Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160612
Yssup Rider59951
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47573
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35403
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: Guys, would you be able to handle a serious relationship with an ASP?
Yes 71 61.21%
No 40 34.48%
Other (please explain) 5 4.31%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Closed

Old 09-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #46
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 21422
My ECCIE Reviews

Please do not misunderstand what I am trying to get across...I am not saying anyone is "wrong" in their decisions. I simply don't get the explinations most people give when they try and explain open relationships to me. Everyone in an open relationship always says, "It's not about sex" when they are having sex with everyone. That's what I don't get. If it's NOT about sex, why must both parties demand it from other people? If one day he up and says, "Look I don't want to do this anymore" is the girl going to leave? I would think the couple that is married and faithful for 50 years who are NOT having sex, are the ones who have a relationship NOT based on sex.

I have many friends in these types of relationships, but they are also realists. They never use this same explination to define it.

BTW Buzz, trying to "prove" God exists is about as moot as trying to get your point across on Eccie when you're not logged in. You can't prove faith with science or explination. The very definition of faith is the evidence of things NOT SEEN.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:11 AM   #47
MrGiz
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Rayne View Post
Please do not misunderstand what I am trying to get across...I am not saying anyone is "wrong" in their decisions. I simply don't get the explinations most people give when they try and explain open relationships to me. Everyone in an open relationship always says, "It's not about sex" when they are having sex with everyone. That's what I don't get. If it's NOT about sex, why must both parties demand it from other people? If one day he up and says, "Look I don't want to do this anymore" is the girl going to leave? I would think the couple that is married and faithful for 50 years who are NOT having sex, are the ones who have a relationship NOT based on sex.

I have many friends in these types of relationships, but they are also realists. They never use this same explination to define it.

BTW Buzz, trying to "prove" God exists is about as moot as trying to get your point across on Eccie when you're not logged in. You can't prove faith with science or explination. The very definition of faith is the evidence of things NOT SEEN.
I think you "might " be a little confused about what many sexually open relationships are "based " on.* I don't believe we have ever tried to defend our sexually open relationship by saying "it's not about sex " (which, it is not).... just as sex is not "demanded " from others.... I have no idea, where you get that impression!* The types of relationships I and a few others are speaking about here, are "based " on honesty, trust, love, committment... just as any other traditional relationship is.* Sex is simply something that is openly "enjoyed " (and profited from, in the provider's case) without dishonesty, deceipt, or guilt.

I believe even you would agree that such a relationship is better than one in which lies, deceipt, mis-trust, and cheating is taking place , yes?

Obviously not for everyone.... but only because not everyone is even interested!!
Old 09-07-2011, 11:15 AM   #48
Rachelle69Romance
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 81692
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I would like to think that a "Fairy Tale" could develop such as the movie Pretty Woman, but I'm sure that reality check would bounce! I believe it would be a rare find that both partners could except & trust each other completely! Jealousy is human nature & habits die hard!
If I could just find that one guy that could fulfill all my fantasies I need no other ;D (I'd try damn hard to make sure all his fantasies became reality)!
Old 09-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #49
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 21422
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiz View Post
I think you "might " be a little confused about what many sexually open relationships are "based " on.* I don't believe we have ever tried to defend our sexually open relationship by saying "it's not about sex " (which, it is not).... just as sex is not "demanded " from others.... I have no idea, where you get that impression!* The types of relationships I and a few others are speaking about here, are "based " on honesty, trust, love, committment... just as any other traditional relationship is.* Sex is simply something that is openly "enjoyed " (and profited from, in the provider's case) without dishonesty, deceipt, or guilt.

I believe even you would agree that such a relationship is better than one in which lies, deceipt, mis-trust, and cheating is taking place , yes?o

Obviously not for everyone.... but only because not everyone is even interested!!
You have never done that, but look a few posts up and tell me where I got it from lol. If tomorrow your GF told you she refused to let you be with other people anymore would you still be with her? Would she with you if the roles were reversed? If not, then it IS about sex. That's what I am saying. I don't see how you can say it's about love, trust, and committment, when there IS no reason to think otherwise. How can you trust someone when they are allowed to do whatever they want to begin with? What's not to trust when no one has to be held accountable for anything? Do you mean you trust them not to leave?

How can there be a committment, when there is no committment? You may just have to pm me, so I can get this, because I honestly don't. Why would I have to worry about a guy who I let screw everyone in the first place? I see that's what some want...the ability not to have to worry, but I just don't think I would go about it that way. I do agree that it is better to be with someone who feels the same way vs. cheating and lying though...that I can get.

I am really not trying to be difficult, but I honestly can't grasp this. Maybe it's just like you said...because I have never been interested in it, so I can't understand it.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:40 AM   #50
hellskitten2010
Account Disabled

User ID: 40412

Thank you, London, for this post. I've been curious myself. I tend to push people away IRL because of what I do, until I can find something that is comparable, that gives me freedom to be authentic. When I met my ex, I was a provider. I can't lie at all, so I told him early on. He wanted me to quit, that day, and I did out of respect for him, but was not prepared for it, and was too dependent on him. Then, I dated someone seriously for a few months last year, that I met through friends, that worked for the Supreme Court, and while he was intelligent enough to understand the business, and need for it, and my perspective, it made me uncomfortable(he wanted me out, but wasn't in a position to help get me out, and it killed me seeing that in his eyes everyday). Occasionally I meet someone I wish that I had met another way, and I have tried to give clients the benefit of the doubt sometimes, and date them, but it makes me uncomfortable that we met the way we did, and in the long run, I am expendable, and nobody wants to feel that way. I even had one client that stopped the session before anything happened, so that we could date(we had been talking for a while), but he had motive(a fetish that he was obsessed with). I think it would take a very special guy, that genuinely cares about you and your other talents, who could afford to give you time to heal & find something more condusive to a relationship. On the flipside, I think providers past & present make excellent SO's....we appreciate love and kindness, we understand the "Nature of the Beast", don't begrudge men their instincts, flaws, know what we are getting into and are not threatened by it, we generally don't subscribe to typical female behaviors and pettiness, and know what's important.(At least those of us that are somewhat "normal", not cracked-out, scandalous thieves, that is
Old 09-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #51
MrGiz
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Rayne View Post
You have never done that, but look a few posts up and tell me where I got it from lol. If tomorrow your GF told you she refused to let you be with other people anymore would you still be with her? Would she with you if the roles were reversed? If not, then it IS about sex. That's what I am saying. I don't see how you can say it's about love, trust, and committment, when there IS no reason to think otherwise. How can you trust someone when they are allowed to do whatever they want to begin with? What's not to trust when no one has to be held accountable for anything? Do you mean you trust them not to leave?

How can there be a committment, when there is no committment? You may just have to pm me, so I can get this, because I honestly don't. Why would I have to worry about a guy who I let screw everyone in the first place? I see that's what some want...the ability not to have to worry, but I just don't think I would go about it that way. I do agree that it is better to be with someone who feels the same way vs. cheating and lying though...that I can get.

I am really not trying to be difficult, but I honestly can't grasp this. Maybe it's just like you said...because I have never been interested in it, so I can't understand it.
I believe your last two sentences pretty much sums up your position of understanding and acceptance fairly well.... so be it.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:59 AM   #52
Shayla
Account Disabled

User ID: 63158
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
I can understand someone saying they couldn't or wouldn't be "able" to do it, for whatever reason "they " see fit.... but those who say it would be "wrong " for anyone else to do so are simply narrow-minded, self-righteous, bigots!

Sex is sex... love is love... honesty is honesty... trust is trust... nobody, no group, no government, no religion holds any moral position over the decisions two adults make between themselves! PERIOD!

Of course... that's just my opinion
LOL, you really think so? I think you better think about that.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:06 PM   #53
MrGiz
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayla View Post
LOL, you really think so? I think you better think about that.
Key word in my statement was "moral ". . . . I can assure! you that I am correct on that point!
Old 09-07-2011, 12:06 PM   #54
Naomi4u
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 55719
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelle69Romance View Post
I would like to think that a "Fairy Tale" could develop such as the movie Pretty Woman, but I'm sure that reality check would bounce!
I would looooooove that. *sigh* Any Richard Gere lookalikes here? Let's role play.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:10 PM   #55
Shayla
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Key word in my statement was "moral ". . . . I can assure! you that I am correct on that point!
So tell me then - where do your morals stem from?
Old 09-07-2011, 12:33 PM   #56
thumpusa
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

One of my favorite providers always leaves me asking myself this question. I guess that proves how good she is at the fantasy. IMO the ladies would handle it better than the guys.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:46 PM   #57
MrGiz
BANNED

Quote:
From my own innate, human, sense of right & wrong. I have never allowed societal consensus to dictate or mandate what is "moral " for me!
Old 09-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #58
Shayla
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
From my own innate, human, sense of right & wrong. I have never let societal consensus dictate what is "moral " for me!
Society dictates most of our morals. Some just choose to ignore them.
Your 'innate, human sense' of right and wrong was a direct influence of what you've been taught.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:55 PM   #59
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:

It looks to me like there is an inconsistant definition of "moral" here. Maybe if each defined their perception of moral it might clear up.

A clear example is that many people would define a providers activities as immoral. I would not. I would define them as immoral only if they were harming themselves or their client. As long as both parties agreed to the terms and both parties fulfilled their end of the agreement and were happy at the end then I believe that the activity is moral.

Another example is an insurance or investment salesman that sell a policy or investment that makes him the higher commision when other better alternatives were available is considered moral and I would consider it immoral.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:55 PM   #60
buzzworm86
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi4u View Post
I would looooooove that. *sigh* Any Richard Gere lookalikes here? Let's role play.
Sorry, I only look like George Clooney
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women