Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70438
biomed160743
Yssup Rider60095
gman4452947
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47639
pyramider46370
bambino40352
CryptKicker37097
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35474
Mojojo33117

Old 12-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #16
KiaraKutie
Account Disabled

User ID: 221861
My ECCIE Reviews

If all you need is a laptop for internet use then the Chromebook is the best buy.
KiaraKutie is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 06:40 AM   #17
Enchanterlingum
Valued Poster

I can vouch for Microcenter as well. I've bought no less than 5 desktops/laptops there. Best computer place in KC that I know of.
Enchanterlingum is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #18
old-tyme-racer
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

I have NEVER got anything bad at Microcenter, 3 computers laptops, various other computer related things, great service and suggestions.
old-tyme-racer is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 01:27 PM   #19
billtunes
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

AVG is pretty much of a virus itself, in my experience. Before you go nuts, do a system restore to a previous working date and time and see what it does, Then boot up in safe mode a couple of times. Oh, and disable the AVG.

Sounds like Greek (not that kind), but it is easy. Might take an hour or so but usually less. The put free Avast antivirus on there.

Good luck and Merry Christmas.
billtunes is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #20
Cumslinger
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Two weeks ago I got a great deal on an HP 2000 Windows 8 laptop with an i3 processor, Intel 4k graphics, 4gb ram and 750gb hard drive for $339 at Microcenter. Not much need to spend any more than that I would think.
Cumslinger is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #21
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Default Get a Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcdstudios View Post
Get yourself a MacBook / MacBook Air they are approx 13" and run about $1000 new but will last you a good 5-7 years. You can find some great deals on used MacBooks on CL for $400-800. I've converted many friends and family members over the years. If you do get one let me know and I can hook you up with some software: Microsoft word, Photoshop, etc
When someone gets a Mac, you don't need microsoft products: word, photoshop, etc are expensive and not worth the money.

I work contains several programs including pages, which is far better than word without all of the crash problems. Who cars what you write in when you send it out by PDF?

In addition, word is tied to the operating system in windows; so, any time you get hacked, virus, etc. your documents are accessible.

It is almost impossible, but not 100% especially if you run a newer system with an intel chip, for a virus to attack a Mac because it is not as open as windows.

The tight control that Apple has over it's operating system means you pay more for a Mac, always have. So what, you pay for what you get. Apple has always charged more while being able to sell everything they can make.

Talk to the guys at Microcenter Apple Department, at the back of the store.

JR
JRLawrence is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #22
royamcr
Valued Poster

Refurbished computers are rarely "used" for a long period of time, they usually are just returns or unsold base computers from manufacturers. They sell it off cheap in large quantities. Sometimes the system might have had a small defect that was fixed. I haven't had problems with the refurb computers from Microcenter. They aren't the fastest laptops in the world but they work well. The current one they have there is Windows 7 based which would be good to start with.

The refurb computers also are wiped clean with a fresh windows install.
royamcr is online now   Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:14 PM   #23
LeilaniBebe
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 22302
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by royamcr View Post
Refurbished computers are rarely "used" for a long period of time, they usually are just returns or unsold base computers from manufacturers. They sell it off cheap in large quantities. Sometimes the system might have had a small defect that was fixed. I haven't had problems with the refurb computers from Microcenter. They aren't the fastest laptops in the world but they work well. The current one they have there is Windows 7 based which would be good to start with.

The refurb computers also are wiped clean with a fresh windows install.
^^^ That's what I was gonna say!
LeilaniBebe is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #24
bcdstudios
Lifetime Premium Access

If you want a Mac - consider these places to shop:

Refurb Macs directly from Apple: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac

http://www.Macmall.com (brand new Macs)

Used and refurb Macs - GREAT end of year deals too!! (before 12-31-13)
http://www.macs4u.com
http://www.macofalltrades.com

If you don't need Microsoft Word, photoshop - (I mentioned those because you had a windows computer and I see you manipulate your Showcase images so I assumed you had Photoshop) I also have iWork, and all the Mac software you would need, just call me you can swing by studio and I can install it for you

Once you go Mac, you don't go back!!
bcdstudios is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:31 PM   #25
CaptainKaos
Hustla Extraodinaire

Encounters: 25

If you're a girl on the go and just need internet access and some basic apps, get an iPad or other tablet.
CaptainKaos is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:18 AM   #26
DestinyInKC
Account Disabled

User ID: 141470
My ECCIE Reviews

my 3 main things are:i need a keyboard because I type A LOT
i need a cd drive
and i need easy internet access.

i looked at those chrome books and they seemed cool but i think its saying they do not have a cd drive??
Looking for something NEW 100% for less than $400
DestinyInKC is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:52 AM   #27
ender1138
Account Disabled

If you are familiar with Windows, it might be easiest to stick with that as the Chromebook used a linux based OS from what I understand (and, unless you are up for a bit of a learning curve, Windows 7 is preferable to Windows 8/8.1). Sometimes state surplus places have good quality equipment and it is not hard to find a free copy of an OS to put on those (PM me for any questions about that). Chromebooks and ultrabooks tend to eschew optical (CD) drives in favor of flash drives.

Dell's tend to be of solid construction. HP's tend to be cheaply made. Lenova's are fine.

Here is a Dell with an optical drive for just under $400
ender1138 is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:04 AM   #28
royamcr
Valued Poster

Microcenter just shows a couple Windows 7 laptops left, but I think Microsoft Windows 8 license allows you to roll back to Windows 7. Windows 8 is much better on a touch screen laptop, but those are out of the price range usually.

I have never had a Lenovo laptop but everytime I look at them they look solid.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/4...Black_Textured

17" laptops are nice if you don't mind carrying around a little extra weight.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:07 AM   #29
royamcr
Valued Poster

Dell with good specs and in stock.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/4...extured_Finish
Old 12-27-2013, 05:09 AM   #30
royamcr
Valued Poster

15" lenovo, out of stock for now, but keep checking since they might restock if this model is still made.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/4...Black_Textured

They have one "open box" it looks like.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women