Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70439
biomed160768
Yssup Rider60121
gman4452954
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47643
pyramider46370
bambino40366
CryptKicker37099
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35481
Mojojo33117

Old 01-25-2017, 07:14 AM   #31
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
Waiting on the Texas legislature to finally recognize that Constitutional carry is the law and our right.
Anything else is an infringement.
Just read the 10th Amendment.
Cases brought through the court system disagree with your statement that Constitutional Carry is a right. States have been given the right to require CHLs in order to carry concealed handguns. All cases challenging that right have been defeated in the courts.
SpeedRacerXXX is online now   Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 07:30 AM   #32
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post

The shooter is "responsible" for the destination of the round.
When I took my LTC class a year ago, a guy sold insurance to most of the attendees that covered legal costs associated with use of the fire arm.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 07:35 AM   #33
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
When I took my LTC class a year ago, a guy sold insurance to most of the attendees that covered legal costs associated with use of the fire arm.
Did you read the policy "exceptions"?

IMO if the carrier is willing to provide an attorney pursuant to the policy with a "reservations of rights" letter disclaiming any responsibility for a judgment against the policy holder, then the insurance is probably worth the premium as a "pre-paid legal fee" policy. Defending a civil case against a shooting could cost $50,000 - $100,000 in legal fees and expenses ... then perhaps the expense of an appeal.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 07:37 AM   #34
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
States have been given the right to require CHLs in order to carry concealed handguns.
Who or what "gave" the States "the right to require CHLs in order to carry concealed handguns."

You liberals all think alike it seems. When you think!

I'll try to make it simple for you:

http://www.gunlaws.com/ConstitutionalCarryIndex.htm

11 STATES WITH CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY
(in chronological order):

"Vermont has had Constitutional Carry since the nation's founding in 1791 -- they never enacted any law banning the right to discreetly bear arms.

"Montana enacted Constitutional Carry in 1991, for all areas outside city limits (99.4% of the state), and is working on the rest.

"Alaska enacted Constitutional Carry in 2003.

"Texas enacted Constitutional Carry "light" in 2007.
as the "Motorist Protection Act," freeing people to carry in their vehicles, and to and from their vehicles and their homes, land or business.

[A Texas bill is to be introduced this year (2017) for full "Constitutional Carry"]

"Arizona got full Constitutional Carry in 2010, and the sky has not fallen, despite desperate fears to the contrary.

"Wyoming enacted Constitutional Carry for residents in 2011.

"Arkansas passed HB1700 (Act 746) on August 16, 2013 to get Constitutional Carry.

"Kansas pushed Constitutional Carry through with widespread support in 2015.

"West Virginia had to override the Governor's veto to pass the law in early March 2016.

"Idaho pushed it through and got it signed later in March 2016.

"Mississippi succeeded in enacting Constitutional Carry in April 2016."

Possessing and/or carrying a weapon, both by Feds and States, can be "controlled" just like many "Constitutional Rights" if the individual is a "convicted felon" and/or has some other "impediment" ... as well as restricting places where firearms may be possessed and/or carried .. or their manner .... That doesn't mean it's not "Constitutional Carry" as that term is generally used in the discussion.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:17 AM   #35
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Who or what "gave" the States "the right to require CHLs in order to carry concealed handguns."

You liberals all think alike it seems. When you think!

I'll try to make it simple for you:

http://www.gunlaws.com/ConstitutionalCarryIndex.htm

11 STATES WITH CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY
(in chronological order):

"Vermont has had Constitutional Carry since the nation's founding in 1791 -- they never enacted any law banning the right to discreetly bear arms.

"Montana enacted Constitutional Carry in 1991, for all areas outside city limits (99.4% of the state), and is working on the rest.

"Alaska enacted Constitutional Carry in 2003.

"Texas enacted Constitutional Carry "light" in 2007.
as the "Motorist Protection Act," freeing people to carry in their vehicles, and to and from their vehicles and their homes, land or business.

[A Texas bill is to be introduced this year (2017) for full "Constitutional Carry"]

"Arizona got full Constitutional Carry in 2010, and the sky has not fallen, despite desperate fears to the contrary.

"Wyoming enacted Constitutional Carry for residents in 2011.

"Arkansas passed HB1700 (Act 746) on August 16, 2013 to get Constitutional Carry.

"Kansas pushed Constitutional Carry through with widespread support in 2015.

"West Virginia had to override the Governor's veto to pass the law in early March 2016.

"Idaho pushed it through and got it signed later in March 2016.

"Mississippi succeeded in enacting Constitutional Carry in April 2016."

Possessing and/or carrying a weapon, both by Feds and States, can be "controlled" just like many "Constitutional Rights" if the individual is a "convicted felon" and/or has some other "impediment" ... as well as restricting places where firearms may be possessed and/or carried .. or their manner .... That doesn't mean it's not "Constitutional Carry" as that term is generally used in the discussion.
Ignorant redneck hillbilly.

SCOTUS did.

Your post proves exactly what I said. States have the right to require or not require CHLs in order to carry a concealed handgun. The states mentioned above now allow Constitutional Carry, but it took a law being passed in order to allow it. If a law is needed, it can't be a right guaranteed to anyone by the Second Amendment.

As stated in the majority opinion in McDonald v. Chicago:

"The 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear firearms is not absolute and a wide range of gun control laws remain “presumptively lawful,” according to the Court. These include laws that (1) prohibit carrying concealed weapons, (2) prohibit gun possession by felons or the mentally ill, (3) prohibit carrying firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, (4) impose “conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms,” (5) prohibit “dangerous and unusual weapons,” and (6) regulate firearm storage to prevent accidents."

So according to SCOTUS, states have the right to enact laws that require a CHL in order to conceal carry.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:31 AM   #36
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
[B]Ignorant redneck hillbilly.

SCOTUS did.
Wrong, again, on both counts. I already explained to you, duffus, I have more education than you do, and in this topic more experience!!! Even your own fucking post proves you wrong!

Go argue with your wife, if she'll talk to you!

"states have the right" .... SCOTUS didn't give 'em shit!

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." 10th Amendment!

You are an idiot! Like I said: Liberals are full of shit!

You believe (not think) that all power flows from the Federal government ... now the SCOTUS? Give it a few months!
Old 01-25-2017, 10:08 AM   #37
hotrix1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 84
Default Less over-penetration. Home Defense Rounds

Here Melissa, if you have to use a gun to stop anyone.

Although talking about over-penetration on a hooker board would seem counter-productive.
hotrix1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 10:18 AM   #38
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

http://eccie.net/attachment.php?atta...1&d=1485364692

Self defence in the home is serious business. You don't get any more serious than this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (155.1 KB, 36 views)
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 10:46 AM   #39
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Regardless of the "flavor" one acquires to use just be prepared to explain the "why" of the weapon and ammo decision ... as part of a determination of "intent" and a "lack of negligence" (whether gross negligence or simple negligence).

(I believe "they told me on Eccie" won't "carry the day"!)
Old 01-25-2017, 11:21 AM   #40
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Wrong, again, on both counts. I already explained to you, duffus, I have more education than you do, and in this topic more experience!!! Even your own fucking post proves you wrong!

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." 10th Amendment!

You believe (not think) that all power flows from the Federal government ... now the SCOTUS? Give it a few months!
And since you exist in Texas .... even though you are afraid of firearms ...

Texas Constitution, Article 1. Bill of Rights.
"Sec. 23. RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. Every citizen shall have the right to keep and bear arms in the lawful defense of himself or the State; but the Legislature shall have power, by law, to regulate the wearing of arms, with a view to prevent crime.

The SCOTUS didn't "give" Texans shit. But since you aren't a Texan, but a fucked up Liberal carpetbagger, I can understand why it offends you that WE who are Texans are afraid of firearms.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:49 PM   #41
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:

With all this education you ckaim to have you are dumber than a door nail. Texas requires a CHL in order to carry a concealed handgun. FACT. SCOTUS did NOT give Texas that right. SCOTUS CONFIRMED that right. FACT.

Go argue with someone, anyone, who is dumb enough to simply nod their head in agreement with you.

Ignorant redneck hillbilly.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:53 PM   #42
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
With all this education you ckaim to have you are dumber than a door nail. Texas requires a CHL in order to carry a concealed handgun. FACT. SCOTUS did NOT give Texas that right. SCOTUS CONFIRMED that right. FACT.
I see your wife won't talk to you.

So you decided to change what you posted to look "CORRECT"!

No wonder she doesn't talk to you! You're an idiot AND ignorant.

And as you struggle to be relevant in the thread ... you again show your ignorance ...

"Texas requires a CHL in order to carry a concealed handgun." .... Wrong!

Texas Penal Code:
Sec. 46.02. UNLAWFUL CARRYING WEAPONS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun, ... if the person is not:

(1) on the person's own premises or premises under the person's control; or

(2) inside of or directly en route to a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the person's control.

(a-1) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun in a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the person's control at any time in which:

(1) the handgun is in plain view, unless the person is licensed to carry a handgun under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and the handgun is carried in a shoulder or belt holster;

I can carry a handgun to my vehicle in a holster and have it in a holster inside my vehicle while I'm driving around so long as it is CONCEALED (MEANING NOT "in plain view"!).

Now ... go back and play with yourself, idiot!
Old 01-25-2017, 01:13 PM   #43
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
States have been given the right to require CHLs in order to carry concealed handguns.
Quote:
.... FACT. SCOTUS did NOT give Texas that right. SCOTUS CONFIRMED that right. FACT.
And you voted for whom?
Old 01-25-2017, 02:03 PM   #44
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
I see your wife won't talk to you.

So you decided to change what you posted to look "CORRECT"!

No wonder she doesn't talk to you! You're an idiot AND ignorant.

And as you struggle to be relevant in the thread ... you again show your ignorance ...

"Texas requires a CHL in order to carry a concealed handgun." .... Wrong!

Texas Penal Code:
Sec. 46.02. UNLAWFUL CARRYING WEAPONS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun, ... if the person is not:

(1) on the person's own premises or premises under the person's control; or

(2) inside of or directly en route to a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the person's control.

(a-1) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun in a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the person's control at any time in which:

(1) the handgun is in plain view, unless the person is licensed to carry a handgun under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and the handgun is carried in a shoulder or belt holster;

I can carry a handgun to my vehicle in a holster and have it in a holster inside my vehicle while I'm driving around so long as it is CONCEALED (MEANING NOT "in plain view"!).

Now ... go back and play with yourself, idiot!
For someone who claims to be so educated, you are dumber than dirt. We are discussing one single issue here -- the requirement of a CHL in order to carry a concealed handgun on the street. Nothing else, despite your continued insistence in bringing in irrelevant information.
Not what is legal at home. Not what is legal in a car.

You damn well know what is being discussed and then try to expand the discussion to meet your needs. If you want to nit pick and say I'm wrong by pretending to not understand what I am saying it is on you. It simply shows how ignorant you really are.

Here is your statement from post #34:

" Who or what "gave" the States "the right to require CHLs in order to carry concealed handguns."

Because I didn't directly answer the "who" question but rather answered as to who confirmed that right, you got your panties in a bunch. Stick to spouting off your knowledge as to what guns and ammo you need to protect yourself as you go through your mundane life. If anyone will listen to you.
Old 01-25-2017, 02:06 PM   #45
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
And since you exist in Texas .... even though you are afraid of firearms ...

Texas Constitution, Article 1. Bill of Rights.
"Sec. 23. RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. Every citizen shall have the right to keep and bear arms in the lawful defense of himself or the State; but the Legislature shall have power, by law, to regulate the wearing of arms, with a view to prevent crime.

The SCOTUS didn't "give" Texans shit. But since you aren't a Texan, but a fucked up Liberal carpetbagger, I can understand why it offends you that WE who are Texans are afraid of firearms.
I thank God everyday that the "WE" to whom you are referring -- ignorant redneck hillbillies -- are becoming fewer and fewer in the state of Texas on an almost daily basis. I know you don't answer questions because you are so paranoid but I wonder how many Stetsons you own.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women