Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160589
Yssup Rider59941
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47559
pyramider46370
bambino40329
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35390
Mojojo33117

Old 01-15-2023, 04:29 PM   #31
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Remember who you are working with.

VitaMan is online now   Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 04:41 PM   #32
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
I'm not sure what we're arguing about here. Yeah, I took WTF and Vitaman to the woodshed over the relevance of Donald Trump to the FTX bankruptcy, but that was in the other thread.

We all believe that crypto is at least a somewhat dubious investment, and that the perpetrators of the fraud at FTX deserve punishment. Now, about punishment, WTF may not actually come out and say that, but he believes it.

Thanks for the reading material Waco Kid. This is going to end up being more entertaining than Madoff.

i'm pretty sure you see the exchange customers as victims and don't buy in on WTF's claim that they aren't just because he considers Crypto "risky". you are probably right, WTF probably does see sammy as guilty and "Judge WTF" would throw the book at him.

it should be noted just how fast Ellison and Wang copped plea deals. they knew what happened was a crime and smartly took deals given the total years they could have received if maxxed would essentially be a life sentence.

sammy pled not guilty. i'd like to know if whoever is advising him legally even mentioned a plea deal? he knows full well now that Ellison and Wang took deals, yet pled not guilty. interesting given he knows they were right in the middle of it all and knew full well sammy was aware they were taking customer money. i think i read that Ellison claimed that it was sammy who made the decision to do that.

i still claim his defense will be the "IT guy did it by accident" by pressing the transfer key .. 8 billion times in a row.

bahhahahaaaaa
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 09:01 PM   #33
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
i still claim his defense will be the "IT guy did it by accident" by pressing the transfer key .. 8 billion times in row.
Hell, he might say that. SBF's one of the biggest liars on the planet. I don't know why a couple of our Democrat friends appear to want to deny that.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 03:09 AM   #34
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Hell, he might say that. SBF's one of the biggest liars on the planet. I don't know why a couple of our Democrat friends appear to want to deny that.
Same reason folks on the right deny Trump is the biggest liar/snake oil salesman there has ever been!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 03:33 AM   #35
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
interesting how you always claim everyone misstates what you say.

Not everyone...

Only those who misstate what I actually say.

I consider all the crypto peddlers guilty of selling bullshit. Concerning these "investors" This imho is no different than if they were selling drugs or Tulips and these investors jumped in for the potential phenomenally high returns. Would you consider those victims? I do not. We seem to disagree. Move on would be my suggestion. You're not changing my mind. I'm actually waiting open minded enough to wait for all the facts to come out. Similar to Kevin O'Leary suggested.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 03:37 AM   #36
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaMan View Post
Remember who you are working with.

I continually overestimate his common sense and forget he views the world through partisan lens that let's him see an violent attack on the Captial called upon by a sitting President as a political rally!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 09:22 AM   #37
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Same reason folks on the right deny Trump is the biggest liar/snake oil salesman there has ever been!
What does Trump have to do with this? NOTHING. You're trying to distract. The Democratic Party has a long list of liars and snake oil salesmen too.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 10:59 AM   #38
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default You're trying to distract...you just hate others doing the same!

Quote:
What does Trump have to do with this? NOTHING. You're trying to distract. The Democratic Party has a long list of liars and snake oil salesmen too.
You're finally getting it!

What does the Democratic Party have to do with this? NOTHING.

All we are doing is pointing out YOUR hypocrisy. Nothing more...nobody is taking up for Sam. Though I would like to see a bit more hard evidence before convicting on the words of two others elbows deep in the same thing!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 04:00 PM   #39
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

well. sammy wasn't a very good executive. shocking!!!

Sam Bankman-Fried was a spiteful and insecure boss who gaslit anyone that challenged him, FTX's former US chief says

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/sam-b...102203502.html

George Glover
Mon, January 16, 2023 at 4:22 AM CST·3 min read

Sam Bankman-Fried, who faces fraud charges over the collapse of FTX, leaves a Manhattan federal court hearing on January 3, 2023.Andrew Kelly/Reuters
  • Sam Bankman-Fried was spiteful, insecure, and unable to deal with conflict, according to the former head of FTX US.
  • Brett Harrison said that he had flagged his concerns about FTX to the disgraced former crypto billionaire.
  • Bankman-Fried "responded at times with gaslighting and manipulation," Harrison added.
Sam Bankman-Fried was a spiteful and insecure manager who reacted badly to any conflict or criticism, according to a former top executive for FTX's US-based operation.

Brett Harrison, who was the president of FTX US between May 2021 and September 2022, slammed the disgraced former crypto billionaire in a series of tweets Saturday.

Harrison said that his relationship with Bankman-Fried had started to sour after around six months – when he called for greater separation between FTX US and its Bahamas-based parent company.

"I began advocating strongly for establishing separation and independence for the executive, legal, and developer teams of FTX US, and Sam disagreed," he said. "I saw in that early conflict his total insecurity and intransigence when his decisions were questioned, his spitefulness, and the volatility of his temperament."

"I realized he wasn't who I remembered," Harrison added, referencing a previous stint working with Bankman-Fried at the quantitative trading firm Jane Street.

Bankman-Fried had been called "the next Warren Buffett" by Fortune magazine and courted high-profile investors like VC firm Sequoia Capital and NFL star Tom Brady – and that made him difficult to challenge, according to Harrison.

"There was tremendous pressure not to disagree with Sam, but I did so anyway," he said. "At that time, and for all of my time at FTX US, his influence over the media, FTX's partners, the venture capital industry, and the traditional finance industry was pervasive and unyielding."

Harrison said that he flagged further concerns about FTX's hiring policy, its lack of experienced managers in C-suite positions, and the software development roles held by Gary Wang and Nishad Singh – who've since been identified as key members of Bankman-Fried's "inner circle".

But Bankman-Fried was unable to deal with conflict and responded to the criticism by "gaslighting" Harrison, the former FTX US executive said.

"Sam was uncomfortable with conflict," Harrison tweeted. "He responded at times with dysregulated hostility, at times with gaslighting and manipulation, but ultimately chose to isolate me from communication on key decision-making."

Harrison added that when he first recorded his concerns in writing in April 2021, Bankman-Fried's allies at FTX said they would wreck his professional reputation unless he apologized and withdrew his complaint.

"I made a written formal complaint about what I saw to be the largest organizational problems inhibiting FTX's future success. I wrote that I would resign if the problems weren't addressed," he said.

"In response, I was threatened on Sam's behalf that I would be fired and that Sam would destroy my professional reputation," Harrison added. "I was instructed to formally retract what I'd written and to deliver an apology to Sam that had been drafted for me."

Harrison resigned from his role at FTX September – just two months before it filed for bankruptcy.

Bankman-Fried was arrested in the Bahamas and extradited to the US in December. Prosecutors say that FTX's balance sheet shows he "orchestrated a years-long fraud to conceal from FTX's investors" that he had funneled customer funds into his crypto trading firm Alameda Research.

There's no suggestion that Harrison is suspected of any wrongdoing. Neither Bankman-Fried nor Harrison immediately responded to Insider's requests for comment.

Read more: Here's how the collapse of Sam Bankman-Fried's FTX empire stacks up against other corporate failures like Lehman Brothers and Enron
Read the original article on Business Insider
Old 01-17-2023, 12:46 PM   #40
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

A vindictive CEO....how unusual!

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 12:52 PM   #41
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
A vindictive CEO....how unusual!

you'd think with all those years in the c suite that sammy would be a little more seasoned as a top executive, yeah?

bahahahaa
Old 01-17-2023, 04:59 PM   #42
Tsmokies
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Sounds like he has a LOT in common with trumpy. Trumpy set the bar very high though over the scams he has been running for years. Potus was his biggest scam. Losers still defend and send him money
Tsmokies is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 05:08 PM   #43
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsmokies View Post
Sounds like he has a LOT in common with trumpy. Trumpy set the bar very high though over the scams he has been running for years. Potus was his biggest scam. Losers still defend and send him money

this has nothing to do with Trump.
Old 01-17-2023, 06:55 PM   #44
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsmokies View Post
Quote:
this has nothing to do with Trump.
Nope. But a fair comparison of mores and how their ego makes them think everyone is a sucker.

Good example to the subject of thread and political to boot.
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 02:19 AM   #45
Lucas McCain
Valued Poster

Well, I read that they found a little over $5bln so far. So that's a positive and I hope those people get some of their money back.

I think the main thing I take issue with in this thread is that some people seem to take joy out of people having their money stolen. What many of you don't realize is that a lot of people used FTX as their bank account. They had their paychecks directly deposited in there. They paid their bills from there. I know most here know better, but millennials are clueless. Half of them probably don't even know what FDIC means.

Anyway, I hope that the nerd and his fellow clueless geeks get thrown under the jail... Madoff's victims were reportedly paid back 88 cents on the dollar. It took a long time but that's pretty impressive. Hopefully (but doubtful) the FTX victims will recoup something similar for their hard-earned money.

Those people had their cash stolen. That's not their fault. They didn't lose it on an investment in crypto tokens that went South. That's one thing. That's just a bad investment and tough shit, you picked the wrong pony. Those people had their cash stolen from them and transferred to its unintended purpose of their deposits. It was not deposited for nerd boy to financially support Alameda. And that's what many of you anti crypto folks who blame the victims fail to differentiate between the two vastly different scenarios.

And no, I'm not going argue about the merits of investing in crypto. I don't put money in anything that lacks full transparency because I like my pennies too much. Haha
Lucas McCain is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women