Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160589
Yssup Rider59937
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47555
pyramider46370
bambino40328
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35390
Mojojo33117

Old 12-13-2010, 07:36 PM   #31
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
Agreed. However, as has been pointed out elsewhere this would require a significant upgrade of the workforce with a significant investment in training and a significant increase in the workforce to make it feasible in the US just in terms of the volume of passengers and the number of airports. And the Israelis do FAR more than just profiling.
How about:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Two words: Registered Travelers
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:32 PM   #32
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Agreed. However, as has been pointed out elsewhere this would require a significant upgrade of the workforce with a significant investment in training and a significant increase in the workforce to make it feasible in the US just in terms of the volume of passengers and the number of airports. And the Israelis do FAR more than just profiling.
This is assuming a continuation of an overly bureacratic government program. The private sector could acheive all of the items in your response at a cheaper rate.
DFW5Traveler is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:24 PM   #33
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW5Traveler View Post
This is assuming a continuation of an overly bureacratic government program. The private sector could acheive all of the items in your response at a cheaper rate.
Even if they could the cost would likely far exceed what TSA airport staff costs today just because of the extra expense for trained staff and the numbers that would be required. Combine it with a Registered Traveler Program that is done in a way that any regular traveler would be insane not to join it (and they account for a huge percentage of travel) and maybe ....
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:08 PM   #34
Sa_artman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke Two words: Registered Travelers:
Quote:
Passengers will voluntarily pay a fee and submit to a background check to become a Registered Traveler...In order to prevent a terrorist with a clean background from compromising the system, the TSA requires that registered travelers undergo the normal TSA screening (baggage x-ray and personal metal detector), at the RT kiosk checkpoint. Additionally, Registered Travelers are not exempt from random secondary screening and may not bring prohibited items into secure areas of terminals.
So, we pay an additional fee on top of the usual air fare so we can be harassed? Now that's enterprising capitalism at work!
Sa_artman is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:12 AM   #35
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

PJ, what about the argument that the registered traveler program would create more problems than it would solve by allowing a Muslim extremist, either foreign or domestic born, to pass the RT test and therefore be subject to lesser screening when boarding? I think that is a compelling argument.

Frankly, I think we expect an unrealistic level of safety. There are just some inherent risks that we can't eliminate and maybe one airliner going down every four or five years is inevitable. But I'm not sure that a registered traveler program doesn't create more holes than it closes.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:40 AM   #36
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa_artman View Post
So, we pay an additional fee on top of the usual air fare so we can be harassed? Now that's enterprising capitalism at work!
Yeah, that why the Registered Traveler system never caught on enough. My point was figure out a way to do it so it saves time and gets RT out of those checks.
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:24 AM   #37
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
PJ, what about the argument that the registered traveler program would create more problems than it would solve by allowing a Muslim extremist, either foreign or domestic born, to pass the RT test and therefore be subject to lesser screening when boarding? I think that is a compelling argument.

Frankly, I think we expect an unrealistic level of safety. There are just some inherent risks that we can't eliminate and maybe one airliner going down every four or five years is inevitable. But I'm not sure that a registered traveler program doesn't create more holes than it closes.
That argument is bullshit! Okay, lets try a simple test. Given the fact that neither system is perfect, which is more likely to find a terrorist:

a) subjecting someone to an FBI background check; or
b) dweebs rummaging through peoples junk. Did I mention that these fucking assholes have NEVER found a terrorist in 10 years.

I'm going with a)
Old 12-14-2010, 07:24 AM   #38
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Yeah, that why the Registered Traveler system never caught on enough. My point was figure out a way to do it so it saves time and gets RT out of those checks.
+1
Old 12-14-2010, 07:44 AM   #39
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Jesus Christ people!! Reread this entire thread. We don't like the current TSA screening process. We don't want to be subjected to an FBI background check to get to be an approved traveler. We don't want to profile.

I guess what we really want is to go back to the old days of buying a ticket and getting on a plane. Folks like TTH will be licking their chops at that. Because when that turns out bad, they'll be the first ones standing in the court house saying "Somebody needed to protect this poor family that just got blown to smithereens".

"What about the argument that the registered traveler program would create more problems than it would solve by allowing a Muslim extremist, either foreign or domestic born, to pass the RT test and therefore be subject to lesser screening when boarding?"

Are you kidding me? Well here's the answer...Then that Muslim extremist will get on the plane, through the lesser screening process, and blow the MoFo plane out of the sky. Allrighty then!! Next question.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:07 AM   #40
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Frankly, I think we expect an unrealistic level of safety. There are just some inherent risks that we can't eliminate .
Exactly.

People want more security and smaller government. Those things do not go hand and hand. Frankly, I find the right wing the most hypocritical on these issues. The left seem to have no trouble with expanding government, the right screams they want one thing yet their actions point to something entirely different.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:00 AM   #41
Sa_artman
Valued Poster

Soon we'll all start ratting each other out, peeping out window shades, and oh wait...your not a Christian? Let me call the local thought police to haul you away. Maybe a registered travelers bar code we all have to have tattooed on our ass to make identification easy. Utopia here we come.

It's plain and simple. Current TSA practices have gotten out of hand, but nothing is going to stop a terrorist that is determined. Hell, they can practically walk their shit across either one of our borders.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:39 AM   #42
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Two words: Registered Travelers
If we send the Registered Travelers Registered Mail then we boost the Post Office's budget. LOL

Quote:

OK, I can see both sides of this issue.

First, there ought to be a way for frequent travelers to start with a level of trust that allows them to short-circuit screening that not-so-frequent travelers go through. And the FBI background check makes some sense, but just because someone passes the background check at a certain point in time doesn't mean they don't change or will pass a year later. So, it depends on how the RT program is run and how often the background check is repeated.

Second, if we do establish a RT program, it will be one of the premier places terrorists will test. They will look for the weak spots in the system and test those weak spots until they succeed. So, it would probably depend on how the RT program is run whether or not it would be successful.

And I believe prior to 9/11, the last plane hijacked in the US was more than a decade before. And there hasn't been one since. So that's more than a decade before, and nearly a decade after.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:58 AM   #43
Sa_artman
Valued Poster

Default Security? There's an App for that

Here's a way to keep the budgets down...put security in the hands of soccer moms. Between a few levels of Angry Birds, they can rat out their neighbor.

http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2010/12/...ment-agencies/
Old 12-14-2010, 02:08 PM   #44
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Just forget the screening and background checks for Southwest Airlines. With their cattlecall seating process, the Texas passengers are pissed off and looking for a reason to wrestle another passenger to the ground - terrorist or not. There's a reason a SW Airlines flight has never been hijacked.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:24 PM   #45
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa_artman View Post
Hell, they can practically walk their shit across either one of our borders.
I suspect they have. Or maybe they are too afraid of running afoul of the drug cartels.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women