Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59943
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47563
pyramider46370
bambino40331
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35397
Mojojo33117

Old 10-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #46
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

While the Israeli's have become more enlightened and now purchase German products, like their autos, the Germans (Dutch and others) remain entrenched in their anti-Semitic hatred..................
German supermarket chain Aldi bans Israeli goods in Netherlands
http://www.presstv.com/detail/2013/0...israeli-goods/
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #47
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
While the Israeli's have become more enlightened and now purchase German products, like their autos, the Germans (Dutch and others) remain entrenched in their anti-Semitic hatred..................
German supermarket chain Aldi bans Israeli goods in Netherlands
http://www.presstv.com/detail/2013/0...israeli-goods/
It seems to me that the title is a bit misleading, since the article says the boycott applies to "settler goods" -- in other words, products from the Israeli settlements in places such as the West Bank, not from the whole of Israel.

As you surely know -- and notwithstanding whether you may support or oppose it -- the settlement activity is controversial, to say the least.

Be that as it may, Jewish Americans don't seem sufficiently concerned that boycott efforts such as this dissuade them from buying German cars.
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #48
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
You should be more concerned about Adidas shoes. Their creator was named Addie Dozler, he and his brother were both members of the Nazi party. They first made shoes for the 1936 Olympics, sports shoes. Addie went on to make Adidas and his brother made Pumas. Just thought you should know.
I appreciate you bringing that up. I've not bought their shoes for quite awhile, but I won't do it anymore.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #49
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
Say what??

I'm not Jewish, but have had several Jewish private equity partners who've owned German cars. I can assure you that none of them are "total idiots."

Apparently they understand that today's German people are as decent and peace-loving as those of just about any other nation, and are not responsible for the atrocities committed by some evil fanatics of three generations ago.

obviously, your business associates have never been in the same room with JL for more than 30 seconds ....
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #50
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Say what??

I'm not Jewish, but have had several Jewish private equity partners who've owned German cars. I can assure you that none of them are "total idiots."

Apparently they understand that today's German people are as decent and peace-loving as those of just about any other nation, and are not responsible for the atrocities committed by some evil fanatics of three generations ago.
Without the German people buying into Hitler's killing machine, the Holocaust wouldn't have happened. All Germans are anti-Semites deep down in their soul. Buying a Mercedes or BMW or The People's Car is just the same as providing support for the Fourth Reich.
Just because your partners performed financially doesn't make them good Jews.
Good Jews don't listen to Wagner, either.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #51
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
Without the German people buying into Hitler's killing machine, the Holocaust wouldn't have happened. All Germans are anti-Semites deep down in their soul. Buying a Mercedes or BMW or The People's Car is just the same as providing support for the Fourth Reich.
When the German killing machine was being ramped up, I don't believe very many German citizens realized that a group of evil bastards was preparing to murder Jews en masse. And I don't believe that "all Germans are anti-Semites" deep within their souls.

And notwithstanding whether you think the Jewish people I know are "good Jews," I don't believe for a minute that they're afraid they may be supporting something like a Fourth Reich when they purchase a German product.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #52
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
.... I don't believe ..... And I don't believe that ... I don't believe .......
If that gives you some comfort ..then it is good.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #53
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post

is that like saying American Jews won't buy a Pink Prius like yours ?
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #54
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
If that gives you some comfort ..then it is good.
Since I'm neither German nor Jewish, I don't really have a dog in this hunt. Consequently, whether or not I attain a "comfort level" is irrelevant.

I was merely relating what I've observed in the way of decisions made by others whose choices might reasonably have been influenced by these and similar issues.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #55
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Since I'm neither German nor Jewish, I don't really have a dog in this hunt. Consequently, whether or not I attain a "comfort level" is irrelevant.

I was merely relating what I've observed in the way of decisions made by others whose choices might reasonably have been influenced by these and similar issues.
So what you "believe" or "think" those who are impacted by the "discussion" ....

.... may "feel" is "irrelevant" to how they actually "feel," .....

....after having been exposed to those realities, either directly or through close family.

.. Something about walking in someone else's moccasins" ... ?

My concern is that some people "believe" or "think" they know what I am thinking (or should be thinking is more like it), and having drawn that "assumption" about their own particular intellectual prowess then move on to deciding what is good or better for me, because the "believe" and "think" they "know what is best" for me or what "motivates" me to say and do the things I do. I won't all roll yet, but it is apparent on this board.

Some of the expressions directed at the Jewish people, who can now be "correctly" identified as "Israelis" to avoid the "appearance" of discrimination in the discourse, indicates to me that some of the "feelings" emanating from Nazis German have not been thoroughly eradicated from the face of the Earth and that some people or peoples still harbor Ill feelings toward them as a group without making any assessment of their individual character and integrity.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #56
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
So what you "believe" or "think" those who are impacted by the "discussion" ....

.... may "feel" is "irrelevant" to how they actually "feel," .....

....after having been exposed to those realities, either directly or through close family.

.. Something about walking in someone else's moccasins" ... ?
Did you wish to insinuate that a whole nation should be held accountable for the atrocious actions of some evil fanatics from three generations ago?

By that line of reasoning, what about Japan? Judging from your handle, it's fair to assume that you own (or at least like) Lexus automobiles.

What about the actions of Japan during the 1941-45 period? Or do you think that was just a little misunderstanding among friends?

By the way, a late friend of my Dad's, who was a survivor of the Bataan Death March, bought a Lexus sometime during the 1990s. He apparently did not hold the Japanese people responsible for the actions of the regime that held power sixty years earlier.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #57
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Did you wish to insinuate that a whole nation should be held accountable for the atrocious actions of some evil fanatics from three generations ago?

By that line of reasoning, what about Japan? Judging from your handle, it's fair to assume that you own (or at least like) Lexus automobiles.

What about the actions of Japan during the 1941-45 period? Or do you think that was just a little misunderstanding among friends?

By the way, a late friend of my Dad's, who was a survivor of the Bataan Death March, bought a Lexus sometime during the 1990s. He apparently did not hold the Japanese people responsible for the actions of the regime that held power sixty years earlier.
I wrote ... ".. some people "believe" or "think ... " which in Lexicology ... DOES NOT "insuate" a "whole" of anything ... but "suggests" that NOT ALL are included in the statement ... but there in lies perhaps a flaw ...

.. just like your "ASSUMPTION" that my screen name is about PHYSICAL THINGS.

Wounds heal, but often leave scars. Some of those "scars" are passed along.

I have good reason to believe there are some Japanese today who carry a resentment of having heard of their parents' skin falling off like overcooked chicken as they screamed from the agony of the boiling juices in their bodies for which there was no relief until they died.

So there is another side to consider without passing judgment on either.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #58
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
I have good reason to believe there are some Japanese today who carry a resentment of having heard of their parents' skin falling off like overcooked chicken as they screamed from the agony of the boiling juices in their bodies for which there was no relief until they died.
No doubt about that.

Quote:
Wounds heal, but often leave scars. Some of those "scars" are passed along.
...or that.

In the case of the Japanese, many buy various American goods and entertainment products such as movies and music, and vacation in the U.S. But some probably make an effort to avoid doing so. How many? I'm not sure there are reliable polls or data on the issue.

Quote:
So there is another side to consider without passing judgment on either.
I intended merely to comment on the free choices made by people rather than to pass judgment.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #59
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
I intended merely to comment on the free choices made by people rather than to pass judgment.
I am for allowing people to make their own choices without government intervention, so long as those exercising the "free choices" accept the reality that along with that freedom comes a counterbalancing responsibility to accept the detrimental consequences of those choices they make as opposed to burdening "society" with them.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #60
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
I am for allowing people to make their own choices without government intervention, so long as those exercising the "free choices" accept the reality that along with that freedom comes a counterbalancing responsibility to accept the detrimental consequences of those choices they make as opposed to burdening "society" with them.
+1
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women