Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Other US Hotspots > Arkansas > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70471
biomed161009
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453033
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47751
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-07-2018, 12:14 PM   #46
Rollypolly
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpankyJ View Post
They are the numbers chosen to see if someone wins the lotto.

Hahaha lol
Rollypolly is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 01:04 PM   #47
bluffcityguy
Permanently retired

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpankyJ View Post
Timely question, you can find the answer here:

https://eccie.net/showthread.php?p=1...post1060357552
Boy... I've seen bored to the point of shitposting, but this is the first time I've seen bored to the point of shitposting in two separate fora and then crossposting the shitposts because??? (Probably because, why not?)

Cheers,

bcg
bluffcityguy is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 01:12 PM   #48
bluffcityguy
Permanently retired

Encounters: 25

And now that I've read the whole thread and seen that nobody has posted these before now....

So Spanky, why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

And why are there Interstate highways in Alaska and Hawaii? (I actually know the answer to this one, so be careful... )

Cheers,

bcg
bluffcityguy is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 02:17 PM   #49
biomed1
Administrator

Encounters: 32

Why is there Air?
biomed1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:59 PM   #50
Guest110920
Account Disabled

Encounters: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluffcityguy View Post
And now that I've read the whole thread and seen that nobody has posted these before now....

So Spanky, why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

And why are there Interstate highways in Alaska and Hawaii? (I actually know the answer to this one, so be careful... )

Cheers,

bcg
Q1 - It’s an Illuminati conspiracy.

Q2 - I think it’s because they receive federal funding. I believe there are even mainland interstates that don’t cross state boundaries. So I’d guess the “inter” portion doesn’t refer to continuity but just inclusion. Something like that?
Guest110920 is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 04:18 PM   #51
Guest110920
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomed1 View Post
Why is there Air?
Earth’s original atmosphere was probably just hydrogen and helium, because these were the main gases in the dusty, gassy disk around the Sun from which the planets formed. The Earth and its atmosphere were very hot. Molecules of hydrogen and helium move really fast, especially when warm. Actually, they moved so fast they eventually all escaped Earth's gravity and drifted off into space.

Earth’s “second atmosphere” came from Earth itself. There were lots of volcanoes, many more than today, because Earth’s crust was still forming. The volcanoes released steam (H2O, with two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom), carbon dioxide (CO2, with one carbon atoms and two oxygen atoms), ammonia (NH3, with one nitrogen atom and three hydrogen atoms).

Much of the CO2 dissolved into the oceans. Eventually, a simple form of bacteria developed that could live on energy from the Sun and carbon dioxide in the water, producing oxygen as a waste product. Thus, oxygen began to build up in the atmosphere, while the carbon dioxide levels continued to drop. Meanwhile, the ammonia molecules in the atmosphere were broken apart by sunlight, leaving nitrogen and hydrogen. The hydrogen, being the lightest element, rose to the top of the atmosphere and much of it eventually drifted off into space.

Now we have Earth’s “third atmosphere,” the one we all know and love—an atmosphere containing enough oxygen for animals, including ourselves, to evolve.

So plants and some bacteria use carbon dioxide and give off oxygen, and animals use oxygen and give off carbon-dioxide—how convenient! The atmosphere upon which life depends was created by life itself.

(No, I didn’t write all that myself. Shamelessly stolen.)
Old 01-07-2018, 05:17 PM   #52
Rollypolly
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

Oh mighty one. What should I have for dinner?
Rollypolly is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 05:23 PM   #53
Johnnytricks
Account Disabled

Encounters: 13

Why are we naked, if we evolved from some hairy ape like creature, why didn’t early humans freeze to exstintinction, if it took a long time to evolve intelligence enough to wrap in animal furs. This makes no sense to me.
Johnnytricks is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 06:16 PM   #54
JdeHog
Account Disabled

Encounters: 54

Will we ever get a remastered theatrical cut of the original Star Wars trilogy, without George Lucas' "additions"?
JdeHog is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 06:23 PM   #55
Guest110920
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollypolly View Post
Oh mighty one. What should I have for dinner?
Gyros
Old 01-07-2018, 06:59 PM   #56
arealone
Valued Poster

Encounters: 83

And now I AM delving into the controversial. . . . .

Is man made climate change real, or just a conspiracy?
arealone is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:02 PM   #57
Guest110920
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by arealone View Post
And now I AM delving into the controversial. . . . .

Is man made climate change real, or just a conspiracy?
Yes!
Old 01-07-2018, 07:03 PM   #58
Guest110920
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JdeHog View Post
Will we ever get a remastered theatrical cut of the original Star Wars trilogy, without George Lucas' "additions"?
I doubt it.
Old 01-07-2018, 08:14 PM   #59
Guest110920
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnytricks View Post
Why are we naked, if we evolved from some hairy ape like creature, why didn’t early humans freeze to exstintinction, if it took a long time to evolve intelligence enough to wrap in animal furs. This makes no sense to me.
I have no idea but here's something I found about it:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...man-body-hair/

We humans are conspicuous among the 5,000 or so mammal species in that we are effectively naked. Just consider what your pet dog or cat (or, for that matter, a polar bear) would look like, and how it might feel, if its furry coat were shorn.

Scientists have suggested three main explanations for why humans lack fur. All revolve around the idea that it may have been advantageous for our evolving lineage to have become less and less hairy during the six million years since we shared a common ancestor with our closest living relative, the chimpanzee.

The aquatic-ape hypothesis suggests that six million to eight million years ago apelike ancestors of modern humans had a semiaquatic lifestyle based on foraging for food in shallow waters. Fur is not an effective insulator in water, and so the theory asserts that we evolved to lose our fur, replacing it, as other aquatic mammals have, with relatively high levels of body fat. Imaginative as this explanation is—and helpful in providing us with an excuse for being overweight—paleontological evidence for an aquatic phase of human existence has proven elusive

The second theory is that we lost our fur in order to control our body temperature when we adapted to life on the hot savannah. Our ape ancestors spent most of their time in cool forests, but a furry, upright hominid walking around in the sun would have overheated. The body-cooling idea seems sensible, but even though lacking fur might have made it easier for us to lose heat during the day, we also would have lost more heat at night, when we needed to retain it.

Recently, a colleague and I suggested that ancestors to modern humans became naked as a means to reduce the prevalence of external parasites that routinely infest fur. A furry coat provides an attractive and safe haven for insects such as ticks, lice, biting flies and other "ectoparasites." These creatures not only bring irritation and annoyance but carry viral, bacterial and protozoan-based diseases such as malaria, sleeping sickness, West Nile and Lyme disease, all of which can cause chronic medical problems and, in some cases, death. Humans, by virtue of being able to build fires, construct shelters and produce clothes, would have been able to lose their fur and thereby reduce the numbers of parasites they were carrying without suffering from the cold at night or in colder climates.

Human lice infections, which are confined to the hairy areas of our bodies, seem to support the parasite hypothesis. Naked mole rats, animals that can be described as resembling "overcooked sausages with buck teeth," also seem to support the theory: They live underground in large colonies, in which parasites would be readily transmitted. But the combined warmth of their bodies and the confined underground space probably negate the problem of losing heat to cold air for these animals, allowing them also to become naked.

Once hairlessness had evolved this way, it may have become subject to sexual selection—being a feature in one sex that appealed to another. Smooth, clear skin may have become a signal of health, like a peacock's tail, and could explain why women are naturally less hairy than men and why they put more effort into removing body hair. Despite exposing us to head lice, humans probably retained head hair for protection from the sun and to provide warmth when the air is cold. Pubic hair may have been retained for its role in enhancing pheromones or the airborne odors of sexual attraction.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:12 PM   #60
Johnnytricks
Account Disabled

Encounters: 13

That’s a very in-depth explanation, thanks. I was watching ancient aliens on history channel recently, some scientists believe that advanced aliens may have genetically engineered humans DNA to start intelligent thought. We could be lab rats of a sort , makes me think of the Island of Dr Moreau,lol
Johnnytricks is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women