Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70475
biomed161018
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453033
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47763
pyramider46370
bambino40445
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 07-27-2016, 11:42 AM   #511
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

delete
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:19 PM   #512
MT Pockets
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Again: your "opinion" when measured against their statistically based report is really of no account.
There are several reports that have different numbers. If you look at the links you gave you will see. Again the chart I posted came from your link. Its not my opinion its yours. You took the numbers you like. Also just wait till I finish the 2016 one. You are gonna look like a fool.
MT Pockets is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 02:08 PM   #513
MT Pockets
Valued Poster

Quote:
Again: your "opinion" when measured against their statistically based report is really of no account.
Let me help you. Take your Mouse a scroll over the hyperlink you posted that say's 2016 and click on it. Then scroll down and read the numbers.
Those are the numbers I posted.

Now for the officers list there.

1.and2. Deputy Sheriffs Patrick Dailey and Mark Logsdon
Killed by a Life long white crimminal that was not looking to kill a cop they responded to a call.
3. Ashley Guindon She was responding to a call not an ambush the Guy should not of had a gun but the NRA does not care. By the way the guy was active-duty Army staff sergeant assigned the Pentagon.
4. Jacai Colson
Killed by a fellow police officer named Taylor Krauss. he said he didnt know he was a cop so he shot him. Give me a fucking break he shot him because he was Black.

So where is the rest of the victims . your article only listed 4
Old 07-27-2016, 02:10 PM   #514
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Pockets View Post
There are several reports that have different numbers. If you look at the links you gave you will see. Again the chart I posted came from your link. Its not my opinion its yours. You took the numbers you like. Also just wait till I finish the 2016 one. You are gonna look like a fool.
Cite the post or the article in question. The article I cited said 15, and the chart from that article has been posted two or three times now: it shows 15.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 02:28 PM   #515
MT Pockets
Valued Poster

Quote:
Cite the post or the article in question. The article I cited said 15, and the chart from that article has been posted two or three times now: it shows 15.
I just showed you Dude
Old 07-27-2016, 02:54 PM   #516
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Let me help you. Take your Mouse a scroll over the hyperlink you posted that say's 2016 and click on it. Then scroll down and read the numbers.
Those are the numbers I posted.

Now for the officers list there.

1.and2. Deputy Sheriffs Patrick Dailey and Mark Logsdon
Killed by a Life long white crimminal that was not looking to kill a cop they responded to a call.
3. Ashley Guindon She was responding to a call not an ambush the Guy should not of had a gun but the NRA does not care. By the way the guy was active-duty Army staff sergeant assigned the Pentagon.
4. Jacai Colson
Killed by a fellow police officer named Taylor Krauss. he said he didnt know he was a cop so he shot him. Give me a fucking break he shot him because he was Black.

So where is the rest of the victims . your article only listed 4
So, you're going to embarrass yourself and say you didn't hear about the five officers who were ambushed and killed in Dallas or about the three officers ambushed and killed in Baton Rouge?

And the article clearly states that as of the article's March, 2016, publication date, five officers had been ambushed and killed, and it explains why they only list four names:

Quote:
Quote:
About 10 police officers per year are killed in ambushes, but five already in 2016

(WaPo)

Quote:
I just showed you Dude
No. You didn't, but I did show you where the chart shows fifteen were killed in 2014.

Old 07-27-2016, 03:10 PM   #517
MT Pockets
Valued Poster

Quote:
So, you're going to embarrass yourself and say you didn't hear about the five officers who were ambushed and killed in Dallas or about the three officers ambushed and killed in Baton Rouge?

And the article clearly states that as of the article's March, 2016, publication date, five officers had been ambushed and killed, and it explains why they only list four names:

No. You didn't, but I did show you where the chart shows fifteen were killed in 2014.

On the 2016 link it shows the chart I have told you too many times for you to act that dumb. Touch the 2016 link scroll down and there you go.
Old 07-27-2016, 04:31 PM   #518
LexusLover
Valued Poster

So, Pockets, have you decided how many is a tolerable number per month of cops to be shot* by ambush?

*I don't rely on "kills" for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that whether a cop dies is often dependent on how quickly emergency medical technicians can "secure" the cop and transport the cop to a qualified trauma center for gunshot wounds.

It should be considered that a reduction in gunshot deaths may be more of a function of improved efficiency and skill in responding to gunshot victims ... that has been the basis of a study done a number of years ago .. investigating relative response times in cities.

Further more, another factor can be improved procedures in agencies ... that facilitate EMS responses, but also regarding the protection of cops who have been shot until EMS arrives and can safely enter the scene to extract the victims.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 04:44 PM   #519
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
So, Pockets, have you decided how many is a tolerable number per month of cops to be shot* by ambush?

*I don't rely on "kills" for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that whether a cop dies is often dependent on how quickly emergency medical technicians can "secure" the cop and transport the cop to a qualified trauma center for gunshot wounds.

It should be considered that a reduction in gunshot deaths may be more of a function of improved efficiency and skill in responding to gunshot victims ... that has been the basis of a study done a number of years ago .. investigating relative response times in cities.

Further more, another factor can be improved procedures in agencies ... that facilitate EMS responses, but also regarding the protection of cops who have been shot until EMS arrives and can safely enter the scene to extract the victims.
+1

Protective vests certainly has contributed to the decline in officer deaths since the 1970s. It is also important to note that the Dallas and Baton Rouge shooters aimed to kill every officer they saw. Yet, the statistics will only document the ones they hit and killed and not the ones they shot at and missed. That number of "ambushes" is lost and not documented in the accounting process.

Quote:
On the 2016 link it shows the chart I have told you too many times for you to act that dumb. Touch the 2016 link scroll down and there you go.
My bad. I was stopping at the first commercial ad believing the article was finished. The table you are citing from that article is below that commercial ad. There is an inexplicable discrepancy between the two sources. One says five, and the other says fifteen. I cited both articles at the same time in the same post. Plus, as noted before, that article was written in March 2016; so, it did not include this summer's murders in Dallas and Baton Rouge which I added together for the sum of thirteen. However, the latest stats for 2016 isn't "five", as you argue, nor even "thirteen", as I was arguing ... it's now fourteen:

Quote:
Report: Firearm killings of police up 78% this year; ambush killings up 300%

By Andrew V. Pestano July 27, 2016 at 7:38 AM

WASHINGTON, July 27 (UPI) -- There has been a 78 percent increase in shooting deaths of law enforcement officers so far in 2016 when compared to the same period last year, according to a report by the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund (NLEOMF).

Ambush killings of police officers, such as the attacks that killed eight police in Dallas and Baton Rouge, rose by 300 percent.

(UPI)
Old 07-27-2016, 04:57 PM   #520
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
+1

Body armor certainly has contributed to the decline in officer deaths since the 1970s.
For over 20 years the "standard" with agencies is a vest "rated" to the service weapon of the officer. ... calling it "body armor" is a misnomer by any stretch of the imagination ... Departments are strapped for "discretionary" funds and that, unfortunately, has been an area of deficiencies. The vests need to be replaced, because aging and heat degrades their retarding capabilities. Most vests have vulnerabilities that are known publicly and LE has been aware of them.

Post-Vietnam and Post-Iraq .. some in Bosnia .. medical personnel returning were effective at treating wounds in the field and stabilizing for transport with rotor aircraft pilots experienced with doing extractions in tight circumstances, even in a live fire situation. Personnel at the trauma centers had a lot of experience in handling gunshots and explosive injuries.

I would put my money on the improved treatment and response times before I would on protection. Response time of LE and EMS. Since Columbine there has been an increase in 1st responder training and interagency cooperation.

NYPD just "upgrading" body protection and weaponry ... and could only do so on a limited basis. The cost is prohibitive for probably 85% of the agencies .... you can see what this administration has been doing to LE by pulling back military equipment for local LE use.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:26 PM   #521
MT Pockets
Valued Poster

Quote:
+1

Protective vests certainly has contributed to the decline in officer deaths since the 1970s. It is also important to note that the Dallas and Baton Rouge shooters aimed to kill every officer they saw. Yet, the statistics will only document the ones they hit and killed and not the ones they shot at and missed. That number of "ambushes" is lost and not documented in the accounting process.

I agree that the amount of Cops ambushed is off because it only list those that died. At the same time the word ambush is being used pretty loosely

My bad. I was stopping at the first commercial ad believing the article was finished. The table you are citing from that article is below that commercial ad. There is an inexplicable discrepancy between the two sources. One says five, and the other says fifteen. I cited both articles at the same time in the same post. Plus, as noted before, that article was written in March 2016; so, it did not include this summer's murders in Dallas and Baton Rouge which I added together for the sum of thirteen. However, the latest stats for 2016 isn't "five", as you argue, nor even "thirteen", as I was arguing ... it's now fourteen:
I agree the number was not including the latest shootings. I am not saying the numbers for 2016 are correct. I do however disagree with the first 4 Officers on the list as being ambushed. The only one that was targeted was the cop that shot Jacai Colson . He didn't get killed he shot a fellow officer deliberately. I might add that the shooter Cop was white and the victim Cop was black.
I would like to see the list of those that have been killed and see how it happened. It is obvious that some are not anywhere near like the Dallas and Baton Rouge ones.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:33 PM   #522
MT Pockets
Valued Poster

Quote:

I am not falling for the If you disagree with the numbers you must not care bullshit. I had friends that were on the scene in Dallas. I was up all night until I found out they were okay. And by friends I mean Dallas Police officers.
Seems as though you don't really have anything to add to the conversation so maybe you could busy yourself getting me those 2016 victims names.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:51 PM   #523
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
I am not falling for the If you disagree with the numbers you must not care bullshit.
How many is tolerable?

Why do you change my question?
Old 07-27-2016, 10:56 PM   #524
MT Pockets
Valued Poster

Quote:
How many is tolerable?

Why do you change my question?
The least amount possible dumbass. Again please show me where you complained about it under any other President or when you cheered when it dropped two years ago. Your stupid ass question is a 5th grader set up. Even with the sudden rise of deaths his numbers are better than the last decade or two. What makes you think that Trump would fix anything. In my opinion it would get much worse if that clown won. Why don't you get me the names of the fallen for 2016. So far the vast majority of 2014 and 2015 were not targeted victims at all. Just some conservative bullshit to stir the pot.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:01 AM   #525
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
The least amount possible ...
That would be zero!

Oh, and you are the dumbass. It shows in your postings.

Spending days bantering about definitions and numbers above zero is simply avoiding the fundamental issue .... and the problem.... and is merely a backdoor attempt to justify capital murder. It's actually disgusting.

"Conservative bullshit to stir the pot"?

So the killing of police is "conservative bullshit to stir the pot"?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women