Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160612
Yssup Rider59951
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47573
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35403
Mojojo33117

Old 09-12-2011, 06:18 PM   #46
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
How exactly does your post mitigate the Anointed One's obvious egotism and self-congratulatory speech?
I did not find Obama's speech to be either egotistical or self-congratulatory. He simply stated the facts behind his decision. Truth be known, he and he alone made the decision to move forward with the mission that led to OBL's death. It probably would have been easier to do otherwise at which point you would have criticized him for his failure to act. There is no way he could have possibly satisfied you. In your eyes, he was wrong if he made the decision and wrong if he would not have. At the end of the day, no one else had the authority to move forward with the mission, except Obama. By the same token, GW was the only person who had the authority to approve the mission in Iraq that eventually led to 4500+ American deaths!

Which decision proved to be correct and which decision proved to be a HUGE mistake? As for me personally, I am proud that Obama's "Mission" was actually "Accomplished!" I would have thought that you would be as well. Apparently that is not the case! Then again, your ill feelings might have much more to do with jealousy than your apparent lack of common sense!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #47
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Ya, I don’t even like the guy – really, I don’t, but I cannot imagine him saying something so easily disputed. OK, big hug over. It’s the Anointed One we are talking about. NO ONE was checking facts about this guy, and they aren’t really now. NOW, after all his short fallings and lies – That’s not to say that W wasn’t a liar himself to further his agenda. But, damn, the Get Out of Jail card should be revoked already. Do we really want a re-election of someone with poor performance again like we got with W? That this speech was given in 2008 and has surfaced gives me hope that the media has turned on their Boy Wonder - finally.

TTH, I can’t imagine remembering a speech so clearly that was given in 2008.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Actually, if the dictionary (or encyclopedia) is accurate, Obama's picture will be included with the definition of:

He authorized the mission to kill OBL! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, finally!
Just the luck of the draw; he didn’t do anything more or less special than any president would. It’s still not enough to get him re-elected. Unless the Republican’s run Perry, and still……………….. I do think this time around EVERYTHING he says will be scrutinized because he’s gotten such a bye in the past by at least a portion of the media. Remember the Nobel Peace Prize thingie?
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:35 PM   #48
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

You can argue over whether or not we should have gone into Iraq forever, We will not know who is right for another 20+ years.

One thing no one can legitimatly do is criticize Bush's class. While in office he gave credit to the military for their successes. Obama gave himself credit for giving an order that he, or anyone that was in his position, realistically had no choice but to give. Since Bush has left office he has done nothing to hinder Obama. He has stayed out of the national debate and let Obama have his opportunity. Can you say the same about Carter or Clinton. I will be amazed if Obama shows the same class after he is booted out in 2012.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:39 PM   #49
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
I did not find Obama's speech to be either egotistical or self-congratulatory.
The evidence of the Anointed One's egotism is there; you choose not to see it. Be blissful in your ignorance.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:45 PM   #50
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Be blissful in your ignorance.
Just because you have obviously found bliss "in your ignorance" does not mean the rest of us have!
Old 09-12-2011, 06:56 PM   #51
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Just because you have obviously found bliss "in your ignorance" does not mean the rest of us have!
Tsk, tsk! Such a shame as it applies to you, for your other presumption is quite incorrect. Not only do you purposefully delude yourself, you now admit it does not even bring you peace.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:02 PM   #52
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Not only do you purposefully delude yourself, you now admit it does not even bring you peace.
I find "peace" in knowing that OBL finally sleeps with the fishes! Indeed, it was a long time coming!

Much too long in fact!
Old 09-12-2011, 07:42 PM   #53
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltfan View Post
Doove,
You are also an amazing asshole.
Thanks!

Quote:
I gave you guys the benefit of the doubt that your boy didn't just lie about the situation and you still are a prick about it.
Yup. Because that's what your idiocy deserves.

Quote:
You say he was raised by his grandmother and that is why he uses father instead of grandfather. Does he call his grandmother mother as well? If so, perfectly plausable explanation that is likely easy to cite in this day of the old internets. Why not just make mention of that situation with the explanation.
I didn't say that's how he always refers to his grandfather. I said it's easy to inadvertently refer to a grandfather who helped raise you as your father, while mentioning him in a public comment.

Quote:
What does it say about you that you have to make an ass out of yourself in an attempt to prove a point.
It says about me that i think this is an absurd criticism that deserves nothing but scorn.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #54
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

The "I's" have it! By a preponderance of "I's", the Anointed One has shown himself to be self-congratulatory egotist.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:09 PM   #55
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Quite amusing how you always rush to defend him by saying he "just misspoke".
Almost as amusing as the absurdity in criticizing someone for misspeaking - particularly given how common misspeaking truly is.

I misspeak nearly every damn day. I bet you do too. If not every day, at least 2 or 3 times a week.

The only thing dumber than criticizing someone for misspeaking, is criticizing someone for a misstatement that is significant of absolutely nothing. Father, grandfather, what the hell difference does it make? It doesn't.

Unless you're the sort of political idiot who thinks a Democrat using a teleprompter is somehow different than a Republican using a teleprompter.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:24 PM   #56
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post

Yup. Because that's what your idiocy deserves.

Idiocy that I was looking for someone to refute the story? Good to know what levels qualify for you.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:26 PM   #57
MrGiz
BANNED

Give It Up.... Forgive Them... for they know not what they slobber.... the Blue Kool-Aid is ooozing out of their pores... like coolant from the obedient androids they are!!*
MrGiz is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:42 PM   #58
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Quote:
He said "father". Even Snopes admits that fact even as they back pedal trying to cover for his sorry ass - just like you do.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/service.asp
While I didn't watch the Snopes clip, it's not the recent jobs speech. It's an old campaign speech from 2008 where he did make a verbal gaffe. The recent jobs speech was a joint session of Congress. The background is clearly not the House chamber. More lies.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:55 PM   #59
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
TTH, I can’t imagine remembering a speech so clearly that was given in 2008.
The original poster was claiming it was in the jobs speech six days ago. It was the clip from Snopes that was from 2008.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:58 PM   #60
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
You can argue over whether or not we should have gone into Iraq forever, We will not know who is right for another 20+ years.

One thing no one can legitimatly do is criticize Bush's class.
Jesus. Talk about the thirteenth chime of a clock. If you think pimping the tragic death of 3,000 Americans so he would financially reward his supporters in the military industrial complex and start an unnecessary war for oil that would kill hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis and thousands of Americans is class, maybe. But to me, the type of crass ignoramus who tries to take political advantage of a national tragedy for partisan political gain is about as low class as you can get. He was a two bit huckster who eventually evolved into a petty war criminal. If that's class in your book, you can have it.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women