Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70472
biomed161009
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453033
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47759
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-26-2018, 03:32 PM   #46
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Bullshit. Nobody called him "songbird" until he was smeared with that epithet during the 2008 campaign, 35 years after his POW release. He wrote a book in which he admitted giving the NV his ship's name and squadron number. When they asked for the names of his squadron members, he said he gave the names of the Green Bay Packers' offensive line. There is zero evidence that he gave any "flight intel... which led to more aircraft being shot down." McCain was shot down in October 1967. A few months later he was placed in solitary confinement. For two fucking years. You don't get thrown into solitary for 2 years for cooperating with your captors. After 2 years, most of what he knew would have been obsolete. By then, the NV figured they could score more propaganda points by bringing him out of solitary and pretending to the world he was being treated humanely.

I disagree with parts of his voting record, but that's politics. That's fair game. I am disgusted with anyone who suggests he wasn't enough of a combat hero, or even worse, tries to smear him as some kind of Jane Fonda traitor. Especially within 24 hours of the man's death.

Very well said. Thank you.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 03:36 PM   #47
bamscram
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Bullshit. Nobody called him "songbird" until he was smeared with that epithet during the 2008 campaign, 35 years after his POW release. He wrote a book in which he admitted giving the NV his ship's name and squadron number. When they asked for the names of his squadron members, he said he gave the names of the Green Bay Packers' offensive line. There is zero evidence that he gave any "flight intel... which led to more aircraft being shot down." McCain was shot down in October 1967. A few months later he was placed in solitary confinement. For two fucking years. You don't get thrown into solitary for 2 years for cooperating with your captors. After 2 years, most of what he knew would have been obsolete. By then, the NV figured they could score more propaganda points by bringing him out of solitary and pretending to the world he was being treated humanely.

I disagree with parts of his voting record, but that's politics. That's fair game. I am disgusted with anyone who suggests he wasn't enough of a combat hero, or even worse, tries to smear him as some kind of Jane Fonda traitor. Especially within 24 hours of the man's death.
1+
bamscram is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 03:53 PM   #48
winn dixie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

It's amazing how libs. can now defend the man they once denounced and hated! The man was never in solitary confinement, he was enjoying the perks of being a traitor! The biggest proof is the testimonials from his own peers that were there in the pow camp! Mccain was never trusted, not by his military peers nor by any President that was in office while being a senator.
I say rip to Him, but he was no hero or role model!
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 04:35 PM   #49
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
It's amazing how libs. can now defend the man they once denounced and hated! The man was never in solitary confinement, he was enjoying the perks of being a traitor! The biggest proof is the testimonials from his own peers that were there in the pow camp!
Oh, really? When you say "peers that were there" do you mean like James Stockdale, Congressional Medal of Honor Awardee and Ross Perot's 1992 running mate?

And yes, I agree many of the libs are hideous hypocrites to be praising him now.

November 26, 1999

John McCain in the Crucible

By JAMES B. STOCKDALE

CORONADO, Calif. -- I am not surprised by reports that Senator John McCain's political enemies have been spreading rumors that his famous temper is a sign of a broader "instability" caused by his imprisonment in Vietnam.

In fact, a few weeks ago I received a call from an old friend who is also close to the George W. Bush campaign soliciting comments on Mr. McCain's "weaknesses." As I told that caller, I think John McCain is solid as a rock.

And I consider it blasphemy to smudge the straight-arrow prisoner-of-war record of a man who was near death when he arrived at Hoa Loa prison 1967: both arms broken, left leg broken, left shoulder broken by a civilian with a rifle butt.

He was eventually taken to the same rat-infested hospital room I had occupied two years earlier, and, like me, he had surgery on his leg. By then the Vietnamese had discovered that his father was the ranking admiral in the Pacific Fleet, and he received an offer that, as far as I know, was made to no other American prisoner: immediate release, no strings attached. He refused, thereby sentencing himself to four more years in a cell.

There was a special cramped and hot privy-like structure in that Hanoi prison reserved for whichever American was causing the Vietnamese the most trouble. I was the first in the camp to be locked up in it, and I gave it the name Calcutta.

There was only room for one person at a time in the cage, and after a couple of months I was taken out and marched back to a regular cell. As I limped along, I sneaked a peek at my replacement: John McCain, hobbling along on his own bad leg.

As one of the few Americans who spent more than four years in solitary confinement during that war, I know that pride and self-respect lead to aggressiveness, and aggressiveness leads to a deep sense of joy when one is under pressure. This is hardly a character flaw.

The military psychiatrists who periodically examine former prisoners of war have found that the more resistant a man was to harsh treatment, the more emotionally stable he is likely to become later in life.

The troublemakers who endured long stretches in solitary, the men we called the tigers, are for the most part more in tune with themselves now than are those who chose the easier path of nonconfrontation, which made them "deserving" of cell mates. The psychiatrists tell us that many of those prisoners who chose a more docile existence missed out on the joy of "getting even" after release; some look back on their performances with regret.

The psychiatrists have it partly right, but the truth of imprisonment is best learned from the writings of men who have spent a lot of time in cells, like Dostoyevsky, Cervantes and Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn. The last described his feeling of high-mindedness in his gulag writings:

"And it was only when I lay there on rotting prison straw that I sensed within myself the first stirrings of good. Gradually it was disclosed to me that the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts. . . .

And that is why I turn back to the years of my imprisonment and say, sometimes to the astonishment of those about me: 'Bless you, prison!' "

I understand that, and so does John McCain.

James B. Stockdale, a retired Navy Vice Admiral, was the Reform Party vice-presidential candidate in 1992.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 05:06 PM   #50
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
That ludicrous. So if you don’t like a female candidate, you’re a misogynist?

Ironic you would bring that up, friendly fred.
That is the mantra of the left, and yes it is ironic my fellow Reagan supporter.
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 12:56 AM   #51
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

This is one of those times that if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all..

Geezzzz they haven't even planted him yet.

Let the poor Fucker die in peace

Everyone deserves at least that.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 06:11 AM   #52
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
This is one of those times that if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all.
Actually, that is now true at all times, in all forums...including this one.
Wakeup is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 07:25 AM   #53
Stockinglover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

I’m still walking around with a hardon from this assholes death
Stockinglover is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 07:52 AM   #54
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
This is one of those times that if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all..

Geezzzz they haven't even planted him yet.

Let the poor Fucker die in peace

Everyone deserves at least that.
Agreed.

+1
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 12:00 PM   #55
garhkal
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
I know that many do not put much faith in Snopes but if you can provide any proof to the contrary please do so:

Sure..

https://rightedition.com/2017/02/18/...erans-captors/

https://oathkeepers.org/2016/08/brea...ding-released/
garhkal is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 01:13 PM   #56
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

You know I'm hearing all this stuff about how Trump did not praise McCann enough. Well, everybody knows they didn't like each other so why be a hypocrite about it? Oh wait - if Trump did heap a lot of accolades on McCann the liberals would call him a hypocrite. SMH
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 01:19 PM   #57
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Thanks for the links. I guess it's up to each of us to decide for ourselves which sources of information to believe.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 01:31 PM   #58
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Who's McCann?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 03:08 PM   #59
SweetArielRae
Account Disabled

User ID: 38608
My ECCIE Reviews

Trump is a hypocrite. And many other things!!!
SweetArielRae is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 03:32 PM   #60
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetArielRae View Post
Trump is a hypocrite. And many other things!!!

many of them good .. for America. liberal pundits and thinkers won't agree of course but America needs a Bully President. Trump is the prefect President at the right time to counter the threat of globalism to US sovereignty. Trump is bullying the world and they need their collective butts kicked. It's long past time for America to continue propping up the World. at our expense.

if the World can't function without America being "the leader of the free world (sic)" then they are failures as nations.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women