Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70469
biomed160988
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453028
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47748
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-28-2014, 11:15 AM   #31
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
I disagree totally. What I do agree with is you BELIEVE you are safer with a gun. Think you are safer in your home with a gun? It is more likely that a homeowner's gun will be used to kill an innocent person rather than used in protecting his home from a would-b criminal. But feel free to live in your delusional world.
I know that reading flat words on a screen doesn't lend itself to total understanding but you seem to have a zealousness tinged with arrogance
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:35 AM   #32
CJ7
Valued Poster

I feel more secure with my guns being there when I'm home than the person/s do/does entering my home uninvited
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:36 AM   #33
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
I feel more secure with my guns being there when I'm home than the person/s do/does entering my home uninvited
you have surprised me
Old 01-28-2014, 11:55 AM   #34
CJ7
Valued Poster

not as surprised as you'd be when that little red dot from my crimson trace came to rest on the second button below your collar

CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:08 PM   #35
dtymh55
Valued Poster

911, Government Sponsored DIAL A PRAYER.!!
dtymh55 is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:15 PM   #36
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default thats the jeep ive come to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
not as surprised as you'd be when that little red dot from my crimson trace came to rest on the second button below your collar

now your returning to type...not the defending of your home..the loving obnoxiousness..lol
Old 01-28-2014, 12:28 PM   #37
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
now your returning to type...not the defending of your home..the loving obnoxiousness..lol
actually, my type is a 12 ga 3" mag loaded with 4 shot for home defense... results are indeed, obnoxious
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:31 PM   #38
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
I disagree totally. What I do agree with is you BELIEVE you are safer with a gun. Think you are safer in your home with a gun? It is more likely that a homeowner's gun will be used to kill an innocent person rather than used in protecting his home from a would-b criminal. But feel free to live in your delusional world.

You make a lot of claims without citation but this little gem has been completely discredited.

Here, http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcdgaga.html, maybe this will help. This "study" was fatally flawed by the two doctors who did. Biggest flaw is that they NEVER looked at the likelihood of self defense but only the actions resulting in death. They overlooked suicides that are much more likely than murders or accidental deaths.

They survey was of only one county in one state (Washington).
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:43 PM   #39
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
I know that reading flat words on a screen doesn't lend itself to total understanding but you seem to have a zealousness tinged with arrogance
I try to understand the laws that pertain to me and I try to understand the realities of the world in which we live. Some people tend to ignore those realities.
SpeedRacerXXX is online now   Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:48 PM   #40
CJ7
Valued Poster

the vast majority of gun owners will never need a gun for home defense

the vast majority of guns kept in homes will never make it outside the home to kill innocent people
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:18 PM   #41
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
You make a lot of claims without citation but this little gem has been completely discredited.

Here, http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcdgaga.html, maybe this will help. This "study" was fatally flawed by the two doctors who did. Biggest flaw is that they NEVER looked at the likelihood of self defense but only the actions resulting in death. They overlooked suicides that are much more likely than murders or accidental deaths.

They survey was of only one county in one state (Washington).
This was indeed a flawed study but even the articles cited to downplay the results of the study make statements such as this:

"Based on the evidence currently available, it appears that gun ownership is associated with a net increase in the risk of death for a typical individual.
"

Try reading this article published in 2004 if you care to not believe the Kellerman study:

http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/160/10/929.full

An extract from the article:

"Those persons with guns in the home were at greater risk than those without guns in
the home of dying from a homicide in the home."

Or this one:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/13/gun-violence-study_n_3924063.html

An extract from the article, which was published in September 2013"

"A new study of gun violence published by the American Journal of Public Health found that states with greater levels of gun ownership tend to have higher rates of gun-related murder."

Or this one:

http://www.minnpost.com/second-opinion/2012/12/health-risk-having-gun-home

An extract from the article which was published in December 2012.

"Having a gun in your home significantly increases your risk of death — and that of your spouse and children.

And it doesn’t matter how the guns are stored or what type or how many guns you own.

If you have a gun, everybody in your home is more likely than your non-gun-owning neighbors and their families to die in a gun-related accident, suicide or homicide."

And in the article I already cited:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/study-guns-in-home-increase-suicide-homicide-risk/

Look, I am not trying to convince you or any others who think like you do that you should get rid of all the arms you have in your home. That is a personal choice which I support. But it would be nice if people who do own a gun for protection of their home understand that it is more likely that the gun will be used against the homeowner or his/her family than it will be in protecting the homeowner. However, if you have any articles at all to cite that support your point of view I would love to see them
Old 01-28-2014, 02:03 PM   #42
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Everyone in the neighborhood who have bath tubs and showers are at a higher risk of dying from a slip and fall while walking from the tub or shower on a wet, tile floor than those families who do not have tubs and showers in their homes.

That's what my study shows.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:14 PM   #43
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Everyone in the neighborhood who have bath tubs and showers are at a higher risk of dying from a slip and fall while walking from the tub or shower on a wet, tile floor than those families who do not have tubs and showers in their homes.

That's what my study shows.
You would probably be the resident expert on such subjects. At least you've finally found something in which you are considered to be an "expert". If ignorance is indeed bliss, you must be a very happy man.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:22 PM   #44
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I performed my own study. I have had guns in my house for almost 40 years, my brother for almost 40 years, my father for 50 years, my uncle for 60 years, my other uncle for 60 years, my other uncle for 60 years, my sister for over 30 years. The number of guns between us is in the hundreds and no one, NO ONE has ever been injured, killed, or committed suicide by any of these guns either on purpose or accidentally. How about that survey?

If you want I can include my co-workers, friends, and other family members in the next survey.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:27 PM   #45
CJ7
Valued Poster

guns
politics
religion
abortion

and most everything else in life has two sides, for or against
CJ7 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies