Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 254
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160705
Yssup Rider60032
gman4452944
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47616
pyramider46370
bambino40341
CryptKicker37092
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35446
Mojojo33117

Old 01-07-2019, 08:36 AM   #46
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccielover View Post
So are you trying to refute or support the 3/2018 article from CNN with the 10/2015 Snopes write up?

Both basically say that the goal was to make a statement more than an enforceable statute.

In the end, prevention is indeed the answer and being afraid that a homeowner does indeed have a gun that will be pointed at you is a wonderful preventative measure.
Prevention from what? Most burglaries arent committed while the homeowner is home. You obviously didn't read the snopes article. You dont know your stuff
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 10:21 AM   #47
eccielover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystic View Post
Prevention from what? Most burglaries arent committed while the homeowner is home. You obviously didn't read the snopes article. You dont know your stuff
LOL. I'm thinking you didn't read the Snopes article.

And where did it reference burglaries, are you just trying to distract at this point?

And please site where it said prevention does not work?

The entirety of that Snopes article basically refuted that residents would not be charged. It had very little discussion of anything else.
eccielover is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 10:46 AM   #48
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
So are you trying to refute or support the 3/2018 article from CNN with the 10/2015 Snopes write up?

Both basically say that the goal was to make a statement more than an enforceable statute.

In the end, prevention is indeed the answer and being afraid that a homeowner does indeed have a gun that will be pointed at you is a wonderful preventative measure.
As the news excerpt referenced above indicated, a drop in homicides owing to a mandatory gun ownership law would be difficult to measure, as the number of murders that took place in Kennesaw the year prior to the law’s implementation was zero as therefore could drop no lower. And the increased number of armed robberies from 1980 (one) to 1981 (four) represented a sample so low that a subsequent reduction in such crime didn’t provide any meaningful data from which a conclusion about “mandatory” gun ownership and crime rates could be drawn.

Another aspect to consider is whether Kennesaw’s crime rates were observed elsewhere in the state. In the decade bracketing the law’s passage (1976 through 1986) there was a significant drop in murders, burglaries, property crimes, the property crime rate, and the burglary rate in Georgia as whole (despite Kennesaw’s outlier status with the gun law in question). Statewide, the murder rate similarly dropped in a fairly dramatic fashion after 1982 without a statewide law requiring gun ownership.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:05 PM   #49
eccielover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
As the news excerpt referenced above indicated, a drop in homicides owing to a mandatory gun ownership law would be difficult to measure, as the number of murders that took place in Kennesaw the year prior to the law’s implementation was zero as therefore could drop no lower. And the increased number of armed robberies from 1980 (one) to 1981 (four) represented a sample so low that a subsequent reduction in such crime didn’t provide any meaningful data from which a conclusion about “mandatory” gun ownership and crime rates could be drawn.

Another aspect to consider is whether Kennesaw’s crime rates were observed elsewhere in the state. In the decade bracketing the law’s passage (1976 through 1986) there was a significant drop in murders, burglaries, property crimes, the property crime rate, and the burglary rate in Georgia as whole (despite Kennesaw’s outlier status with the gun law in question). Statewide, the murder rate similarly dropped in a fairly dramatic fashion after 1982 without a statewide law requiring gun ownership.
So your point being that one study or another could indeed be correct and those advocating gun ownership as a deterrent might be correct? Or they might not be. But whatever you are quoting or citing is certainly not advocating either way.

Are you taking a position. My position(opinion) remains legal gun ownership is indeed a deterrent to crime in many areas.
eccielover is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:34 PM   #50
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
So your point being that one study or another could indeed be correct and those advocating gun ownership as a deterrent might be correct? Or they might not be. But whatever you are quoting or citing is certainly not advocating either way.

Are you taking a position. My position(opinion) remains legal gun ownership is indeed a deterrent to crime in many areas.
I agree that owning a gun is better than not owning a gun. Is it a crime deterrent? I dont know how you could prove that. The article said they had such a low crime rate before the law that it wasn't really a good "case study". The crime rate dropped all over the state in cities that didn't have a similar law
Old 01-07-2019, 03:37 PM   #51
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamscram View Post
If you don't live in Mo then you don't know the laws. You can buy firearms from individuals either out side or inside at gun shows.No checks and carry handguns without any training.
There is no federal law prohibiting this!!
I can buy a gun from ANYONE with out a check in Texas...and most all other states...I had very little training for my CHL...as in most all concealed carry states.
99.99999% of ALL law abiding citizens don't commit gun crimes!!!
It is the OUTLAWS that do...hence OUTLAW!!
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:54 PM   #52
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
I agree that owning a gun is better than not owning a gun. Is it a crime deterrent? I dont know how you could prove that. The article said they had such a low crime rate before the law that it wasn't really a good "case study". The crime rate dropped all over the state in cities that didn't have a similar law
It's like insurance...it's nice to have it even if you don't need it,because like insurance...you better have it and not need it than not have it and need it...
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 04:13 PM   #53
bamscram
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1961 View Post
Please tell me where you can go and buy a gun ANYWHERE by just filling out the "gentleman honor" yellow sheet.
My local paper had person to person gun sells everyday!!
This was 35 years ago.
Before that...
I use to carry a rifle to school for
shooting class...that dates me!!
GUN LAWS ARE MORE LAX NOW....YEAH RIGHT!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1961 View Post
There is no federal law prohibiting this!!
I can buy a gun from ANYONE with out a check in Texas...and most all other states...I had very little training for my CHL...as in most all concealed carry states.
99.99999% of ALL law abiding citizens don't commit gun crimes!!!
It is the OUTLAWS that do...hence OUTLAW!!

You said it.
bamscram is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women