et al have the propensity to vanish like a rat down a drain pipe when logic is applied to facts . ??

carry on
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #18
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

The law mandates everyone has to have coverage...how is that NOT applying to everyone ?

In addition, Obamacare will mandate minimum policy coverage (like free birth control); again, has is that NOT applying to everyone ?

Fucking Obama moron. Your ignorance is a waste of time.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #19
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Your article was written by Rick Ungar; who self describes himself as "writing from the left"...........and as pointed out in the ULI study; those who have never paid for insurance and/or those who will receive substantial premium subsidies (paid for by taxpayers) of course will not experience "rate shock"...........but the rest of us will.

How you think we can bring 20 to 30 million new consumers into the process; and not increase doctors/clinics/pharmacutical production/medical device production/ etc., and NOT have a rate increase is beyond belief.

But I will chalk your postion up to Obama's who told us that his plan will bend the cost curve downward......

Enough said.....
Old 04-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #20
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
The law mandates everyone has to have coverage...how is that NOT applying to everyone ?

In addition, Obamacare will mandate minimum policy coverage (like free birth control); again, has is that NOT applying to everyone ?

Fucking Obama moron.

what part of having an affect and applying to, don't you understand .. until you figure out the big words, Im done here.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #21
LovingKayla
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 50897
My ECCIE Reviews

Even the minority leader says its a train wreck. And btw, yes, you are affected. All of you. Our insurance with met life and the other one I can't think of the name have already started. It'll get worse the closer to next year we get. This really isn't worth arguing on eccie. It'll play out all by itself. I'm ok with anyone that choose to believe they won't e affected. Who cares? You'll find out soon enough.
LovingKayla is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #22
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

What a fucking moronic response..................
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
what part of having an affect and applying to, don't you understand .. until you figure out the big words, Im done here.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #23
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

What dipshits.

And no, i'm not talking about the members of Congress.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...al-punishment/
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #24
bojulay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Does Obamacare include some kind of regulation on insurance premiums
and deductibles?

The insurance companies are going to use every loophole they
can find and every means available to make back the money they will lose.

On that you can rely.
bojulay is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #25
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
What a fucking moronic response..................
since the article has been proven to be rightwing bs, you defending it says it all
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #26
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojulay View Post
Does Obamacare include some kind of regulation on insurance premiums
and deductibles?

The insurance companies are going to use every loophole they
can find and every means available to make back the money they will lose.

On that you can rely.
yup, like I told whirlie, when the law goes into full action, insurance companies cant gouge old people for being old .. at present old shits pay whatever the ins company wants to charge them, pretty soon an ins co will only be able to charge an old fart 2x's the amount they charge a 21 year old, regardless of their health condition.

that's pretty fucked up isn't it ?
eos
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #27
satexasguy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

CJ, I take it you didn't bother reading the article. So let me give you the important part - an amendment was added to the bill in 2009 that requires all congressmen and STAFF to enroll in Obamacare Exchanges instead of using their current health care plan. Now staffers are having a fit over that requirement and want that amendment removed. What part of that is BS?

As for staffers being able to afford their own healthcare insurance - not true. In case you are unaware of this, congressmen have staff located in various cities within their districts. These staffers are not paid all that much. I know, I support a few congressional offices.

My point is that if the proponents of Obamacare think it is good enough for the average American, then it should be good enough for congress and their staff. But of course, you and your fellow liberal terds think that what is good for the average American is not good enough for your appointed dipshit semi-god politicians.
satexasguy is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:17 PM   #28
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by satexasguy View Post
CJ, I take it you didn't bother reading the article. So let me give you the important part - an amendment was added to the bill in 2009 that requires all congressmen and STAFF to enroll in Obamacare Exchanges instead of using their current health care plan. Now staffers are having a fit over that requirement and want that amendment removed. What part of that is BS?

As for staffers being able to afford their own healthcare insurance - not true. In case you are unaware of this, congressmen have staff located in various cities within their districts. These staffers are not paid all that much. I know, I support a few congressional offices.

My point is that if the proponents of Obamacare think it is good enough for the average American, then it should be good enough for congress and their staff. But of course, you and your fellow liberal terds think that what is good for the average American is not good enough for your appointed dipshit semi-god politicians.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...rom-obamacare/

But no one is discussing “exempting” congressional staffers from Obamacare. They’re discussing creating some method through which the federal government can keep making its current contribution to the health insurance of congressional staffers.
“Even if OPM rules against us,” one staffer said, “it’s inaccurate to imply that any talks are aimed at exempting federal employees from routine mandates of ACA since any talks are about resolving the unique bind that the Grassley amendment puts federal employees in.”
This isn’t, in other words, an effort to flee Obamacare. It’s an effort to fix a drafting error that prevents the federal government from paying into insurance exchanges on behalf of congressional staffers who got caught up in a political controversy

ergo, the article you posted IS PURE BS, and I might suggest the congressional offices you support fill you in on the truth.

just sayin n such
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:51 PM   #29
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
look shitstain, if you have an existing policy you don't have to buy a policy or pay a penalty for already having ins ..

how stupid did you say you were?
CJ7 is right, if get health insurance where you work, you won't need Obamacare. Obamacare is only for the people who can't get insurance where they work. The staffers will have to get their health insurance from the government exchanges starting 1/1/14. Members of Congress will be on their own plan.
flghtr65 is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:14 PM   #30
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...rom-obamacare/

But no one is discussing “exempting” congressional staffers from Obamacare. They’re discussing creating some method through which the federal government can keep making its current contribution to the health insurance of congressional staffers.
“Even if OPM rules against us,” one staffer said, “it’s inaccurate to imply that any talks are aimed at exempting federal employees from routine mandates of ACA since any talks are about resolving the unique bind that the Grassley amendment puts federal employees in.”
This isn’t, in other words, an effort to flee Obamacare. It’s an effort to fix a drafting error that prevents the federal government from paying into insurance exchanges on behalf of congressional staffers who got caught up in a political controversy

ergo, the article you posted IS PURE BS, and I might suggest the congressional offices you support fill you in on the truth.

just sayin n such
From what I understand, even the so called "opt outs" are temporary, Sooner or later, everybody will be in the program, one way or another.
Jackie S is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women