Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 251
Top Posters
DallasRain70466
biomed160937
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453021
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47730
pyramider46370
bambino40437
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 05-07-2019, 08:01 AM   #31
bb1961
Valued Poster

I don't think there will ever be consensus in the Democrap party... https://www.redstate.com/sister-told...fe-house-dems/
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:08 AM   #32
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Sex education in school starting at the age of 9 would go a long way in preventing abortions. And throw in some physical anthropology classes too. I'm stunned at the amount of people who still believe in Adam and Eve as the beginning of creation. Seriously, some people really believe that. Education is so lacking in schools in this area due to the right wing religious zealots. It's a real shame. Europeans don't have this issue due to their superior school system.
In Europe, it's not that big a deal as it is here in the U.S. They are more matter of fact about it. America could use some teaching lessons from the Europeans when it comes to sex. And that too is just a matter of fact.
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:55 AM   #33
grean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
Sex education in school starting at the age of 9 would go a long way in preventing abortions. And throw in some physical anthropology classes too. I'm stunned at the amount of people who still believe in Adam and Eve as the beginning of creation. Seriously, some people really believe that. Education is so lacking in schools in this area due to the right wing religious zealots. It's a real shame. Europeans don't have this issue due to their superior school system.
In Europe, it's not that big a deal as it is here in the U.S. They are more matter of fact about it. America could use some teaching lessons from the Europeans when it comes to sex. And that too is just a matter of fact.
Unfortunately, many of the same politicians who seek to ban abortion are also completely opposed to anything other than abstinence only sex ed and go completely ape shit at the notion of making condoms and other birth control more accessible.
grean is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 01:12 PM   #34
the_real_Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

That is a very small number which I think liberals keep around to use as an example of the boogy man.
the_real_Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:20 PM   #35
bb1961
Valued Poster

What stinking baby...
Beam me up Scotty...
What you talkin bout willis...
https://twitter.com/i/status/1125852136137478144
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 11:11 AM   #36
kehaar
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 3

Quote:

The concept that the European education model is superior is continuing to be demonstrated as false. One of the primary US economic drivers is its the education policies. The main characteristics of these policies are:

Parent centric decision making.
Independent thought
Actions lead to consequences
Transparency
Redundancy(failure early does not mean total failure).
Local control of the school system decision making.

The European model is the antithesis of these characteristics.

The US middle and upper class, as well as the lower class in rural areas, have the best, most cost effective, education in the world. The lower class in the cities are fucked, not because of the failure of the education system, but because of the failure of the parents. The concept that the federal government can do the job of the parents is absurd.

The left would change these policies wholesale, and turn us into Europeans. That would be a huge mistake. The failures we see now is due to these policy shifts that are being implemented.

I would point out that test scores as a measure of systemic comparative quality is not useful. Adult human productiveness is the measure to focus on.
kehaar is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 11:52 AM   #37
oeb11
Valued Poster

K- Interesting point.

I might add - the Federal busing mandate has separated minority families from the schools their children attend. Makes it very difficult for parental involvement.

One of many federal social "experiments" that have adversely affected lower socio-economic communities.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 02:04 PM   #38
MactheKat
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 4

Abortion has torn this country apart since 1973. There is no common ground between the conservative religious community and liberals who support the right of a woman to control her reproduction.

The conservative religious community has delivered political contests to Republicans in several elections, notably, to Trump in 2016. Evangelicals voted with Trump 80% over Hillary. Hillary lost the election when she pledged to use tax monies to pay for abortions.

The amount of votes Trump won several battleground states by was the Evangelical Right, and one of their primary issues is abortion.
MactheKat is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 03:03 PM   #39
the_real_Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

I take exception to your claims about the "conservative, religious community". I oppose abortion but I am hardly religious. I think that everyone has a right to be born, to live, and to be free (until they chose to screw it up).
the_real_Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 03:11 PM   #40
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
I'm going to shock a lot of people. There are women/girls who just want to get pregnant. Know a family who has a number of girls who had babies while still in high school. Vehemently anti-abortion. Not religious. Women out there who refuse to take birth control. Wouldn't make a difference if you charged $5 or gave it away for free. Or mailed it to their home. Or sent a RN out to implant a Norplant device. I'm not talking about what I've seen on "Springer." I've overheard several women say "I'm glad I had my baby when was young, I stopped being wild."

Yeah, there are a certain number of women who would benefit from an upfront health class but the reality is these chick have more than an idea. The whole "MTV I didn't know I was pregnant" is WWE for women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MactheKat View Post
Abortion has torn this country apart since 1973. There is no common ground between the conservative religious community and liberals who support the right of a woman to control her reproduction.

The conservative religious community has delivered political contests to Republicans in several elections, notably, to Trump in 2016. Evangelicals voted with Trump 80% over Hillary. Hillary lost the election when she pledged to use tax monies to pay for abortions.

The amount of votes Trump won several battleground states by was the Evangelical Right, and one of their primary issues is abortion.
Oh God. Get ahold of yourself. I'm not pro-Life and I voted for Trump. The Democratic party and Feminist groups like N.O.W. are losing women through their "Abortion on Demand" rhetoric. It's their own fault, not the Republicans or Trump. There's common ground. The big non-secret was that 45% of white women voted for Trump.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 03:19 PM   #41
lovingcamela
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 139606
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

To talk about abortion for me is to get to the underlying reason a woman seeks one and one of the biggest is money. I know we can say many things to that such as take birth control, be careful, etc., but usually it only happens once in a woman's lifetime and it effects them deeply. They are always thankful to have had the resources because they were not ready....financially. I have never heard a woman say she got an abortion because she was not emotionally ready. I think there is something very sad about this.

Recently I had a conversation with two Christian women at a the Whole Foods wine bar. I knew that an abortion conversation with them was going to go know where if we talked politics so I told my anecdotal findings about finances. "Yes!!!" they exclaimed. We could come together on that so easily. How do we make our country more child friendly? But supporting children is not big politics, it's local and small, one person at a time. Kinda sad.....

I also talked to them about the fact that abortions rates are going down every year and have been since the late 90's. I became curious about this one day when I kept hearing the word "infertility" from women more and more. Who's having abortions if everyone is infertile? It turns out twenty somethings and poor women. I could not find statistics on infertility.

I'm with Ellen, more sex education is NECESSARY. Every man should know what week a woman ovulates to begin. (Do you? Pop quiz!! lol) And the amount of pressure I had to have unprotected sex as a teenager was crazy.

Also curious about the Right to Life Movement I googled. What I learned was they also want to eradicate invitro fertilization and assisted suicide. I could not find the same website. It was years ago, but I did find the below link.

https://illinoisrighttolife.org/end-...fertilization/
lovingcamela is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 03:24 PM   #42
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

One has to wonder how many U.S. taxpayer dollars given to Planned Parenthood went to fund this woman's "hobby".

Quote:
Hate Mail for 'Abortion Addict' Author

Pro-life groups have been appalled and infuriated by a controversial book by Irene Vilar that chronicles her life as a self-professed "abortion addict," having had 15 abortions in 16 years....

In her book "Impossible Motherhood," Vilar said she "unconsciously" forgot to take birth control as an act of rebellion while married to her "controlling" husband, Syracuse University literature professor Pedro Cuperman, who didn't want children.

"Getting pregnant brought a strange feeling: I could bring it on with nobody's permission and I could interrupt it with nobody's permission," explained Vilar recently in a personal essay on Huffington Post....

Pro-choice backers have been conspicuously silent....

1 in 2 Who Have First Abortion, Have Repeat....

An estimated 50 percent of women who seek one abortion will have a repeat one, according to the Guttmacher Institute ....

Such was the case with Mary, a Florida college student who did not want to use her real name, who had her first abortion in 2006 when she was 21.

"It didn't seem like the right choice to have a baby then," she told ABCNews.com. But she got pregnant again with the same boyfriend a month later and without telling him, aborted....

After three abortions, she was left with lingering health problems and her doctor suggested she might not have a child again....

Vilar blames much of her poor choices on a hypersexualized society...

(ABC)

I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 04:38 PM   #43
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

I've been told that the majority of women having abortions already have children. Are there any statistics around that would support this statement?
txdot-guy is online now   Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 05:04 PM   #44
oeb11
Valued Poster

Why not look the matter up and do your own research.
Is One so entitled as to expect others do it for One?
Typical of entitlement issues with the DPST's
I am off topic- my apologies.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 06:33 PM   #45
gnadfly
Account Disabled

txdot also questions the "merit" of the source so make sure it's politically correct dem approved material.
gnadfly is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women