Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70472
biomed161009
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453033
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47759
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #301
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojulay View Post
I am certain it has an age. So you refuse to answer the question, in other words.

Let me one up you by asking a better question. And now you change the subject.

Where did the first organism come from? The one that started it all.
First, that was NOT a better question.

Second, I don't know. Scientists are still working on that. The answer will probably never be known for sure because it died 500 million years ago and it turned to dust. But the fact that the answer is unknown does NOT mean that creation myths in some ancient book are true.

Did it come from Dawkins space man or was it spontaneously generated right here on the earth?
Spontaneous generation, if I have to guess.

Come on now, which would be the more scientific answer, sense we so worship science. Stop putting words in my mouth. I do not worship science. I trust in it as a tool for learning.
Now back to you. How old is the earth?
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #302
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
Bottomline you have your belief and I have mine, but if you think you are so correct you may want to write a book or something- last time I checked there are about 2.1 billion christians on earth-roughly 1/3 of the population- then add in 1.6 billion muslims who believe in the same creation story- so with muslims and christians alone- that 3.7 billion- well over half who believe in the version I believe in- then combine that with other religions who believe in some sort of God/Gods and you perhaps have about 3/4 of the world(I would say about 90% or Greater) who would call what you saying as BULLSHIT- I like my odds.
Many of the Christians (I don't know if it's "most", but I suspect it is) believe that the bible is NOT to be taken literally when it comes to many of the unimportant details. How many loaves and how many fish? Depends upon the translation and the evangelist, but to most the exact number is not the critical point. If it was 5 fish does that make it a Miracle 1st Class, but if Jesus started with 7 fish would it only be a Miracle 2nd Class? No, that is losing the message for the minutia.

Most Christians I know (including priests & ministers)--and a significant number of Muslim scolars--believe in evolution, and see it as the tool god decided to use. And the geneses story as the oral tradition telling the believers the important parts: WHO was responsible, and why.

No, I don't think 3/4 the human race would agree with you. (Even if they did, 1000 years ago a larger fraction of the humans believed the sun moved and the earth stayed still. Did that make them right?
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #303
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
How do you know this...can you prove it? I readily admit that I can not prove there is no GOD. I also admit I can not prove there is no Santa Clause.

Just because there are asshole terrorist does not prove there is a God.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?
I thought you would infer from the concept of free will that God lets evil men do things, he doesn't take delight when men's schemes produce disasters but not allowing the consequences of poor decisions would render choice meaningless.
Prove where life came from and duplicate it in the lab, otherwise the existence of God has more merit than not.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:05 PM   #304
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
Bottomline you have your belief and I have mine, but if you think you are so correct you may want to write a book or something- last time I checked there are about 2.1 billion christians on earth-roughly 1/3 of the population- then add in 1.6 billion muslims who believe in the same creation story- so with muslims and christians alone- that 3.7 billion- well over half who believe in the version I believe in- then combine that with other religions who believe in some sort of God/Gods and you perhaps have about 3/4 of the world(I would say about 90% or Greater) who would call what you saying as BULLSHIT- I like my odds.
The error you are committing here is the logical fallacy known as "arguing from numbers".

If most people think it is true, then it must be.

That obviously is a load of crap, as Old-T pointed out in his post above.

The majority has been wrong in history TOO many times to count.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:09 PM   #305
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
you didn't debunk shit- if you think you debunked it- shouldn't you be a multi-millionaire and shouldn't you be famous? If you debunked it- shouldn't you have hundreds and thousand of people following your viewpoint. did you get pm's saying oh Ex-Nyer you are right I am going to stop believing in God and believe what you say because Ex-Nyer you were there in the beginning of time and you know everything.
Nope. It's too late to get rich and famous from debunking your bullshit.

It has been done a thousand times before by people better than me.

And atheists, agnostics and religious people who are not Biblical literalists are NOT going to call me up to tell me they are going to follow me. They already know and made up their own minds.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #306
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I still have the question. WE, if you believe the Bible is the Word of God, why do you have 47 reviews? Isn't there a commandment about that somewhere?
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #307
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
I still have the question. WE, if you believe the Bible is the Word of God, why do you have 47 reviews? Isn't there a commandment about that somewhere?
Unsurprisingly, he is NOT a Biblical literalist when it comes to adultery and fornication.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #308
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I just mean, if you are going to use the Bible as your source for reality, it would fly better if you actually believed it. So I don't know why WE is arguing for the Bible, when he doesn't believe it means what it says anyway.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:38 PM   #309
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

I know we all tend to judge from time to time, but come on, this is ECCIE for Gods sake!

OK, some of you boys are too busy sucking cock to be judgmental...

SNICK
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:48 AM   #310
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Yeah I would take that over a huge explosion(Big Bang)- creates life and it so happens that every living thing has exactly what it needs to survive on this planet(O2,CO2, water, etc)- if animals evolved by "chance" how do you explain different animals appearing on different continents- of course their is intelligent design.
That has always been a big question. For instance Kangaroos seem to only be found in Australia, but no where else. One theory is Continental drift. Scientist think because of the shapes of the continents that at one time they fit together, but because of various changes in the Earth the continents over time seperated and drifted apart and some species could have been stranded or trapped on those land masses. Because of the formation of Oceans some species were unable to migrate and occupy other areas.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:30 AM   #311
bojulay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
Now back to you. How old is the earth?
Beats me.

So you are going with spontaneous generation even though
scientist don't even have the slightest clue how that could occur
and have never been able to replicate such an event in a lab.

Even Dawkins himself has given up on such an idea and has
decided to go with ET as the answer or as he puts it
(Some higher form of intelligence in the universe) but
not what you would refer to as God.

So there you have it folks. God or Plan 9 From Outer Space.
You make the choice.
bojulay is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:42 AM   #312
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
WTF can you answer my question on who built the pyramids- I am pretty sure in hitory class many years ago you were taught that the Egyptians has slaves that used to help build the pyramids- well now that I am much wiser I am calling bullshit. Also, please do research on PumaPunku located in Boliva- it's over 10,000 years old- way before the wheel was invented- the average stone weighs 10 tons- how did they lift those stones on top of each other- as I mentioned before the stones are so intact that you can not even slide a paper through it's crevices. Did the Incas also use slaves to lift 10 ton boulders? How did they cut/carve the stones when the stones are made of material that can only be cut by diamond- or lasers- which they didn't have in those days. I really would like to hear your response.
WE, you demean the cultural accomplishments of those people, i.e., the Egyptians and the indigenous people of Brazil, etc., by disparaging and disbelieving they, at one time, possessed a culture that had the ability to undertake and accomplish such massive projects. Your stated beliefs echo the racist attitudes held by Western anthropologists in the 19th century who could never accept the notion that people of color had the imagination, let alone the innate ability, to build such magnificent structures.

After all, ancient civilized man both understood and utilized simple machines:

“Give me a place to stand, and a lever long enough, and I will move the world.” Archimedes
'δῶς μοι πᾶ στῶ καὶ τὰν γᾶν κινάσω'

http://www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk/cons...techniques.htm

http://www.touregypt.net/construction/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptia...ion_techniques

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_machine

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/lostempires/obelisk/

http://dlib.etc.ucla.edu/projects/Ka...ials/guide.pdf

I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:13 AM   #313
JCM800
Ambassador

Encounters: 29

Quote:
I hope you are proud of this shitstorm...
Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
Hey, I haven't posted a word. You're doing fine.
all we need now is someone from the Church of Scientology to mix it up with and this thread can go on forever
JCM800 is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:22 AM   #314
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
I thought you would infer from the concept of free will that God lets evil men do things, he doesn't take delight when men's schemes produce disasters but not allowing the consequences of poor decisions would render choice meaningless.
You thought wrong. Just because we have evil in this word does not mean there is or isn't a God. Where did you get your deductive reasoning from, the Bible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
Prove where life came from and duplicate it in the lab, otherwise the existence of God has more merit than not.
Again that makes no sense. Prove there isn't an Easter Bunny otherwise the existence of the Easter Bunny has more merit than not.

That is how idiotic you sound.

I can not prove the theory of evolution just as you can not prove the existence of God.

You can believe in God and the Easter Bunny for all I care. Just do not expect me to. Do not expect me to believe that your Easter Bunny type beliefs do not spill over into your political beliefs also.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:25 AM   #315
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Unsurprisingly, he is NOT a Biblical literalist when it comes to adultery and fornication.
They pick and choose what part to take seriously and what part to turn a blind eye to.
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women