Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Questions for the Staff - Dallas
Questions for the Staff - Dallas Ask questions of your local staff here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59956
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47573
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35404
Mojojo33117

Old 04-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #46
administrator
Administrator

User ID: 16
Encounters: 3

Damn Mr. Tew. You caught me red-handed.

I was a total fucking asshole, wasn't I?

Well, my apologies for that.

Now, as for the matter at hand, I'm working as fast as I can to get the services and availability section back for our members. Damn glad to see many of you have found a workaround for this, and have shared it with your fellow brethren.

Also, sorry if the explanation given was more vague than you would have liked.....there is definitely a reason for that. It's nothing sinister or nefarious as some have suspected, and it will make perfect sense to everyone once I'm able to go into a little more detail.

It won't be much longer, and once I get the rates back in place, this thread and the whole hoopla will be a moot point.

Have a good night gang, and thanks Tew for calling me out on that momentary lapse of sanity. We all need that from time to time, brother.

St. C
administrator is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:01 AM   #47
guest061212-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Well make it soon, please. Apparently it is a matter of life or death to some of these people.
guest061212-1 is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #48
AT6Texan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 114

Thank you for all your hard work!
AT6Texan is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:35 PM   #49
Guest090620
Account Disabled

User ID: 75982
My ECCIE Reviews

Any new updates when this will be fixed????? Just curious.
Guest090620 is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #50
administrator
Administrator

User ID: 16
Encounters: 3

Yes, here is an update for you.

The situation is this: ccBill, our payment processor, has adopted a policy of no rates or services whatsoever. That's why we had to restrict this info from being posted in the ads.

We left the info in the Showcases initially, hoping that would be ok if only offered to our Premium Access members, and not visible to the general public....but unfortunately, they wanted that removed as well.

Obviously, we don't want to have to restrict our provider members from being able to display this information in their ads....it simply wasn't our choice. Of all the payment processors that are pre-configured for vBulletin, ccBill was the only one that was adult site-friendly and in the beginning this was not an issue.

Now, with the new policy, it's a bit of a different story. Yes, they are still adult-friendly...but the exclusion of rates and services just makes things harder for both our provider members and our hobbyist members doing their research on the ladies, and I'm not interested in just living with it and dealing with it when I know a little extra effort on my part will enable me to bring these tools back to our readers.

The solution: find another payment processor that will allow rates and services. There are plenty of banks out there willing to work with online merchants in the adult industry, but each one has their own set of policies, restrictions, and provisions.....and to be honest, it hasn't been easy finding one that meets our needs completely. And then, when we do find the one we will go with, we have to build our own payment gateway because it won't be pre-configured for vBulletin like ccBill was... and I'll have to have a developer integrate their entire system with vBulletin, and all of the various subscription options we offer to our members. That'll add a little time to this as well.

I was vague about all of this in the beginning for one reason and one reason only: I simply wasn't eager to advertise to ccBill that we were shopping other options. I wasn't hiding anything from the members, it was just reluctance to display this information to ccBill when I wasn't entirely sure which direction I would take. We have been with them since the beginning and I just didn't think it was the right thing to do....so I told as much as I could to you guys and gals without revealing that one aspect.

Why am I revealing this now? Well, because since then I have had several talks with the ccBill representative assigned to our account, and he has been very understanding about the situation. His hands are tied on their policy of no rates and services,....he does not want us to leave, but he is willing to accept whatever we choose to do, even if it means losing us as a customer....he's actually given me some sound advice concerning merch accounts and what I can expect to encounter during the search, and he has even made it very clear that there will always be an open door to return to ccBill at any time should we chose to do so. They absolutely value us as a customer, and consider us one of their best.

So, for the record, I'm very pleased with the service we have received from ccBill from the beginning to present day. They have been a stand-up company to deal with. If not for the restrictive policy they adopted, we'd stick with them for the long haul.

Now, for the time being, I am still shopping merchant accounts, but I am well into that process. Sadly, it's taken longer than I expected. As I said, each one has their own set of demands....and some don't necessarily fit this type of site and the needs of it's members.....so, I'll keep searching. There are literally hundreds of banks out there, and plenty of them don't mind rates being displayed.....I just need to find one and make sure they don't have any other strange requirements that would restrict the flow of information on the site.

Once I find the right merch account, we will integrate it with vBulletin, build the payment page, and go live with it.....and at that time, the rates will return in showcases, and more than likely we will also be able to allow girls to be a little more flexible with what they put in their ads too...all of this work is being done with our member's needs in mind. In other words, you asked for it loud and clear, and make no mistake about it, my goal is to bring it back to you as quickly as I possibly can.

Look, I appreciate everyone's patience with this. It's been frustrating for the members, for my staff, and for me as well. I know full well the needs of my membership, and this has no doubt hampered that.....making things more tedious for both sides of the community. And, for the folks who have not been as patient, or been skeptical, or pessimistic about the timely return of the rates and services, I find your comments and remarks entirely understandable and take each of your posts to heart. I always want our members to share their true feelings, even if it's not what I wanted to hear.....often times it's those stinging statements and sharp criticism that gives extra inspiration and provides me with additional motivation to get the job done, and get it done right.

To Mr. Waldo specifically, I believe you offered up a wager earlier in this thread that we wouldn't meet the 4-5 week deadline that I announced was when everyone could expect to see rates back on the site. I took you up on that wager with bold confidence, because I felt strongly that we would easily have this all wrapped up in that amount of time. Now, I'm not so sure we will, due to the time-consuming nature of researching and shopping these merch accounts. With that said, I believe I have about a week and a half left to go. If, for whatever reason, we don't have the changes complete by that time sir, I have something special in mind for you. I will contact and discuss it with you via PM.

For everyone else, hang tight. Even if it takes a little longer than expected, you now have the facts straight from the horse's mouth.....and you can definitely expect us to get things back to the way they were at some point in the near future. I know many of you found a workaround for the rates and services and I'm grateful for that..as it has sorta bought me a little time to find the right option for the ECCIE community and put it in place. Please share that with your brothers whenever you can.

Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and feedback on this whole matter, and my sincere hopes that you find this explanation reasonable and satisfactory.

St. C
administrator is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #51
Majestycctx
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 18308
My ECCIE Reviews

Why don't u try paypal?
Majestycctx is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #52
Wheretonow
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

PayPal doesn't accept adult oriented charges.
Wheretonow is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:37 PM   #53
Majestycctx
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheretonow View Post
PayPal doesn't accept adult oriented charges.

Well that sucks! I know that some providers accept paypal payments for their services. How do u do that? I want to know so that way I don't get ripped off by anyone when they try to pay me cash up front. I know some girls have gotten robbed by clients.

I hope the rates section comes back because it would really help everyone out. I dont like to discuss my rates or services over the phone or thru emails.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:12 AM   #54
bullet0
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Thanks for the update, SC.
bullet0 is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #55
Majestycctx
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews
Lightbulb HEY EVERYONE! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone here in South Texas figured out how to see the rates on someone's showcase!!! CHECK IT OUT!!!

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=442270

NOW GO READ IT!!!!
Old 05-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #56
Blaze
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1345
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestycctx View Post
Why don't u try paypal?
You have to be very clever and careful when using pay pal or green dot because if they catch you, you WILL receive a letter from the legal dept to cease and desist and with pay pal from what I have been told,,, will keep any funds you have in the account. Yes, I know this firsthand on GD.
Blaze is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #57
AT6Texan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 114

St.Christopher thank you for the update! Sounds like your hands have been full. I think you have killed all conspiracy theories as of now. I am sure you look forward to the conclusion of this search the most. Good luck and may you be successful.
AT6Texan is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:11 AM   #58
guest061212-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestycctx View Post
Someone here in South Texas figured out how to see the rates on someone's showcase!!! CHECK IT OUT!!!...

You ever heard of DICSRETION! Why don't you just make it harder on the owners. Might as well email CCBILL directly.

guest061212-1 is offline   Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:13 AM   #59
oilfieldscum
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Thanks for the detailed updated St.C
oilfieldscum is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #60
bluesdj
Premium Access

I'm a little confused here, I'm not advocating TER (don't really care for it) but they show rates & services and use ccbill, been doing it for years and still are.
bluesdj is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women