Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 254
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160705
Yssup Rider60032
gman4452944
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47622
pyramider46370
bambino40341
CryptKicker37092
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35446
Mojojo33117

Old 09-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #31
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgs View Post
And it just wasn't in Kansas
And elsewhere ... but ....

... those were projects in the design/plan stage before Obaminable was crowned!

Speaking of "shovel ready" government work programs ...

.. is any one old enough to remember the Trinity River Canal Project?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #32
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE3772 View Post
Explain why Israel needs U.S. foreign aid?
Israel is America's strongest ally in the Middle East, and as such, deserves our unqualified support. Iran is an existential threat to Israel and must not get nukes!
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #33
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

local governments should fix the roads with local taxes..obama should have nothing to do with it...local need, local tax, local control. largest unit of government that should be involved is at the state level

for the feds to do anything would be similar to what obama's "stimulus" package was used for....rewarding profilgate state governments so they could keep unions employees on for one more year.. making responsible states share in the misery.

but ok the civil engineering society says "we need more civil engineering work" ? is that trustworthy news? sort of like government union members chanting "tax me more" (translation: tax the hell out of entreprenuers so there wont be any government union budget cuts)
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #34
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
local governments should fix the roads with local taxes..obama should have nothing to do with it

for the feds to do anything would be similar to what happened to his "stimulus" package....rewarding profilgate state governments so they could keep unions employees on for one more year.. making responsible states share in the misery.

but ok the civil engineering society says "we need more civil engineering work" ? is that trustworthy news? sort of like government union members chanting "tax me more" (translation: tax the hell out of entreprenuers so there wont be any government union budget cuts)

its the states responsibility ...

and the states suck ..

http://www.theatlanticcities.com/com...ge-crisis/322/

but then again shit happens ..... shit we never see any results from

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8894520/...-highway-bill/
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #35
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

CBJ7 thinks the federal government is the only entity that can do anything for anyone, and should have the sole responsibility for the well-being of all of us. We should follow them blindly, like he does.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #36
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
CBJ7 thinks the federal government is the only entity that can do anything for anyone, and should have the sole responsibility for the well-being of all of us. We should follow them blindly, like he does.

I say its the states responsibility and you say I think its the feds ?

too bad youre an idget
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #37
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
Israel is America's strongest ally in the Middle East, and as such, deserves our unqualified support.
I hope you don't use such weak circular meaningless arguments in your day job?

It was as relevant as saying 'America supports its allies'.

Whatever.

The question is, why is Israel an ally? What influence does America have over any long term peaceful agreement with Palestine? What impact does America's relationship with Israel have on US foreign policy and its relationships with other ME countries? Is israel the bulwark and bastion against the tide of Islam, or is it a contributory factor for the tide of Islam and hatred of US?

Maybe this needs another thread.

But please don;t insult us with your empty platitudes.
essence is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #38
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by essence View Post
It was as relevant as saying 'America supports its allies'.

But please don;t insult us with your empty platitudes.
Apparently one man's "platitudes" is another man's realities. The beginnings of that direct and longstanding relationship began in the initial stages of the Jewish people re-establishing themselves in the area that they contend was their "homeland" or their beginnings as a people. Since that time they have been surrounded and out numbered, although not yet "out-flanked" or "out-skilled" and we have continued to provide them assistance and "cover" as they have continued to thrive and build a strong and viable nation with which they can have an identity.

"We" had simillar assistance from other countries as we floundered and were surrounded.

More recently (in the last 12 - 15 years particularly) the Israelis have contributed substantially to our endeavors in the Middle East. They have done it "off the books" and "behind the scenes" and quietly without assuming credit for the assistance. In the several incursions into Iraq the Israelis already had people "on the ground" before the "allies" did and had people in place in the Northeastern corner of Iraq to interact and stabilize that area during the initial stages of the invasions ... plural. They had a self-interest, but were cooperating with us in that endeavor. That also provided specialized equipment that had to be "repainted" and "remarked" to avoid any issues with our Arab allies.

They have provided us intelligence and we have provided them with technology and information from our satelite network. They spy on us. We spy on them. Everyone looks at each other, even our friends and neighbors. It is normal....as in the norm.

For 70 plus years we have had the relationship. They have been loyal. One doesn't brush those kinds of relationships aside for temporary or momentary convenience or appearance. Sure we send a lot of money over there .... and it is one of the few places where we have sent money that they don't routinely burn our flags and burn our President's ..... or attempt to assassinate them. On the other hand there a lot of Jewish people in this country who pay a lot of taxes .... they are loyal to this country as well. And for the most part, aside from the "foreign aid" (which for the most part are long term loans that Israel pays back!) ... they buy shit ... they don't put their hands out begging .. like some others do ... the Jewish people in this country are not dependent upon our government for handouts, welfare, food stamps, etc., ... similar to the Mormons they tend to take care of their own .. with close knit families and community ties with their neighbors. They are a positive contribution to this country ...

their friends, family, and neighbors deserve our loyalty in return. They have earned it. By "cutting them loose" we send the wrong signal to other allies and potential allies. We have already done too much of that in the past 3 years.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #39
CJ7
Valued Poster

they deserve it?

http://www.wrmea.org/archives/373-wa...3-billion.html
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #40
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
they deserve it?
yes ... "their friends, family, and neighbors deserve our loyalty in return. They have earned it."
Old 09-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #41
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
.... and it is one of the few places where we have sent money that they don't routinely burn our flags...
Circular (or upside down) arguments seem to be popular nowadays.

Have you wondered whether other countries burn the US flag BECAUSE the US send money to Israel? BECAUSE the US is a staunch ally of Israel?

I have no problems with the right to have an Israeli state, so long as there is also a Palestinian state, and Israel does not invade Palestine.

I just wish they could all get along, but I don't see much prospect of that in my lifetime.
essence is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:56 PM   #42
CJ7
Valued Poster

our bridges are falling down and we pony up 180 LARGE to Israel because they deserve it and our own people dont?

got it
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:59 PM   #43
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
our bridges are falling down and we pony up 180 LARGE to Israel because they deserve it and our own people dont?

got it
Israel pays it back .... and "our own people don't"!

Dont' read the headlines .... read the "fine print" for a change.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #44
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by essence View Post
Have you wondered whether other countries burn the US flag BECAUSE the US send money to Israel? BECAUSE the US is a staunch ally of Israel?
No. Because we send money to them .. and they don't pay it back!

Any port in a storm ... it's the fault of the U.S. government for supporting Israel.....

... it's the fault of the U.S. government for not banning a film.,......

....it's the fault of the U.S. government for ____________________ (fill in blank).

You want to know why they hate us ... and hate the Israelis .... ?

People all over this world burn our flag ... stomp on it ... burn our Presidents ... many are non-Arab ... and their governments are on the "gift-list" ... doesn't have a damn thing to do with us LOANING money to Israel.

People resent us because we have. Period. They've had a piece of land for 1,000's of years and for the most part, except where the "royalty" and government people live it's a shit hole .... bad water, bad sewage, bad food, bad housing, few jobs, and sorry ass education .... it stinks. We get a piece of land and in 200 years we have a "heaven on earth" ... rich, oil wells, big cars, great schools, great hospitals, a great country, and we are the strongest country in the world .... we are the haves ....

was it dropped on us from heaven .... hell no. We work our asses off ... and still do.

They blow shit up, burn it, piss on it, generally trash their own towns. Syria? They slaughter their own people, disrespect their women and children, they have nothing but a living hell .... and their "leaders" want them to continue hating the U.S. because the "leaders" are living in luxury off the $$$ we send to help their people.

Do you recall the way the Taliban leaders were living? Those in the Balkans. Same all over South America. The people think we just come there and take... because they do not see the oil money, they don't see the assistance, and they don't have a clue how hard we work over here to build what we have and what we share! But every friggin one of them would give their left nut to get here!

They hate us ... and that is what Obaminable "builds" on .... class warfare!!!!!

The no-haves vs. the haves ....

Cut from the same cloth!!! It is in his marrow, engrained, endoctrinated.

I want everyone around me to be successful. I want them to be content, I want them to be happy. That is not my responsibility. I will assist them if they pitch in a do for themselves at least as much as I do for them. But when they start "burning my flag" and "bitching about me behind my back" ... that's it! No mos.

If they have the time and energy to march on our embassies they have enough time and energy to clean the shit up off the streets, repair their bridges, improve their roads, build new schools, etc. They don't need our help.

The Israelis have taken the same dirt they have and practically made a paradise there (relatively speaking) and the Arabs don't like it cuz' it makes them look bad. They resent it. It makes their govenrment look incompetent and impotent ... which they are. They are pissed because they can't come over and work in Israel .... if they didn't blow the place up things might be different.

You want to save a bunch of money. Burn a flag. No money, no help, no nothing. Not even the time of day.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #45
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Israel pays it back .... and "our own people don't"!

Dont' read the headlines .... read the "fine print" for a change.
putting americans to work doesnt stimulate the econmy (in every aspect) and pay us back ?

theres something else I didnt know
CJ7 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women