Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > South Texas > Coed Discussions - South Texas
Coed Discussions - South Texas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70435
biomed160686
Yssup Rider60005
gman4452941
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47607
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37090
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35426
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: Possible Reasons for lack of participation in So TX
So TX is Agency Driven 7 15.91%
Economy 0 0%
White Knighting 13 29.55%
Lack of Talented Providers 15 34.09%
Lack of interesting Posts 4 9.09%
Rules are not followed 5 11.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2016, 02:44 PM   #46
Guest110516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 12

I'm not discounting any of the more specific items given by others. In general, I think the two items below will be a big help.

Feel free to disagree with others, but keep Guidelines 1, 3, and 4 in mind when doing so, http://www.eccie.net/announcement.php?f=5 .

If you think someone has violated a guideline, RTM it instead of bickering about it. Providing the guideline number(s) is a big help.
Guest110516 is offline   Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 03:52 PM   #47
Bit_Banger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptywallet View Post
I'm not discounting any of the more specific items given by others. In general, I think the two items below will be a big help.

Feel free to disagree with others, but keep Guidelines 1, 3, and 4 in mind when doing so, http://www.eccie.net/announcement.php?f=5 .

If you think someone has violated a guideline, RTM it instead of bickering about it. Providing the guideline number(s) is a big help.
An excellent idea!

As a moderator you should be prepared for a lot of work. I'm tempted to RTM ~20% of the posts (from 3 main culprits) in this thread for violations of these very guidelines. But being a newbie here, I'm trying to not kick too much sand around.
Also be prepared for a lot of bickering (and threats) about the infractions you hand out. As people lose their posting privileges, they may modify their behavior, they may leave (no big loss?[1]), or it may become a game of whack-o-mole for the moderators.

Not to be too argumentative, but - Where are the moderators in all of this?
  • Are they sitting back, waiting for RTMs to justify their action(s)?
  • Are they expecting marching orders from the owners before taking control of the discussion boards?
  • Are they fearful of being viewed as despots?
  • Are they part of the problem?

It's been mentioned that discord benefits the owners by driving traffic counts up, thereby driving ad revenue up. I would contend that the absence of discord will draw the RMC out of the woodwork. In this thread I counted only a few culprits amongst the several dozen posters. Consider that dynamic.

[1] If their main contribution to the board is discord, then their absence would be a blessing.
Bit_Banger is offline   Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 04:30 PM   #48
Guest110516
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit_Banger View Post
An excellent idea!

As a moderator you should be prepared for a lot of work. I'm tempted to RTM ~20% of the posts (from 3 main culprits) in this thread for violations of these very guidelines. But being a newbie here, I'm trying to not kick too much sand around.
Also be prepared for a lot of bickering (and threats) about the infractions you hand out. As people lose their posting privileges, they may modify their behavior, they may leave (no big loss?[1]), or it may become a game of whack-o-mole for the moderators.

Not to be too argumentative, but - Where are the moderators in all of this?
  • Are they sitting back, waiting for RTMs to justify their action(s)?
  • Are they expecting marching orders from the owners before taking control of the discussion boards?
  • Are they fearful of being viewed as despots?
  • Are they part of the problem?

It's been mentioned that discord benefits the owners by driving traffic counts up, thereby driving ad revenue up. I would contend that the absence of discord will draw the RMC out of the woodwork. In this thread I counted only a few culprits amongst the several dozen posters. Consider that dynamic.

[1] If their main contribution to the board is discord, then their absence would be a blessing.
I can't speak for the others, but my presence may be felt more strongly in this new year, if necessary. Hopefully, this is not too subtle for those sowing discord.

RTM does help me in terms of knowing when someone is really offended. The story of wrestlers hitting each other with chairs in the ring then leaving in the same car comes to mind. No, not waiting for RTMs, but they can help (again, speaking for myself).

As for the rest, let's see how it goes.
Old 01-02-2016, 06:07 PM   #49
hobbylover
Valued Poster

Quote:

These are GUIDELINES and not rules for a reason. This is where the mods come in who should have a good idea of the intent of each of these. Some are hard and fast such as #2, 5, 9, 10, 15 & 19. Violating these will get you banned instantly and there is little room for interpretation. The others are intentionally vague, I think.

One persons drama is another persons fun, just as in real life. There are those that know how to walk the line very closely, skirting and sometimes pushing the edge until they pick up a point or two in infractions. I'm not familiar of the infraction/points structure so I don't know how many points it takes to get banned nor do I seek to find out.

Even though I put my name in the hat to be a mod, I don't envy emptywallet or the other mods for the position they're placed in. That biomed1 guy, though, is a hardass, a black and white kind of guideline enforcer. Maybe because he knows he'll likely never see us in person. I can respect that. Once again, I don't know if they enforce by committee or independently but they should all be using the same sheet of music.

What's a mod to do (especially a new one) when other mods or admins come and stir the shit?
hobbylover is offline   Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:51 PM   #50
Bit_Banger
Valued Poster

Ah, but when a newbie walks into the room and sees all the drama, the name calling & insults - even if the insults are tongue-in-cheek between best buds, it fosters the impression that this is not a friendly place. One feels like a yuppie in a biker bar. The newbie may say, "F--- this s---!", turns around and leaves, thereby depriving the ladies & board owners of revenue.
But if we hold ourselves to civil discourse, then information may be exchanged and we all profit.

Yes, being a moderator is a thankless, tiring task. Thank you, mods, for your efforts.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:38 PM   #51
Marinina Jadore VIP
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 328915
My ECCIE Reviews

wise words

Quote:
Ah, but when a newbie walks into the room and sees all the drama, the name calling & insults - even if the insults are tongue-in-cheek between best buds, it fosters the impression that this is not a friendly place. One feels like a yuppie in a biker bar. The newbie may say, "F--- this s---!", turns around and leaves, thereby depriving the ladies & board owners of revenue.
But if we hold ourselves to civil discourse, then information may be exchanged and we all profit.

Yes, being a moderator is a thankless, tiring task. Thank you, mods, for your efforts.
Marinina Jadore VIP is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:39 PM   #52
nedsum121
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

Wow i think Bit_Banger got it 100 percent right. I remember a time when girls used to visit from Dallas and Houston. We had so much fun. In the end that is what it is all about. A place where the guys and providers can meet and we share our experiences. I think we need to get back to that. I know i have slowed down on seeing several of the girls. There was a time I carried the gold card from RGV Next Door. Weekly id see who ever the newest flavor was. Now i just see one when she visits. I know she talks about how few guys now book or write reviews. She even said it is becoming not worth the travel for her. She can go to CC or San Antonio and make double or triple. She says it all died about the time the infighting started. So in other word it hurts everyone. From the monger to the agency to the provider.

You know its a new year so lets try to make this the best year ever. Lets get away from name calling and silly rivalry. Remember at the end of the the pond that is RGV is small and doing that only makes it less attractive for everyone.
nedsum121 is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:48 PM   #53
rjdiner
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 51

Well the people who run this board have basically killed the goose that laid the golden egg and I hope they pay for it. They appointed Mods from out of town who are basically hired guns to ban people and disable the accounts of the guys who are bringing in the pussy. That guarantees a fucked up forum like this. They don't deserve to make money when they have a shitty business model wherein they showed some of our most prolific players in SoTx how to set up an agency, then banned them for having a dual handle (agency owner and personal handle). They set them up when they encouraged and showed them how to set up an agency knowing full well they had a personal handle also.

There was a time I gave a shit about the business health of this board, but that ship sailed a long time ago. Frankly, to paraphrase a major Houston fucktard, they get the board they deserve. If they continue to move in that direction they will fuck up the entire board and they would deserve to go out of business.

I can assure you I'll never lift a finger again to promote this board. I will help my friends as best I can but to hell with the administrators of this board.
rjdiner is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:24 PM   #54
Guest110516
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdiner View Post
Well the people who run this board have basically killed the goose that laid the golden egg and I hope they pay for it. They appointed Mods from out of town who are basically hired guns to ban people and disable the accounts of the guys who are bringing in the pussy. That guarantees a fucked up forum like this. They don't deserve to make money when they have a shitty business model wherein they showed some of our most prolific players in SoTx how to set up an agency, then banned them for having a dual handle (agency owner and personal handle). They set them up when they encouraged and showed them how to set up an agency knowing full well they had a personal handle also.

There was a time I gave a shit about the business health of this board, but that ship sailed a long time ago. Frankly, to paraphrase a major Houston fucktard, they get the board they deserve. If they continue to move in that direction they will fuck up the entire board and they would deserve to go out of business.

I can assure you I'll never lift a finger again to promote this board. I will help my friends as best I can but to hell with the administrators of this board.
I just want to make it clear: South Texas currently has three agencies. To me, it sounds like you are saying all of our agencies are gone. They're not. In terms of personal accounts, agency owners can send me a PM about their options. They can go through others, and I'm NOT saying I can make any final decisions. I'm just saying my cyber door is open, and I can give information and advice.

In terms of everything else you wrote, honestly, I don't know what happened in the past, and I'm not going to try to figure it out. I'm going to move forward instead of looking back.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:39 PM   #55
Bit_Banger
Valued Poster

Quote:

In terms of everything else you wrote, honestly, I don't know what happened in the past, and I'm not going to try to figure it out. I'm going to move forward instead of looking back.
A very wise move.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:02 PM   #56
djsps
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Quote:
Ah, but when a newbie walks into the room and sees all the drama, the name calling & insults - even if the insults are tongue-in-cheek between best buds, it fosters the impression that this is not a friendly place.
I, personally dipped out this past month due to busy schedule....I try to contribute as often as i can...but my friend here makes a valid point....it is annoying to see grown men carry on like immature bitches would.

peace and love, peace and love
djsps is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:55 PM   #57
nedsum121
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

I agree it becomes annoying. I just do not want to see Eccie rgv be like this. I hope it moves forward. If we do not everyone looses....
nedsum121 is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 06:18 AM   #58
Mr. Smith111
Account Disabled

Encounters: 51

Let's all gather round the campfire, hold hands and sing Kumbaya.
Mr. Smith111 is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:42 AM   #59
Bit_Banger
Valued Poster

Lightbulb A proposal - New Forum

I would like to propose a new forum under the South Texas heading:

The Cage
This would be an unmoderated (mostly *) forum where those who want to sling insults may do so with impunity - a veritable free for all of their own. But should they bring their trash talk out into the other forums, slap them down like Ronda Rousey.

(*) Moderate sufficiently to eliminate discussion of controlled substances, pedophilia, or other topics which would increase board scrutiny.

EDIT: This post is only 1/2 in jest.
Old 01-05-2016, 07:43 AM   #60
Bit_Banger
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smith111 View Post
Let's all gather round the campfire, hold hands and sing Kumbaya.
Don't forget that the crowds who sang "Kumbaya" also sang "We Shall Overcome".

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women