Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70438
biomed160743
Yssup Rider60108
gman4452947
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47639
pyramider46370
bambino40366
CryptKicker37099
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35476
Mojojo33117

Old 06-21-2010, 11:49 PM   #31
john_galt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbigpapa View Post
Seems as if someone conveniently forgot that Bush enacted the Patriot Act and its warrantless wiretaps, which Obama extended. Seems no one wants for us to have our freedom.
I'm glad you mentioned the Patriot Act. If you ever caught an episode of Constitution Rock then you know that Bush did not pass anything. Bush wanted the Act and the Congress wrote it up, voted on it, and gave it to him. So Hillary, Kerry, and Edwards gave the Patriot Act to Bush and he signed it. He needed it to undo some of the damage from the Clinton years like the wall between the intelligence agencies which had to come down. Okay, for seven years the Patriot Act was good enough for the GOP. Then came Obama, he and the democrats renewed the Patriot Act and then they started added other things to it (there is where you should be concerned). Some things were not done by the Congress but by an act of a Czar or Secretary. While we're on the subject; Clinton started Rendition (sending prisoners overseas for interrogation)not Bush.
To conclude; the Patriot Act was requested by Bush, created by a bipartisan Congress, and was good enough to fight terrorism for eight years. Under Obama it was extended and "improved" on by fiat.
john_galt is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:04 AM   #32
kcbigpapa
Premium Access

Encounters: 8

JG, did Bush sign the Patriot Act into law?
kcbigpapa is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:05 PM   #33
Kshunter
Premium Access

Encounters: 99

We have a "President" who has never run so much as a hot dog stand, and has managed to skate through 48 years without a position of individual responsibility and accountability. This is the result.
Kshunter is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:54 PM   #34
Cheaper2buyit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

what did you guys do were all of you of asleep when was time to vote or what obama win in huge land slide I mean he wiped mccains ass I mean their are so many people on here who don't respect obama how in the hell did he win.
Cheaper2buyit is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:38 PM   #35
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

A commanding Generalof his choice who dogs him and his advisors, a federal court that rules his ban on drilling is improper and now has the news hounds and political operatives on his case because of 15,000 dollars in investments non of which is in BP, and a group of people who still refuse to see that there are problems in camalot.
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:25 PM   #36
lacrew_2000
Account Disabled

Encounters: 36

"how in the hell did he win"

The open secret that nobody seems to want to talk about...money. He outspent McCain 8 to 1...McCain took the public financing, Obama siad he would but didn't...meaning he had unlimited campaign funds. In some battleground states, he was spending more on TV ads alone than the entire McCain expenditures in that state.

State by state, McCain had to fold his tent and leave, in order to consolidate money in fewer and fewer states.

If you remember, Obama had so much money, he didn't know how to spend it all. He had his own television station. He bought an hour of primetime on all the networks. He was paying 'volunteers' to go door to door in battleground states.

Its really that simple. Now the genie is out of the bottle, and I wouldn't expect either candidate to accept public financing next time.
lacrew_2000 is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:47 AM   #37
john_galt
Valued Poster

In South Carolina Obama bought ALL available TV time so McCain could not get any.

I never said that Bush didn't sign the Patriot Act but you were incorrect to say that it came from the White House. One for me, none for you
Old 06-23-2010, 06:30 AM   #38
Guest052813-01
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaper2buyit View Post
what did you guys do were all of you of asleep when was time to vote or what obama win in huge land slide I mean he wiped mccains ass I mean their are so many people on here who don't respect obama how in the hell did he win.
Sorry Cheaper - you are wrong again. A "landslide" victory in a presidential election is a popular vote differential of approximately 20%, or an electoral vote in which 80% of the electoral vote goes to the victor. In the 2008 election, it was a 52.9%-45.7% popular vote victory (7.2% differential - 10,000,000 vote difference out of approximately 126,000,000 votes cast) and a 68%-32% (365-173) electoral vote victory (28 states vs. 22 states) - not a landslide victory in either case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landsli...#United_States

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_el...ection_results
Guest052813-01 is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:12 AM   #39
kcbigpapa
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_galt View Post
I never said that Bush didn't sign the Patriot Act but you were incorrect to say that it came from the White House. One for me, none for you
Quote:
Seems as if someone conveniently forgot that Bush enacted the Patriot Act and its warrantless wiretaps, which Obama extended. Seems no one wants for us to have our freedom.
Point out in my above quote where I said the White House drafted the legislation for the Patriot Act. What I said was that he enacted the Patriot Act. To enact is to sign into law or make into an act/law - I expect someone that got a 99 on a... what was it, a 4th grade spelling quiz?... to know what enacted means. I believe Congress only enacts a law if/when overriding a Presidential veto. You're reading comprehension skills may need a little work. Looks like I still have a shutout going on you JG.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:18 AM   #40
kcbigpapa
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz3552 View Post
Sorry Cheaper - you are wrong again. A "landslide" victory in a presidential election is a popular vote differential of approximately 20%...
I don't think he's definitively wrong. Dictionary.com definitions of landslide are:

land·slide

1. the downward falling or sliding of a mass of soil, detritus, or rock on or from a steep slope.

2. the mass itself.

3. an election in which a particular victorious candidate or party receives an overwhelming mass or majority of votes:
the 1936 landslide for Roosevelt.

4. any overwhelming victory: She won the contest by a landslide.

It seems as if the definition is more in the eyes of the beholder. IMHO, I don't consider 2008 a landslide either by popular or electoral vote.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:13 PM   #41
Guest052813-01
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

Quote:
I don't think he's definitively wrong. Dictionary.com definitions of landslide are:

land·slide

1. the downward falling or sliding of a mass of soil, detritus, or rock on or from a steep slope.

2. the mass itself.

3. an election in which a particular victorious candidate or party receives an overwhelming mass or majority of votes:
the 1936 landslide for Roosevelt.

4. any overwhelming victory: She won the contest by a landslide.

It seems as if the definition is more in the eyes of the beholder. IMHO, I don't consider 2008 a landslide either by popular or electoral vote.
My attempt was to quantify based on historical information and common parlance, which the two links to the Wikipedia articles attempt to do.
Guest052813-01 is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:18 PM   #42
kcbigpapa
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz3552 View Post
My attempt was to quantify based on historical information and common parlance, which the two links to the Wikipedia articles attempt to do.
I wasn't saying you were wrong, but it is a word that tends to be more subjective.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:53 PM   #43
BiggestBest
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Quote:
... IMHO, I don't consider 2008 a landslide either by popular or electoral vote.
It is a landslide in comparison to how Bush beat Gore.
BiggestBest is offline   Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:07 AM   #44
john_galt
Valued Poster

When you start arguing about the meanings of words, you don't have much of an argument.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:11 PM   #45
kcbigpapa
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_galt View Post
When you start arguing about the meanings of words, you don't have much of an argument.
When you tacitly admit you don't know the meaning of words, it makes me laugh, plus it lets me know that I was right. Thanks JG. You remind me of some of those pundits, the ones that think they are smarter than they really are, that refuse to admit when they are wrong. You and Longer Monger have something in common that way. Neither of you can admit when either of you are wrong. Maybe you two are related. Do you have any love children you don't know about? Think hard, you probably have visited a lot of ports in your lifetime. But, don't worry, I'll be here to tell you when you are wrong. A hint: it's pretty much whenever you post. LOL. Here's a link below to help you out in the future. Hopefully your teacher will let you use this internet resource.

Place to go when I, John Galt, do not know what a word means

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women