Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59942
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47561
pyramider46370
bambino40331
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35397
Mojojo33117

Old 07-19-2022, 08:13 PM   #31
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Preston View Post
Now--- no offense but....

It always strikes me funny how much some people care about those who are struggling when the opposition party is in power.. but when they are in power its "Pull yourselves up by your bootstraps".

I don't take offense to either message-- but I'm just saying... be consistent.
Joe Biden can't have his cake and eat it to. If you want to discourage the use of fossil fuels, the best way to do it, by far, is with higher prices, achieved with a carbon tax or by other means. Let the markets do the job instead of trying to use government mandates, which often backfire.

There's something hypocritical about Biden's criticism of price gouging by oil companies, when he and John Kerry and many of the progressives working in his administration would dearly love to see higher price levels for fossil fuels, to discourage consumption, if only that didn't interfere with his prospects for re-election.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 08:19 PM   #32
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews

I honestly don't think Biden gives an actual fuck about fossil fuels... I think its more of a play to get the more progressive dems on his side-- he needs their numbers.

I do have an issue with the actions of the oil companies-- because I know enough from the inside to know its intentional. They want their lower regulation buddies back in office and will gouge to get it done. If they manage to turn the House red-- prices will drop without a single action being taken by Congress--- watch.

Its all a fucking shell game. This is why I'm more about hard data than I am about party loyalty. They're two wings of the same damn bird-- people spend MILLIONS to get those jobs. They aren't spending that kind of money because they "love their country". Its possibly the quickest path to wealth in this country.
Grace Preston is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 09:56 PM   #33
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Joe Biden can't have his cake and eat it to. If you want to discourage the use of fossil fuels, the best way to do it, by far, is with higher prices, achieved with a carbon tax or by other means. Let the markets do the job instead of trying to use government mandates, which often backfire.

There's something hypocritical about Biden's criticism of price gouging by oil companies, when he and John Kerry and many of the progressives working in his administration would dearly love to see higher price levels for fossil fuels, to discourage consumption, if only that didn't interfere with his prospects for re-election.
Biden doesn't like Cake, but he loves Ice Creme, lol.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 12:39 PM   #34
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Quote:
I honestly don't think Biden gives an actual fuck about fossil fuels... I think its more of a play to get the more progressive dems on his side-- he needs their numbers.

I do have an issue with the actions of the oil companies-- because I know enough from the inside to know its intentional. They want their lower regulation buddies back in office and will gouge to get it done. If they manage to turn the House red-- prices will drop without a single action being taken by Congress--- watch.

Its all a fucking shell game. This is why I'm more about hard data than I am about party loyalty. They're two wings of the same damn bird-- people spend MILLIONS to get those jobs. They aren't spending that kind of money because they "love their country". Its possibly the quickest path to wealth in this country.

Grace, do you think a President and his party telling oil and gas executives, that he will put them out of business, has anything to do with the reluctance of oil and gas companies to spend millions, billions in investments into an industry one party in this country has promised to end?

But you just have to laugh at hearing Biden say we need more refining capacity!! For what, a product you want to stop? Geezz.
HedonistForever is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 12:47 PM   #35
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews

That's what I'm saying-- Biden doesn't actually want to end the industry.. he's an old schooler-- he's just saying what he thinks the far progressives want to hear.

This is the same man who is responsible for the crime bill-- and who is responsible for the reason why we cannot discharge student loans in Bankruptcy. Not exactly a shining example of todays modern liberal.
Grace Preston is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 01:05 PM   #36
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Quote:
That's what I'm saying-- Biden doesn't actually want to end the industry.. he's an old schooler-- he's just saying what he thinks the far progressives want to hear.

This is the same man who is responsible for the crime bill-- and who is responsible for the reason why we cannot discharge student loans in Bankruptcy. Not exactly a shining example of todays modern liberal.

For someone who doesn't actually want to end the industry, he sure is convincing. To me he comes across on this issue as the one thing he believes in more than biological males should compete against biological females and he REALLY believes that.

I know in the past Joe didn't believe all the crap he spouts, I've seen the clips but I think his capacity for thoughtful thinking has degraded to a point that he now DOES actually believe what he is saying and has no memory at all of what he has said in the past or he would be to embarrassed to keep going with this nonsense.

I imagine Joe starting everyday with Susan Rice right by his side when he asks "what is it I'm suppose to believe today"? Then Rice will get on the phone to Obama who will tell Rice, what she should tell Biden. Don't worry folks, Obama has all this worked out except for the fact that out of office he is losing more voters than when he was in office.
HedonistForever is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 01:32 PM   #37
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedonistForever View Post
Grace, do you think a President and his party telling oil and gas executives, that he will put them out of business, has anything to do with the reluctance of oil and gas companies to spend millions, billions in investments into an industry one party in this country has promised to end?

I'm not Grace but the simple answer is no.

What one says to get elected is not how investors should allocate their money. Follow their actions. Had you and Tiny done that instead of crying about wtf Biden says/said....you'd have a ton more energy stocks!

Someone tell Tiny that Biden has talked about reducing the Federal gas tax, not increasing it.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 03:01 PM   #38
tman1847
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6
Default 201 Days of 401K and 529 Plans value being destroyed

35 Straight Days of Falling Gas Prices
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
Thanks Joe Biden. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Joe Biden. Keep up the good work.
tman1847 is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 04:18 PM   #39
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 41

Actually unless you’re retiring tomorrow you 401K will be in great shape. Buying low now for it to go up later. If your on the verge of retirement if you started 20+ years ago you’re doing great. Hence I presume you’re just typing dumb shit to feel smart Tman
1blackman1 is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 05:03 PM   #40
tman1847
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
Actually unless you’re retiring tomorrow you 401K will be in great shape. Buying low now for it to go up later. If your on the verge of retirement if you started 20+ years ago you’re doing great. Hence I presume you’re just typing dumb shit to feel smart Tman
Fact of the matter is I'm 80% retired. Fact of the matter is in 7 months I've lost a ton of money I worked my ass off to accumulate. Fact is my grandchildren's college funds have all taken a serious hit.

Plan was for my kids and grandkids to be shocked when they saw what dad left them.

I can easily afford a couple 100 a month more for food and gas, but we have all taken some serious hits on 401K's.

Be fair, if your going to thank Joe for gas prices decreasing, thank him for everything he's done.

Article today quoted NYC and DC are complaining they don't have the facilities to handle the bus loads of migrants being sent to their cities. I bet the good people of Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and Cali are laughing their ass off
Old 07-20-2022, 05:27 PM   #41
tman1847
Valued Poster

1Blackman1 let me ask you a question

If I understand correctly your an attorney, the company I owned, half our customer were law firms. Single practitioners, small and firms with 200+ attorneys.

Every year the large firms hire 30-40 or more "interns". Start them at 100K+ and Work them to death, and if they don't show promise, they show them the door.

If you were the managing partner of a 50 attorney law firm and hired an experienced attorney (40+ years) and 18 months later he was doing the kind of job Joe's done would you still employ him
Old 07-20-2022, 05:46 PM   #42
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by tman1847 View Post
Fact of the matter is I'm 80% retired. Fact of the matter is in 7 months I've lost a ton of money I worked my ass off to accumulate. Fact is my grandchildren's college funds have all taken a serious hit.

Plan was for my kids and grandkids to be shocked when they saw what dad left them.

I can easily afford a couple 100 a month more for food and gas, but we have all taken some serious hits on 401K's.

Be fair, if your going to thank Joe for gas prices decreasing, thank him for everything he's done.

Article today quoted NYC and DC are complaining they don't have the facilities to handle the bus loads of migrants being sent to their cities. I bet the good people of Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and Cali are laughing their ass off
I've made good money this year in the market.Real good money up until last month.

Maybe you should fire your money Manger.

And if you can't afford loses in the market...you shouldn't be invested in it.

Lastly, do you think we should have continued with QE and Zero interest rates?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 08:46 PM   #43
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post

What one says to get elected is not how investors should allocate their money. Follow their actions. Had you and Tiny done that instead of crying about wtf Biden says/said....you'd have a ton more energy stocks!

Someone tell Tiny that Biden has talked about reducing the Federal gas tax, not increasing it.
A ton more energy stocks? I'm already pregnant with energy.

And thank goodness for Joe Manchin! Otherwise Biden and the Progressives would be making real progress towards their goal to put our companies out of business.

When the Democrats were looking for a way wring more tax revenue out of the Build Back Better bill, there was a carbon tax being floated that would have decimated one of the companies I own shares in. Sinema was on board. Manchin was not.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 12:26 AM   #44
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedonistForever View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post

What one says to get elected is not how investors should allocate their money...

Hedo wasn't talking about investors in energy stocks. He was asking how "oil and gas executives" are reacting. They're the ones who decide whether, when and where to spend company funds on E&P and new capital projects.

You should have just stfu and let Grace try to answer the question. But you always have to pretend you're a know-it-all, dontcha?
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 06:51 AM   #45
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tman1847 View Post

You clearly have no clue how 401Ks work or the stock market for that matter.

I’ll give you an extreme but easy example.

Day 1 I buy stocks for $10
Day 100 the value of the stock is $200
I’ve done nothing but watch it rise and contributed nothing to its increase.
Day 150 the stock drops to $80 and I sell it.

Guess what, I didn’t lose $120. I actually still made $70.

Unless you have the worst asset manager in the world, you retirement funds are worth significantly more today than what you actually paid in.
1blackman1 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women