Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70435
biomed160686
Yssup Rider60012
gman4452941
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47611
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37090
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35426
Mojojo33117

Old 10-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #31
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
No you just wanted to correct JD for "speculating" wrongly...................

that's funny.
Here is my exact statement:

"WOW!! Where to start to correct your incorrect or speculative statements. Would the bikers have broken off the assault if Lien had shown a gun. Please show us the "statistics" to which you are referring. Pure speculation."

His first statement was pure speculation and I NEVER said his scenario of what might have happened was WRONG. It most certainly have come off just as JD said it might.
I did ask for the source of the statistics to which he was referring.

The "incorrect" statements to which I was referring were later on.
SpeedRacerXXX is online now   Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #32
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

You're a fucking idiot, Whirlygay.

Guns for everybody! YAY! Then we'll find out how well gunshot wounds are covered under AHCA!

Loony!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #33
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
And No you haven't answered the question; you only regurgitated existing NY state laws....

Again, Why are you so intent on taking away Lien's options to defend himself ?

I will speculate your answer, since you want to dodge:

Answer: Because you don't think Lien should have an option (like a handgun) to defend himself !
I make it so easy to understand and you make it so difficult. You are ignoring the FACT that NY is a much safer state than most and NYC is a much safer city than most other U.S. cities. That is why I believe that granting individuals such as Lien the right to carry a handgun is not a good idea. It will open the door to others who want access to handguns to commit crimes. Either NY has citizens with higher morals than other states or the gun restrictions are keeping guns out of the hands of would-be criminals. I am not pushing gun control in any other city or state. The problem, IMHO, with groups like the NRA and others who support 2nd Amendment rights at all costs is that the bottom line is ignored. Sometimes gun control laws actually work.

IF NY laws did not seem to be working then I would say every individual in the state who qualifies should be able to own a handgun to defend him- or herself.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #34
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

So you are willing to let people be victimized (killed, raped, abducted, or otherwise abused) because you (wrongly) believe statistically it produces lower crime rates ?

Idiot.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #35
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
So you are willing to let people be victimized (killed, raped, abducted, or otherwise abused) because you (wrongly) believe statistically it produces lower crime rates ?

Idiot.
That is the pot calling the kettle black. If it can be proven that a law lowers the rate of people being victimized (killed, raped, abducted, or otherwise abused) then yes I support it.

And since you believe I believe so wrongly, please put up or STFU. I have presented FACTS as to the low homicide rate in NY compared to other states with much less restrictive gun control policies . You have given us nothing but off-the-wall opinion. If you think the statistics are not due to NY's gun control laws, why the huge difference in firearm homicides between NY and Texas? Please enlighten us with your wisdom.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #36
PleasantSurprise
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 183008
Cool I don't expect anyone to agree with me, this is just my opinion.....

Quote:
With the right to carry, Lien would have the option to decide for himself....without that right, Lien is left to be a defenseless victim..........
Thugs don't give a shit, they get their hands on whatever they need, black market or however it may be. People who are abiding by the law and jumping through hoops to no prevail and for what, to remain defenseless in time of need? What the fuck happened to self defense? I guess we can just throw that option out the window. I agree with Whirlaway, Lien could have would have and should have had the option to decide for himself; and without that right he was left to be a defenseless victim, which is horrible and fucking sad. Consider for a brief second if Lien were in your immediate family or a cousin, relative or dear friend, I bet that would cause the tables to turn.

Quote:
I think what would have happened is that Lien would have an option to shoot or not shoot depending on his state of mind.....and Lien would have to decide for himself what course of action was appropriate.

Since you want me to speculate; here is a reasonable speculation = if new yorkers had the right to carry, this incident may never happened.
I agree. I can imagine bikers/thugs wanting to hit easy targets. If you look like a certain type, like you probably don't have a gun, makes their job pretty damn easy and clean. However, Lien flashes a gun, and the head guy waves his buddies on... not this one, next. I think all it would have taken is the flash of a gun, I don't think Lien would have had to fire it. I think thugs shoot when they feel the need to. Lien flashing his gun would be saying I have a gun and this could get messy and one of your buddies may end up dead and if you're willing to risk that then let's go. I think the bikers would picked the next fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
According to statistics the bikers would probably have broken off the assault to protect themselves.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
I say give the Police investigation time to sort this out. Hopefully, they can bring who ever is wrong here to some type of justice.
Hopefully? Damn. I had no choice because I was defenseless and now that it's in the hands of the Police I cross my fingers? Hmmm.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
I am all for a law abiding citizen's right to blow the living shit out of thugs who wish to rob us and do us bodily harm.
+1000 and then some!!!
PleasantSurprise is offline   Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #37
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Let me see if I have this right...

NYC is the place where last week the cops fired on a perp in Times Square and hit everyone else who was there except for the perp? That's helpful.

But, you Teawipe Klowns probably can't shoot any better with a pistol under duress than those guys. Of course, now we will have to listen to wild b.s. tales of you Teawipes' target shooting prowess - that'll be lots of fun.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #38
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Well you know, you can't be a Teawipe less'n you can shoot off a skeeter's wings at 900 yards!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #39
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Danial Boon was a tea wipe?
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:39 AM   #40
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
He was fairly well armed with a SUV when he hit the bikers knocking one off his bike and doing damage .Why did you think they ran this thug down and kicked his ass?
Did anyone notice what this brain damaged libtard had to say. This fucker is STUPID...LOL
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:20 AM   #41
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

You are happy with Mr. Lien not having the option to defend his family, despite the fact it took an hour for police to show up.................I get it !

Gun restrictions aren't keeping NYC safer; but law enforcement presence is ! In Mr. Lien's case, their presence couldn't be counted on, I want him to have the right to defend himself, apparently you do not !

NYC has one of the highest concentrations of law enforcement per population; far higher than other cities in states like Texas.

Law enforcement presence is what is keeping the lid on crime in NY; not gun regulation !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
I make it so easy to understand and you make it so difficult. You are ignoring the FACT that NY is a much safer state than most and NYC is a much safer city than most other U.S. cities. That is why I believe that granting individuals such as Lien the right to carry a handgun is not a good idea. It will open the door to others who want access to handguns to commit crimes. Either NY has citizens with higher morals than other states or the gun restrictions are keeping guns out of the hands of would-be criminals. I am not pushing gun control in any other city or state. The problem, IMHO, with groups like the NRA and others who support 2nd Amendment rights at all costs is that the bottom line is ignored. Sometimes gun control laws actually work.

IF NY laws did not seem to be working then I would say every individual in the state who qualifies should be able to own a handgun to defend him- or herself.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #42
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
Did anyone notice what this brain damaged libtard had to say. This fucker is STUPID...LOL

Speaking of a stupid fucker thanks for showing your stupidity whiffy iffy.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #43
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
You are happy with Mr. Lien not having the option to defend his family, despite the fact it took an hour for police to show up.................I get it !

Gun restrictions aren't keeping NYC safer; but law enforcement presence is ! In Mr. Lien's case, their presence couldn't be counted on, I want him to have the right to defend himself, apparently you do not !

NYC has one of the highest concentrations of law enforcement per population; far higher than other cities in states like Texas.

Law enforcement presence is what is keeping the lid on crime in NY; not gun regulation !
Certainly your opinion, right or wrong. Obviously you have no facts to back up your opinion. Here is one source of information that totally blows your opinion out of the water.

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20121001/new-york-city/nypd-shrinks-bad-old-days-size-while-bloombergs-city-workforce-grows

There are now roughly 34,500 cops on the beat, about the same number as there were in 1992 when the city was besieged by crime and down from 37,000 in 2002 when Bloomberg took office.

So in the last 20 years the number of police in NYC has not grown yet the homicide rate has dropped significantly. Now I'm not saying what is in fact lowering the NYC homicide rate, but it is NOT the number of police officers on the street as you suggest.

Nice try though.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #44
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

And what has been the signficant changes in law enforcement in NYC over the past 20 years ?????????????

A near zero tolerance; read what Giuliani and Bloomberg did to turn the city around during that time frame...it had nothing to do with gun control legislation, and everything to do with Federalizing crimes, street level enforcement of minor offenses, tougher sentencing, and a whole host of other law enforcement efforts - NOTHING TO DO WITH GUN CONTROL !

You need to read up on the facts; Giuliani's "broken window" theory on turning the corner on crime....it has nothing to do with gun control !

[I]The police measure that most consistently reduces crime is the arrest rate... Felony arrest rates (except for motor vehicle thefts) rose 50 to 70 percent in the 1990s. When arrests of burglars increased 10 percent, the number of burglaries fell 2.7 to 3.2 percent. When the arrest rate of robbers rose 10 percent, the number of robberies fell 5.7 to 5.9 percent."[/I
The police measure that most consistently reduces crime is the arrest rate... Felony arrest rates (except for motor vehicle thefts) rose 50 to 70 percent in the 1990s. When arrests of burglars increased 10 percent, the number of burglaries fell 2.7 to 3.2 percent. When the arrest rate of robbers rose 10 percent, the number of robberies fell 5.7 to 5.9 percent."

http://www.nber.org/papers/w9061

SO SHUT THE FUCK UP UNTIL YOU UNDERSTAND THE FACTS !
Old 10-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #45
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Certainly your opinion, right or wrong. Obviously you have no facts to back up your opinion. Here is one source of information that totally blows your opinion out of the water.

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20121001/new-york-city/nypd-shrinks-bad-old-days-size-while-bloombergs-city-workforce-grows

There are now roughly 34,500 cops on the beat, about the same number as there were in 1992 when the city was besieged by crime and down from 37,000 in 2002 when Bloomberg took office.

So in the last 20 years the number of police in NYC has not grown yet the homicide rate has dropped significantly. Now I'm not saying what is in fact lowering the NYC homicide rate, but it is NOT the number of police officers on the street as you suggest.

Nice try though.
Whirly is right...http://www.governing.com/gov-data/sa...or-cities.html
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women