Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70426
biomed160661
Yssup Rider59988
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47593
pyramider46370
bambino40334
CryptKicker37087
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35417
Mojojo33117

Old 03-31-2012, 10:34 AM   #31
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raa1965 View Post
Its truly amazing how smug and condending you come off all the time...

I think...if you have read my posts...I mentioned that you can call it subsidies or tax credits...still...they are not paying the fair amount...I believe in capitalism...not croney capitalism...the free market model dictates...the company accepts the cost and risk to get the reward...$$$

I think any subsidy...is a un fair burden on the taxpayers...you mention lowering the federal gas tax...so....my trying to be stupid....where do you think funds to maintain the highway system come from???

Now...i agree the federal portion of taxes on gas should be lower...since much of the tax collected goes to other things than road repair...so....mr genius...how about you come up with a way to get your robber baron buddies in washington to set the tax for road repairs only...and then they can cut it...i would definately support that tax cut....
Well, to be fair, Obama is playing chrony capitalism to the N'th degree. The rest of the bill shows who is campaign donors are. He even tried to sneak the algae solution in there.

Repeal Big Oil Tax Subsidies Act - Amends the Internal Revenue Code to extend through 2012: (1) the tax credit for residential energy efficiency improvement expenditures, (2) the tax credit for the purchase of plug-in electric vehicles, (3) the tax credit for alternative fuel vehicle refueling property expenditures, (4) the income and excise tax credits for biodiesel and renewable diesel used as fuel and fuel mixtures, (5) the tax credit for production of electricity from refined coal production facilities, (6) the tax credit for the construction of new energy-efficient homes, (7) the tax credit for energy-efficient appliances, (8) the suspension of the income limitation on percentage depletion for oil and gas from marginal wells, (9) the excise tax credit for alternative fuels and fuel mixtures, and (10) the tax credit for mine rescue team training expenditures and the election to expense mine safety equipment. Extends through 2013: (1) the cellulosic biofuel producer tax credit, and (2) the special depreciation allowance for cellulosic biofuel plant property. Extends the tax credit for the production of electricity from wind resources through 2013 and from other renewable resources through 2014. Allows an increase in such credit for production from Indian coal facilities. Extends the tax credit for investment in wind facilities through 2013 and for investment in offshore facilities using wind to produce electricity through 2014. Increases the allocation of credits under the qualifying advanced energy project (i.e., the project for the production of renewable and alternative energy resources). Amends the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 to extend through 2012 the grant program for investment in renewable energy resources in lieu of tax credits. Modifies the definition of "cellulosic biofuel," for purposes of the cellulosic biofuel producer tax credit and the bonus depreciation allowance, to mean any liquid fuel which is derived solely by, or from, qualified feedstocks. Defines "qualified feedstocks" as any lignocellulosic or hemicellulosic matter that is available on a renewable or recurring basis and any cultivated algae, cyanobacteria, or lemna.
nwarounder is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:57 PM   #32
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post

You want the price to go down?..then create more sources.

You really have no clue as to why the prices go up or down do you?

Please read this:

The main culprits have been with us for more than 29 years, and they aren’t the threats to Middle East oil or from Iran to close the Strait of Hormuz — through which 20 percent of Middle East oil transits. No, the real culprits are commodities traders at the New York Commodities Exchange who buy and sell futures contracts of crude oil and refined gasoline.

Now, it’s understandable for big consumers of oil and gasoline to hedge their bets on the future cost of a commodity that ranks as the number one or two expense in their day-to-day operations. Think about an airline, freight company, railroad or utility company and you begin to understand who the legitimate players in this field might be. Heck, imagine the amount of gasoline a corporation such as Freedom Communications, the parent company of The Daily News, burns daily throughout the United States.

But not everyone engaged in the buying and selling of commodity futures — related to oil and gasoline — is an end-user of petroleum products. In fact, they may only claim ownership for a fraction of a second.

It’s estimated that more than 60 percent of the contracts traded daily for oil and gas futures are done so between people who never intend to take delivery of the commodity, unlike airlines or freight companies that use the futures’ market to hedge against price spikes in the future.

The trading floor of the NYMEX has been described as a human brain processing up-to-the-minute information such as geo-political strife around the world, economic data and weather, etc. Using this data, traders place bets on the effects of the perceived future supply and demand of crude oil and gasoline.

Crude oil futures have been traded this way since March 30, 1983. Until then, more than two out of three barrels of crude oil sold on the world market were produced by countries affiliated with the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, a global cartel. Now, because of advances in drilling technologies, the United States purchases less than 50 percent of its daily crude from foreign countries.

But oil and gasoline are worldwide commodities, regardless of where oil is pulled out of the ground or where gasoline is refined.

When the price of the contract settles at the end of the trading day, it becomes the indexed price used around the world for a barrel of oil or a gallon of gas — regardless of actual supply and demand. When the price settles higher, motorists usually see an immediate rise in the price they pay at the pump. When futures’ prices recede, the savings at the pump takes a longer to be actualized. It can be debated why this phenomenon exists.

Are retail gasoline stations colluding on prices? I don’t think so. I believe they work on slim margins — somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 cents per gallon — so when prices recede, they ratchet the price downward slowly as they are still at the mercy of wholesalers who set the price retail gasoline dealers pay.

Gasoline consumers in Swansboro have seen regular gasoline prices above $3 a gallon since Jan. 5, 2011. This streak of 446 days has eaten away at household budgets and caused many people to make a choice of driving fewer days and spending less money on other discretionary items such as vacations, movies or a dinner at a local restaurant.

And now the headlines blare and the energy analysts predict this nation’s average gas price will surpass $4 a gallon by spring. Remember, we were over that symbolic point for six days in July 2008, when prices nudged above $4 to settle in at $4.019. But by Oct. 17, they had dropped to under $3 to $2.979 and fell further over the next 30 days to be sold at $1.999 a gallon.

Will we ever see gasoline prices again under $3 or $2 a gallon? Perhaps, but the drop in price will not be achieved by opening up more land to explore or even drilling more. Crude oil extracted from the ground today or refined gasoline delivered to your neighborhood station today will automatically be priced by the contracts traded on the NYMEX and world markets.

If President Obama wants to do something about rising gas prices, he should begin focusing the discussion on the effects speculators have on the price of crude oil and gasoline.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:08 AM   #33
Raa1965
Premium Access

Encounters: 18

Wow.....bravo...sincerily...I wish i could have come up with something so concise and articulate....

Might I be so bold to add on to you mention of new area and/or sources...to long term ...insure oil products being avail...as a country...we have work at finding multiple alternative soucres...including natural gas, hydrogen,wind, solar, geo-thermo, water, even algae oil and yes nuclear power...not one will soley replace petroleum...but all together they will help reduce using up a relatively finite resource...

I'm sure there will be some who attack the following statement, just to be contrary...but we need to find alternatives to petroleum...most reasonable people understand that at some point..we reach a point that the oil reserves will be on a downward slope as far as supply...

And in keeping with your post...all those together COULD be a starting point that takes some of the unreasonable pressure and drive for profits at all cost...on oil...

I apologize for not being a succienct as yourself when maybe my points...
Raa1965 is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #34
Guest030824
Account Disabled

Encounters: 26

All of the alternate power sources rely on battery's. If money is to be spent on research then find better batterys.
Guest030824 is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #35
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Big Louie....I don't believe I said a thing about why prices go up and down.

Do you also not read the your own cut and pastes?
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #36
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Big Louie....I don't believe I said a thing about why prices go up and down.
Your exact words were
Quote:
You want the price to go down?..then create more sources.
You imply that creating more sources will cause the prices to go down and my reply indicated that finding more sources will have little effect on prices and will certainly not cause them to go down. The U.S. is currently producing more oil that it can use and has become a net exporter again, so why do prices still go up? Answer me that Your Holiness.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #37
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

November 7th gas prices will go down.
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:00 AM   #38
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
Your exact words were

You imply that creating more sources will cause the prices to go down and my reply indicated that finding more sources will have little effect on prices and will certainly not cause them to go down. The U.S. is currently producing more oil that it can use and has become a net exporter again, so why do prices still go up? Answer me that Your Holiness.
Read my exact words again. Is there anything at all about why prices go up? My remark had nothing to do with your reply.

But it is a fact that if more sources are developed, or even started, it would drive down speculation even before factors such as supply and demand. History has proven it.

BL...why do you think they are considering releasing oil out of our reserves? And why do you thing countries like Saudi would cut their own production if we did?

It's not rocket science.

You're wrong as usual Louie.

You Obama apologists kill me.

"The U.S. is currently producing more oil that it can use and has become a net exporter again, so why do prices still go up?"

Really BL? I think you need to check your facts on that one LOL!
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:07 AM   #39
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

"The U.S. is currently producing more oil that it can use and has become a net exporter again, so why do prices still go up?"

Really BL? I think you need to check your facts on that one LOL!
Not sure if folks understand that the price of gasoline and oil is a global Supply /Demand. Do you understand that producing more oil will not markedly affect the price at the pump if we turn around and refine and ship it overseas? It will though really help Big Oil's bottom line. Now if you want to tax more our own natural recources that we are shipping overseas and pay down the debt. I'm all for that. But I am not for letting private co drill on public lands to make record profit and have folks like the Kock Brother convince idiots like you that they are taxed to high.

http://www.bing.com/search?pc=Z152&f...ing%20gasoline

NEW YORK (AP) — For the first time, the top export of the United States, the world's biggest gas guzzler, is — wait for it — fuel.
Measured in dollars, the nation is on pace this year to ship more gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel than any other single export, according to U.S. Census data going back to 1990. It will also be the first year in more than 60 that America has been a net exporter of these fuels.
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women