Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59956
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47573
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35405
Mojojo33117

Old 09-08-2023, 12:47 PM   #31
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
They need to quit calling it a Vaccine. It is not.

It is a “shot”, much like the Flu Shot that is offered every year to help curb what ever mutated strain of the Flu decides to show up.

Do Colleges, Businesses, Government Entities, , the Military etc ban those that have not had a Flu Shot?

I had the Flu three years ago, (after taking my annual shot), and it was a heck of a lot worse than when I had Covid.
Why do you think the flu and Covid shots are NOT vaccines? I don't care one way or the other but the CDC certainly believes they are vaccines:

"What is the definition of a vaccine?

Vaccine: A preparation that is used to stimulate the body's immune response against diseases. Vaccines are usually administered through needle injections, but some can be administered by mouth or sprayed into the nose."

"What is a flu vaccine?

Influenza (flu) vaccines (often called “flu shots”) are vaccines that protect against the four influenza viruses that research indicates will be most common during the upcoming season. Most flu vaccines are “flu shots” given with a needle, usually in the arm, but there also is a nasal spray flu vaccine.

The composition of flu vaccines has been updated for the 2023-2024 flu season."

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/flus...0flu%20vaccine.

"What is a COVID-19 vaccine booster?

A COVID booster shot is an additional dose or doses of a vaccine given after the protection provided by the original shot(s) has begun to decrease over time. The booster helps people maintain strong protection from severe coronavirus disease."

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...%20over%20time.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 07:06 PM   #32
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Good question. I don't know. I got the bivalent booster in October, 2022. Right now, I don't meet CDC guidelines for the new monovalent booster. My decision will likely depend on any change in CDC guidelines, what I hear on Doctor Radio, and whether COVID takes off again. Right now it looks like it may be starting to take off, based on hospitalizations and emergency room visits for COVID in Texas.

The new booster is targeted towards XBB Omicron variants, which are closely related to the common (currently) EG variant. I don't think the variants that are around in a couple of months will be radically different. The BA.2.86 variant that Campbell described doesn't appear to be winning out over the others.

We may be comparing apples and oranges by the way. SpeedRacer is the most enthusiastic supporter of vaccination on the site, and you're at the other end of the spectrum. I'm in the middle, but closer to SpeedRacer. Based on what you and he have posted, I suspect he's the oldest of us, you're the youngest, and I'm in between. If I were, say, in my 30's, my interest in getting another booster would be a lot lower.

Agreed. I suspect the decline in virulence is mostly because now people have better immunity from infection and vaccination.

I agree that a person would probably have better immunity if he got the disease six months ago, versus getting a booster six months ago. On the other hand, I suspect someone who last had COVID two years ago, before Omicron, wouldn't necessarily have better protection from severe disease than someone who's had a booster in the last few months.

And how much suffering are you going to go through to get the immunity from disease instead of vaccination? Take a look at Manslut and eyecu2's experiences on the previous page. Jackie on the other hand had an easy time of it when he was infected. If memory serves me correctly, Jackie did get vaccinated while Manslut never did. It would be interesting to know if Manslut previously had COVID, before his recent infection.

As Speed Racer's link says,

“Vaccination is the safest way to acquire immunity, whereas acquiring natural immunity must be weighed against the risks of severe illness and death associated with the initial infection,” says lead author Dr Stephen Lim from the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) at the University of Washington’s School of Medicine, USA.

Now, how much of an issue is this really, given all of us have immunity from the disease and/or vaccination? I don't know. But someone who's immune compromised or over, say, 65, who last had COVID in 2020 and never got vaccinated afterwards would probably be well advised to get the shot.

I had COVID in January. It was three days of post nasal drip. I've never had a flu shot in my life. Had a flu around 45 years ago at @ 20.
Naturally aquired immunity is polyclonal. The vaccine is monoclonal. Natural is better.
Ducbutter is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women