Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70429
biomed160678
Yssup Rider59992
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47606
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37090
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35420
Mojojo33117

Old 03-02-2017, 02:36 PM   #376
StandinStraight
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stig View Post
Maybe if the government actually paid the subsidies to the insurance companies like the law mandated, the insurance companies wouldn't be running away from ACA. Insurance companies have collectively lost almost $10 billion on ACA over the last 2 years. How are they supposed to survive that? Well, they were not supposed to survive, thats the dirty little plan. Drive the health insurance companies out of business and the federal government swoops in to save the day with the single payer system they wanted all along. The influence and power the Democrats would glean from single payer is enormous. Unfortunately for them, the plan went off the rails when they pissed away the election. Oh well, too bad.
When the ACA started all of the insurance companies involved wanted to be the top dog in the market, they underpriced premiums to grab the market share, that's the reason they showed a loss, it was greed not Obamacare.
StandinStraight is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 03:01 PM   #377
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9
Default Priorities!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandinStraight View Post
When the ACA started....
Limpy, what are you doing fucking around in this forum when you still haven't completed and turned in your homework assignment yet???

Do you want to flunk out of Poly Sci?

https://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=1990939
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 03:43 PM   #378
Big Stig
Valued Poster

Encounters: 82

Quote:
When the ACA started all of the insurance companies involved wanted to be the top dog in the market, they underpriced premiums to grab the market share, that's the reason they showed a loss, it was greed not Obamacare.
And you know this, how? Is this your personal opinion? Did you read this on the Internet? Or are you one of the greedy insurance company executives? Just curious.
Big Stig is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 04:19 PM   #379
StandinStraight
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
And you know this, how? Is this your personal opinion? Did you read this on the Internet? Or are you one of the greedy insurance company executives? Just curious.
In Pittsburgh we have 2 major players highmark and upmc, when the ACA started and all the new people to be insured were eligible they both wanted to get as many new clients as possible, they both tried to be the lowest priced. They did not anticipate properly all of the claims these new people would have since many had not been insured before. This caused unexpected losses which allowed the insurance companies to jack up prices. If they had charged the proper premiums to begin with losses wouldn't have occurred. This is why the yearly premium increase seemed so dramatic but in reality it was just a market correction.
StandinStraight is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 04:49 PM   #380
Big Stig
Valued Poster

Encounters: 82

Quote:
In Pittsburgh we have 2 major players highmark and upmc, when the ACA started and all the new people to be insured were eligible they both wanted to get as many new clients as possible, they both tried to be the lowest priced. They did not anticipate properly all of the claims these new people would have since many had not been insured before. This caused unexpected losses which allowed the insurance companies to jack up prices. If they had charged the proper premiums to begin with losses wouldn't have occurred. This is why the yearly premium increase seemed so dramatic but in reality it was just a market correction.
As someone who actually knows what happened, I can assure you that you couldn't be more wrong. But whatever. You're obviously way more informed than I am.
Big Stig is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 06:06 PM   #381
canuckeight
Valued Poster

Encounters: 45

Quote:

You are a total babbling idiot that spews out whatever yahoo top news feeds you. You have no skin in the game.
canuckeight is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 06:12 PM   #382
loneshark
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
As someone who actually knows what happened, I can assure you that you couldn't be more wrong. But whatever. You're obviously way more informed than I am.

He is way wrong in fact 7 million people had health insurance on their own before Obama care. They had Highmark and UPMC in the Pittsburgh area. These health plans were drop by the Insurance companys when Obama care became the law . They got cancellation letters.

Insurance companys are in the risk business and they know how to use analytics to assign risk and knew if young people did not sign up for obama care it was going to fail because of certain things. Plus with young people staying on their parents insurance until 26 it had a big chance of failing.

I go out and by a plan on my own and it costs me money. I go through the government and it cost me and the government not only for the plan but to run the website and the bureaucracy to manage it.

The first year of Obama care they signed up about 8 million and sent 6 million to medicaid. I would say they signed up the people who lost their plan and a few more.

The percentage of uninsured Americans before Obama care was 20 % Now its 14.5 % .

That is 2 trillion dollars for not much of a difference.
loneshark is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 06:16 PM   #383
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Maybe if the government actually paid the subsidies to the insurance companies like the law mandated, the insurance companies wouldn't be running away from ACA. Insurance companies have collectively lost almost $10 billion on ACA over the last 2 years. How are they supposed to survive that? Well, they were not supposed to survive, thats the dirty little plan. Drive the health insurance companies out of business and the federal government swoops in to save the day with the single payer system they wanted all along. The influence and power the Democrats would glean from single payer is enormous. Unfortunately for them, the plan went off the rails when they pissed away the election. Oh well, too bad.
Exactly!
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 05:26 PM   #384
yinz2016
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexymaid_69 View Post
Whoa whoa there fella's

Welfare does NOT include

Social Security or SSI
I assume you mean SSI because SSD is reserved for folks who have worked all their lives and paid into the system.
SSI is the screwed up system that allows folks who never worked to be paid more because of their disability.
It's NOT welfare and is reviewed every three years to see if it should continue.

Veterans benefits of ANY kind
Our veterans earned those benefits by serving, period.
We owe those benefits to anyone willing to lay down their life for our country.

And.
The earned income tax credit is getting a major overhaul this year. My tax preparer says it's going to be more of a hassle than it will soon be worth as far as a deduction.
Of course SSI, EIC and Vet benefits are welfare. Its free money from the government. We all pay taxes. Its just that some of us take more out than we pay.

Very few living vets "laid down their lives for our country". Many of the older ones were forced by our government for geopolitical purposes. And the younger ones made their own bed in the matter. They're not protecting us, they're feeding their families. If you want to talk about the men and women that actually protect us, look towards police officers, firefighters and EMS workers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmys35_2 View Post
It is obvious that yinz has never served a day in the military.
I'm proud to say that I have not.

Quote:
Healthcare costs has been out of control for decades, Obamacare helped but more regulations are needed. The reason for the skyrocketing costs is the greed of the insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies and hospitals. They charge what they can get away with to maximize profits
That's part of it. The larger part is that most of the people using healthcare in this country aren't the ones that have to pay for it. You and I do.
yinz2016 is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 05:52 PM   #385
snakebit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEofMx_y7Ow. Dedicated to yinz2016 &standinstraight
snakebit is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 02:37 AM   #386
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinz2016 View Post
Of course SSI, EIC and Vet benefits are welfare. Its (sic) free money from the government. We all pay taxes. Its (sic) just that some of us take more out than we pay.

SS Disability is becoming a form of welfare, but the regular retirement benefit (SSI) isn't. SSI is an actuarial insurance program. EIC is welfare only if your income is so low you receive a refund exceeding your taxes. Veterans benefits aren't welfare any more than your pension or 401(k) are.

Very few living vets "laid down their lives for our country". Many of the older ones were forced by our government for geopolitical purposes. And the younger ones made their own bed in the matter. They're not protecting us, they're feeding their families. If you want to talk about the men and women that actually protect us, look towards police officers, firefighters and EMS workers.

You're a fucking idiot. You just offended everyone who ever served in our military. I'll let some of our local vets rake your impudent, ungrateful ass over the coals for what you said. You need a Code Red from Colonel Jessup:
"Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom.

You... curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know... And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall.

We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:34 AM   #387
bkfantasy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinz2016 View Post
Of course SSI, EIC and Vet benefits are welfare. Its free money from the government. We all pay taxes. Its just that some of us take more out than we pay.
Vet benefits are welfare? By definition, veteran benefits are money and services paid out by the government in exchange for work. Just because the government is paying out the benefits doesn't make it welfare. The government was the employer of the veteran. These benefits are OWED to the veterans for the work they performed in their military career. It's part of the deal when you sign up for the military, just like if you went to work for a company that has a pension plan. If someone receives a pension, is that welfare? This is money in exchange for work which is the exact opposite of welfare.
bkfantasy is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:14 AM   #388
loneshark
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
On Obama care you have to sign up and depending on income and the plan you want the Government subsides some of the premium. Lets say a plan cost 6,000 for a year and your income lets you get 3000 from the government. The Insurance company sends you a bill for 250 a month for the 3000 you owe and if you don't pay they will cancel the insurance the insurance is in your name and its your policy.

The government pays the rest . No one is saying the government is not paying their part or the people are not paying their part just that the overall cost of insurance has gone up and its out of hand. The premiums are going up and out of pockets are high and deductibles are to high. The fact is some Insurance companys made money on Obama care.

Obama care is now an entitlement that you can't take away and can't fix.

The Dems knew this and wanted it to get to single payer . Global clowns are the Dems.

How can the Democratic strategy work. Unfair trade ,no jobs , tons of entitlements. free college ,free health care, open boarders.
England and now France want out of the EU. France is hurting with closing factory's and a influx of refugees.

Trump is an asshole in some ways but what the Dems want will destroy America.
loneshark is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:48 AM   #389
yinz2016
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
SS Disability is becoming a form of welfare, but the regular retirement benefit (SSI) isn't. SSI is an actuarial insurance program. EIC is welfare only if your income is so low you receive a refund exceeding your taxes. Veterans benefits aren't welfare any more than your pension or 401(k) are.
The taxpayer does not pay for my pension and/or 401k. I do. The taxpayer does pay for the pensions of the military (and government in general). It is, in every definition of the word, welfare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
You're a fucking idiot. You just offended everyone who ever served in our military.
Just because a soldier thinks he's protecting freedom because he's taken the blue pill doesn't mean its so. Some people find the truth offensive. That is life. The fetishizing of the military is not a requirement in this country like it is in North Korea. I support the military greatly every time I pay my taxes. More importantly, I support peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfantasy View Post
Vet benefits are welfare? By definition, veteran benefits are money and services paid out by the government in exchange for work. Just because the government is paying out the benefits doesn't make it welfare. The government was the employer of the veteran. These benefits are OWED to the veterans for the work they performed in their military career. It's part of the deal when you sign up for the military, just like if you went to work for a company that has a pension plan. If someone receives a pension, is that welfare? This is money in exchange for work which is the exact opposite of welfare.
The key here is that its a government pension. If your private employer pays you a pension, that is not welfare. But when I do? Welfare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneshark View Post
Trump is an asshole in some ways but what the Dems want will destroy America.
Amen.

Edit: Are you going to tell me I'm offensive to teachers, sanitation workers, bus drivers, police officers, firemen, social workers and congressmen because I am against them receiving welfare checks on my dime, too? Or is it just soldiers that deserve this treatment? Government pensions are welfare, period. It doesn't matter who is ultimately receiving the check, its who pays it that determines this.
yinz2016 is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 03:21 PM   #390
jimmys35_2
Premium Access

Encounters: 18
Default Soldiers

[QUOTE=yinz2016;1059265208]The taxpayer does not pay for my pension and/or 401k. I do. The taxpayer does pay for the pensions of the military (and government in general). It is, in every definition of the word, welfare.

Because you have no clue, I will say this. NO one wants peace more than a soldier. But they do it so c@m guzzlers like you have the freedom to run your p$ssy c×ck sucker and not be afraid of retribution. No I will stop posting so I don't get banned. If I haven't already.
jimmys35_2 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women