Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70469
biomed160988
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453026
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47744
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 10-23-2014, 05:14 AM   #5971
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
Bortles has been alright, hasn't been tearing it up or anything, not like Cam or Luck in their first years, All the first round QB's last year still pretty much suck too.

If Clowney can wreck shop for the 2nd half of the season, which is a big if considering his ass hasn't played more than one half of football yet, he can silence us critics
Actually Bortles, Bridgewater and Carr all look to be long time starters and are playing well for first year players. JimmyG at New England impressed everyone with his knowledge of the system and command in practice making Mallet expendable. Meanwhile reports are that Clowney is a being a diva about being hurt. I suspect he is one of those players who if he has so much as a paper cut he can't play. In other words, Rick Smith fucked up another draft.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 02:26 PM   #5972
TheDon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

EJ Manuel and Geno had their moments last year.... and both of them are pretty much looking like busts, so seeing Carr, Bortles, and Bridgewater having good moments this season doesn't surprise me. But lets hold off on the notion that they are legitimate starting QB's right now, or even busts for that matter. Lets just see how it plays out. I like some of those rookies, but it doesn't mean they will pan out.
TheDon is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 04:50 AM   #5973
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
Actually Bortles, Bridgewater and Carr all look to be long time starters and are playing well for first year players. JimmyG at New England impressed everyone with his knowledge of the system and command in practice making Mallet expendable. Meanwhile reports are that Clowney is a being a diva about being hurt. I suspect he is one of those players who if he has so much as a paper cut he can't play. In other words, Rick Smith fucked up another draft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
EJ Manuel and Geno had their moments last year.... and both of them are pretty much looking like busts, so seeing Carr, Bortles, and Bridgewater having good moments this season doesn't surprise me. But lets hold off on the notion that they are legitimate starting QB's right now, or even busts for that matter. Lets just see how it plays out. I like some of those rookies, but it doesn't mean they will pan out.
BL has a long history of being the consummate Monday Morning Quarterback. He loves to tell us when the Texans make a bad selection as if he knew all along the selection would be bad. He also loves to later pick out a choice that was made after the Texans made their selection and later make the claim that the Texans should have made that choice instead. Once again, he does this as if to say that he knew all along the player chosen later would have been the better selection.

I have stated previously that the NFL Draft is at best an inexact science. A roll of the dice if you will! It is easy to look back five years after the fact and say woulda, coulda, shoulda. I'm sure that there are 10 teams who wish they would have taken JJ Watt prior to the Texans taking him with the 11th pick. BL rarely points out the good selections but he is always quick to point out the bad selections.

To further illustrate how inexact of a science the NFL Draft is, consider this for a moment. At the time, every team in the NFL passed on Tom Brady numerous times prior to New England selecting him in the 6th round. It's easy to look back and say they should have taken Tom Brady. But we now have the advantage of hindsight being 20/20. At the time of the selection, Brady was not mentioned as having the potential to being the elite quarterback that he was later to become. It would not surprise me that BL knew all along that Tom Brady was destined for greatness.

Mistakes are made in the NFL draft. Every team makes them each and every year, not just the Texans. It remains to be seen whether Clowney will be considered a mistake but at the time of this years NFL Draft, Clowney was considered by most of the experts (and obviously the Texans) to be the top player on the draft board.

At the time of this years draft, BL was saying that he thought that the Texans should use the #1 pick on KMack instead of Clowney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
As for first pick I still like Khalil Mack. He had as many sacks against Ohio State as Cliwney did all year.
Reading the above, it was clear that BL thought the "first pick" should be KMack, not Clowney. He didn't even mention "Bortles, Carr, Bridgewater or JimmyG" as being worthy of consideration for the #1 pick. Now he is singing the QB's praises. Whose praises will BL be singing tomorrow?

Quite frankly, I was intrigued by KMack's athleticism as well but once the selection was made, I see no useful purpose in second guessing the selection. You make the best selection you can and then move on and that is what the Texans did. Live with it, bitching and moaning after the fact is not going to change a damn thing! Either way, Clowney (not KMack, Bortles, Carr, Bridgewater or JimmyG) was the Texans selection. It's NOT going to change no matter how much bitchin' and moanin' BL does!

Now BL insinuates they should have passed over both KMack and Clowney and used the selection on either Bortles, Carr, Bridgewater or JimmyG. And if some other player in this years draft one day becomes the next Tom Brady or JJ Watt, BL will be claiming that he knew all along the Texans should have used their first pick on that player instead.

One thing you will rarely hear from BL would be an acknowledgement that the Texans made a good selection. He seems to be content to totally ignore the good selections and focus all of his attention on the bad ones.

Such is the life of a know-it-all, Monday Morning Quarterback!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:42 AM   #5974
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

[QUOTE=bigtex] I have stated previously that the NFL Draft is at best an inexact science..........I'm sure that there are 10 teams who wish they would have taken JJ Watt prior to the Texans taking him with the 11th pick. [QUOTE]

Perhaps....but remember, this was the "Cam Newton" draft (2011)........so it's a strong possibility Carolina will say even today they stand by that pick.

Now Denver at #2 might say they'd re-consider (they took Von Miller); considering his history (though he seems to be having a pretty good season, so far). And moving further down that list, Atlanta traded additional picks to move up (took Julio Jones with the 6th pick); they might want a do over, if asked.

Dallas, at the 9th spot, has already acknowledged they made the right selection for them (took offensive tackle, Tyron Smith) to protect Romo's left side. If healthy, he'll hold that position for the next dozen + yrs considering he was only 20 yrs old when he reported for his first summer camp.

The one who prolly has the most "draft-regret" would be Jacksonville (#10 pick) who selected qb Blaine Gabbert. Having to come back 3 years later and draft the same position in the first round easily explains why they currently are where they are.

As you pointed out (drafting: an inexact science), that can be applied to the Texans (and everyone else, too, of course) in later rounds per that 2011 Draft. Houston took lb Rashad Carmichael (4th r / selection #127).....two picks later Denver nabbed te, Julius Thomas. Next round, Houston picks qb T J Yates (pick #152).

Two picks later, # 154.....the Seattle Seahawks take cb, Richard Sherman. Ouch.

Hey, don't get me wrong....this is in no way intended to lay blame at any GM for who they did or didn't pick......as mentioned before, it's a total crap shoot at best. Looking further; this same draft.....4 teams took running backs in the first two rounds (Mark Ingram, Ryan Williams, Shane Vereen and Mikel Leshoure). Quite possible each team would like a do over now per that position.

Simply because.....the Cowboys took Sooner rb, DeMarco Murray in the 3rd round. Now being a Longhorn fan I was furious....totally incensed over that pick at that time....couldn't believe it. Today, well.....it was absolutely brilliant! (and I'll be the first to say, a bit fortuitous......considering what he's done this first half of the season, he should have easily been a 1st rounder. Woulda...coulda...shoulda....s ometimes you just never know......)

[QUOTE]To further illustrate how inexact of a science the NFL Draft is, consider this for a moment. At the time, every team in the NFL passed on Tom Brady numerous times prior to New England selecting him in the 6th round. It's easy to look back and say they should have taken Tom Brady. But we now have the advantage of hindsight being 20/20. At the time of the selection, Brady was not mentioned as having the potential to being the elite quarterback that he was later to become. It would not surprise me that BL knew all along that Tom Brady was destined for greatness.[QUOTE]

Brady's a great example of "who truly knows".....6th round....almost an after-thought, ya know? Had the Pats (or anyone else known) he's the first pick, 1st round; no brainer.

To a lesser degree (but a qb who fell for whatever reasons), take the 1983 draft.....John Elway was the run away clear favorite.....went number one/ first round to Baltimore (then traded to Denver). Oilers sitting at #9 took future HOF, Bruce Matthews (in fact, SEVEN future Hall of Famers went in this draft, six in the first. Can you name them?

And the Dolphins sitting at pick # 27 said, "thank you very much" and snapped up qb, Dan Marino (well, he's another HOFer, of course).

Fast forward to the 2005 Draft.....everyone remembers how San Fran needed help at the qb position. So with the 1st pick, round one they take Alex Smith. And everyone else had a guy targeted afterwards (the Texans, for the record, at # 16 took dt, Travis Johnson).

And....the little Green Bay Packers at the 24th pick decide Aaron Rodgers was too good to be true....and the rest is history.

[QUOTEMistakes are made in the NFL draft. Every team makes them each and every year, not just the Texans.[QUOTE]

Well....see above; as denoted..

And it happens with kids coming out of high school going to the next level. Didn't only ONE division 1 school offer a small, undersized running back a scholarship? A few years later, after winning the Heisman Trophy, the Detroit Lions (#3 pick in round one) take this young man and he astounds us all....yes, it was Barry Sanders; we all know the story.

Footnote to that story: the team who passed on him? Well, at the #2 selection, Green Bay decided to take ot, Tony Mandarich instead.....now let's talk about a team wanting a do-over.
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:29 AM   #5975
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
BL has a long history of being the consummate Monday Morning Quarterback. He loves to tell us when the Texans make a bad selection as if he knew all along the selection would be bad. He also loves to later pick out a choice that was made after the Texans made their selection and later make the claim that the Texans should have made that choice instead. Once again, he does this as if to say that he knew all along the player chosen later would have been the better selection.

I have stated previously that the NFL Draft is at best an inexact science. A roll of the dice if you will! It is easy to look back five years after the fact and say woulda, coulda, shoulda. I'm sure that there are 10 teams who wish they would have taken JJ Watt prior to the Texans taking him with the 11th pick. BL rarely points out the good selections but he is always quick to point out the bad selections.

To further illustrate how inexact of a science the NFL Draft is, consider this for a moment. At the time, every team in the NFL passed on Tom Brady numerous times prior to New England selecting him in the 6th round. It's easy to look back and say they should have taken Tom Brady. But we now have the advantage of hindsight being 20/20. At the time of the selection, Brady was not mentioned as having the potential to being the elite quarterback that he was later to become. It would not surprise me that BL knew all along that Tom Brady was destined for greatness.

Mistakes are made in the NFL draft. Every team makes them each and every year, not just the Texans. It remains to be seen whether Clowney will be considered a mistake but at the time of this years NFL Draft, Clowney was considered by most of the experts (and obviously the Texans) to be the top player on the draft board.

At the time of this years draft, BL was saying that he thought that the Texans should use the #1 pick on KMack instead of Clowney.

Reading the above, it was clear that BL thought the "first pick" should be KMack, not Clowney. He didn't even mention "Bortles, Carr, Bridgewater or JimmyG" as being worthy of consideration for the #1 pick. Now he is singing the QB's praises. Whose praises will BL be singing tomorrow?

Quite frankly, I was intrigued by KMack's athleticism as well but once the selection was made, I see no useful purpose in second guessing the selection. You make the best selection you can and then move on and that is what the Texans did. Live with it, bitching and moaning after the fact is not going to change a damn thing! Either way, Clowney (not KMack, Bortles, Carr, Bridgewater or JimmyG) was the Texans selection. It's NOT going to change no matter how much bitchin' and moanin' BL does!

Now BL insinuates they should have passed over both KMack and Clowney and used the selection on either Bortles, Carr, Bridgewater or JimmyG. And if some other player in this years draft one day becomes the next Tom Brady or JJ Watt, BL will be claiming that he knew all along the Texans should have used their first pick on that player instead.

One thing you will rarely hear from BL would be an acknowledgement that the Texans made a good selection. He seems to be content to totally ignore the good selections and focus all of his attention on the bad ones.

Such is the life of a know-it-all, Monday Morning Quarterback!
Wasn't BL on the JFF bandwagon as well? What a fuckin genius!
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 05:38 PM   #5976
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

BL's five years after the fact NFL Draft crystal ball is 100% accurate each and every time.

Let's give BL a hand, he hasn't missed one yet!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:36 AM   #5977
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
BL's five years after the fact NFL Draft crystal ball is 100% accurate each and every time.

Let's give BL a hand, he hasn't missed one yet!
BL should have his own blog. He's way better than Mel Kiper.
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 03:08 PM   #5978
TheDon
Valued Poster

Clowney didn't look too impressive, hell I don't think he's even on the stat sheet, don't really care though, they got the win, that's all that matters. 4-4 and Philli next week at home before the bye, not a terrible spot to be in.

Got games against the Titans, Jags, and Ravens at home, those are all very winnable (Put the Ravens in that list because Kubs homecoming, we're gonna be fired up for that one), just got to find a game or two somewhere else. Wildcard looks like a realistic option.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:47 PM   #5979
Satin
Valued Poster

Satin is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 06:28 PM   #5980
BigLouie
Valued Poster

The Don. I don't see them making the play offs. I see them losing to the eagles, browns, Colts, ravens and maybe jags once.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:38 PM   #5981
TheDon
Valued Poster

They're not going to lose every game they are an underdog in, and they won't win every game they are favored in. That's pretty much the case with every team. Parody league.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:45 PM   #5982
Satin
Valued Poster

Default It's #1 now....

Well Don I think you mentioned it a while back. This thread has finally eclipsed the infamous "Slap your mama" thread to become the all time #1 thread here. Congrats fellas and take a bow.....
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 11:29 PM   #5983
Daddio
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

Do we or more specifically me get rewarded by SNATCH because we are in the Number 1 all time thread????????
Daddio is offline   Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:02 AM   #5984
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddio View Post
Do we or more specifically me get rewarded by SNATCH because we are in the Number 1 all time thread????????
Sure,
Here ya go Daddio...

Fitz got a little better protection yesterday. Who is gonna be the first to say we should have drafted Mettenberger?
I don't think I've seen Foster look better.
The defense ought to have to run laps for allowing that touchdown. It's like they laid down on that series. If they could have gotten a stop we might have seen Mallet in mop up but considering the last two games it wasn't and probably isn't going to happen.
Clowney was about what I expected but it was good to see him on the field. That dude makes most of the other players look like high schoolers. I think his lack of really doing anything was due no confidence in his knee. He was always straight up the field and if the play got away from him he wasn't trying to make any quick moves to catch up. Hopefully he got the confidence back yesterday and doesn't wake up with a sore knee this morning.
The linebackers looked better without Cushing, sad to say. He may need to be out till after the bye. Mike Mohamed can play.
Secondary still sucks! We make rookie QB's look like HOFers.
Still plenty of mental mistakes going around.
K. Martin failing to fair catch a punt at the 30.
AJ dropped a couple of balls that he never used to miss.
My bottom line is we beat a team we should have beat. Nothing to jump on a band wagon for. This is a .500 team at best.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:17 AM   #5985
chicagoboy
Ribbed, For Her Pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddio View Post
#1 in Houston, but not even close to #1 overall.
chicagoboy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women