Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59956
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47573
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35405
Mojojo33117

Old 07-18-2022, 09:59 AM   #46
bb1961
Valued Poster

The democraps are the ones in favor of defunding the police...less law inforcement...more lawlessness.
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 10:01 AM   #47
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1961 View Post
The democraps are the ones in favor of defunding the police...less law information...more lawlessness.

Well.. I can say in my city-- which is completely Dem ran-- they've been increasing funding to the police and to community action agencies that deal with urban youth here. So-- the notion that all Democrats want to defund the police is absolute bunk.
Grace Preston is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 10:07 AM   #48
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Preston View Post
Well.. I can say in my city-- which is completely Dem ran-- they've been increasing funding to the police and to community action agencies that deal with urban youth here. So-- the notion that all Democrats want to defund the police is absolute bunk.
So have the Police been given a raise, if so how much?
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 11:24 AM   #49
texassapper
Premium Access

Encounters: 36

Quote:
Well.. I can say in my city-- which is completely Dem ran-- they've been increasing funding to the police and to community action agencies that deal with urban youth here.
Urban youths? Is that code? Who or what are the Urban Youth?

Quote:
So-- the notion that all Democrats want to defund the police is absolute bunk.
Must have been our imagination then all the defund the police banter.. they were probably some of those mythical Hard left wingers that we never read about.
texassapper is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 11:33 AM   #50
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by texassapper View Post

Must have been our imagination then all the defund the police banter.. they were probably some of those mythical Hard left wingers that we never read about.
Dude...
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 11:34 AM   #51
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
So have the Police been given a raise, if so how much?
Police funding and salaries are public record. Google is your friend.

Of course funding the police departments in the "defund the police" hysteria had nothing to do with pay raises for city employees. Looks like you're tripping over your own talking points.

Old 07-18-2022, 11:39 AM   #52
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:

Urban youth-- pretty much anyone who lives within "the ring" here in Cincinnati. Before you try to take up arms to battle-- it includes people of all races. It would also include my own child, since I do live within "the ring". There are a ton of programs aimed at keeping kids out of trouble, off of substances, in school, etc.

First year officers with CPD make $65867. That's a good bit more than rookie officers in Dallas make.. and also more than what a starting officer in Houston would make. If I'm reading the step plan correctly, its more than what officers in Chicago get paid their first year as well. So yes-- Cincinnati does make efforts to pay their police force.
Old 07-18-2022, 01:13 PM   #53
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Quote:
Urban youth-- pretty much anyone who lives within "the ring" here in Cincinnati. Before you try to take up arms to battle-- it includes people of all races. It would also include my own child, since I do live within "the ring". There are a ton of programs aimed at keeping kids out of trouble, off of substances, in school, etc.

First year officers with CPD make $65867. That's a good bit more than rookie officers in Dallas make.. and also more than what a starting officer in Houston would make. If I'm reading the step plan correctly, its more than what officers in Chicago get paid their first year as well. So yes-- Cincinnati does make efforts to pay their police force.

I remember a time when building more basketball courts with lights was thought to reduce crime. It didn't because they couldn't keep the lights on and crime naturally was drawn to the courts. Helping the urban youth sounds like a worthy goal but in reality it has nothing to do with gang activity.

What is your police force doing to actually reduce crime like incarcerating violent criminals? Are the pro-active or re-active? Do they have a gang unit, a guns unit, a plain clothes unit who the criminals don't seem to like much.
HedonistForever is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 01:36 PM   #54
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Police funding and salaries are public record. Google is your friend.

Of course funding the police departments in the "defund the police" hysteria had nothing to do with pay raises for city employees. Looks like you're tripping over your own talking points.

I don't know what city she's talking about. But the National Average for a Rookie Police Officer is just under 32, 000 a year. That's seems awfully low. Talk of "Defunding Police" resonates across the country. Police Officers won't view it as anything positive.
Old 07-18-2022, 02:31 PM   #55
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
I don't know what city she's talking about. But the National Average for a Rookie Police Officer is just under 32, 000 a year. That's seems awfully low. Talk of "Defunding Police" resonates across the country. Police Officers won't view it as anything positive.

Cincinnati Ohio

Its also important to note that the national average for a rookie officer also includes what they are paid while in academy. Most places pay anywhere from 28k-36k to officers during their 6 month academy training. So-- that will skew the numbers a little bit. National average for a 2nd year officer is 55k.

The police here have an issue with being more reactive than proactive. The most frustrating thing is that for years they've released crime data by neighborhood every month. They haven't updated the data since April of this year for some strange reason.

Most neighborhoods here (there are 52 distinct ones in Cincinnati) have an assigned resource officer. There are multiple units including a gang unit, a gun unit, several UC's (but their UC's need work... they do a lot of stupid shit that makes them obvious). We have the PiVOT program here (aimed to decrease violence in the worst neighborhoods). A lot of the rougher neighborhoods have Shot Spotter to help notify police of gun activity since neighbors often don't want to get involved. We have 6 police districts here and a good bit of coverage for a city with only 300k residents. For example, we currently have 1053 sworn officers in Cincinnati. Orlando-- with a population around the same as Cincinnati, has around 450. Corpus Christi has 466. Pittsburgh has around 800.

The difference between the haves and the have nots in this city is vast-- possibly the biggest gap I've ever seen out of everywhere I've lived. For the longest while, Over The Rhine had the distinction of being the most dangerous neighborhood in the nation. They gentrified the heck out of about half of OTR and that brought the stats down-- but the untouched half of OTR is really... really rough. They built a shiny new soccer stadium smack in the middle of West End-- which is also a bad neighborhood-- but the stadium literally butts up to the Precinct 1 station.

You have a predominantly blue collar city that has been decimated by shifts in manufacturing for decades. The past few years have been better for the workforce here-- and there are several corporate HQ's here which make the city look better on paper... but the reality isn't pretty.
Old 07-18-2022, 10:13 PM   #56
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Quote:
Cincinnati Ohio

Its also important to note that the national average for a rookie officer also includes what they are paid while in academy. Most places pay anywhere from 28k-36k to officers during their 6 month academy training. So-- that will skew the numbers a little bit. National average for a 2nd year officer is 55k.

The police here have an issue with being more reactive than proactive. The most frustrating thing is that for years they've released crime data by neighborhood every month. They haven't updated the data since April of this year for some strange reason.

Most neighborhoods here (there are 52 distinct ones in Cincinnati) have an assigned resource officer. There are multiple units including a gang unit, a gun unit, several UC's (but their UC's need work... they do a lot of stupid shit that makes them obvious). We have the PiVOT program here (aimed to decrease violence in the worst neighborhoods). A lot of the rougher neighborhoods have Shot Spotter to help notify police of gun activity since neighbors often don't want to get involved. We have 6 police districts here and a good bit of coverage for a city with only 300k residents. For example, we currently have 1053 sworn officers in Cincinnati. Orlando-- with a population around the same as Cincinnati, has around 450. Corpus Christi has 466. Pittsburgh has around 800.

The difference between the haves and the have nots in this city is vast-- possibly the biggest gap I've ever seen out of everywhere I've lived. For the longest while, Over The Rhine had the distinction of being the most dangerous neighborhood in the nation. They gentrified the heck out of about half of OTR and that brought the stats down-- but the untouched half of OTR is really... really rough. They built a shiny new soccer stadium smack in the middle of West End-- which is also a bad neighborhood-- but the stadium literally butts up to the Precinct 1 station.

You have a predominantly blue collar city that has been decimated by shifts in manufacturing for decades. The past few years have been better for the workforce here-- and there are several corporate HQ's here which make the city look better on paper... but the reality isn't pretty.

As in most cases, it sounds like the police are doing what they are suppose to be doing. I guess like every other city where police are doing their job but the DA and judges may not be doing their job. How could they be doing their job with a crime rate like that? The police and the politicians must be on the same page or you got what we are witnesses in cities all over this country.

It is time in this country to put on the BigBoy pants and do what we know we must do and the damnedest thing is, the police know who the threats are because they have arrested them several times and it doesn't take on Einstein to know that what Democrats and some Rinos are doing, cash bail on felonies, doing away with 3 strikes laws like the Los Angeles, DA in California, is trying to do.
HedonistForever is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 10:31 PM   #57
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

That's pretty targeted rhetoric HF.

The police are "supposed" to be protecting and serving the public. They take oaths and are paid.

Yet somehow this is about Democrats and Rinos?

And Einstein???
Old 07-19-2022, 12:29 AM   #58
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Cincinnati Ohio

Academy recruits aren't paid that much. They do get a good raise to the base salary when they are confirmed, which is anywhere from 6-12 months after they Graduate from the academy. I know this because my Aunt was a Cop in Chicago. She spent three years working Patrol and then became a Juvenile Detective.
Old 07-19-2022, 06:38 AM   #59
texassapper
Premium Access

Encounters: 36

Quote:
The difference between the haves and the have nots in this city is vast
Well that's what 50 years of Democrat policies will get you... Sounds like the voters of Cincinnati are getting EXACTLY what they voted for.

Hard to have sympathy for voters in a democratic society complaining about their government unless their votes were somehow stolen.
texassapper is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 07:11 AM   #60
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Well that's what 50 years of Democrat policies will get you... Sounds like the voters of Cincinnati are getting EXACTLY what they voted for.

Hard to have sympathy for voters in a democratic society complaining about their government unless their votes were somehow stolen.

Well.. the problems began much earlier than that-- even my own house was once part of a bootlegging operation during prohibition. George Remus himself was a Cincinnatian. Back then-- you had the wealthy on the hill and the poor in the shanties. This is also the home of Procter and Gamble-- a company rich with controversy. I live just a few blocks from the old Gamble mansion-- or what's left of it anyhow.

Corruption is rife at city hall here.. there have been multiple convictions in the past couple of years, including one high profile one just this month--- P.G. Sittenfeld was once the "heir apparent" for the mayoral job-- but got caught up in a major pay to play scandal. Gotta know that something is very wrong when candidates are spending close to a million dollars to run for a job that pays 65k a year. I've been paying close attention to the spending reports-- I had once considered actually running for office, but quickly realized I just didn't have the pull nor the purse to be a viable candidate.

Its also important to note that Cincinnati was home to one of the largest pain clinic "pill mills" in the US. When that was shut down by the Feds... well... there's only a couple of reasonable substitutes when you can't get your pain pills anymore. And for those who like to bring race into crime stats-- most of those "problems" are white.

Levianon-- Academy recruits here are paid 38k while in academy. What's odd to me is that CIncinnati, by and large, is less expensive than most of the country in terms of cost of living-- even though we just got hit pretty hard in the housing market escalation.

Cincinnati has long been plagued with various problems in regards to poverty and race. We've had a couple of major race riots here.. and there is a lot of history in this city. I'd love to say that it doesn't play a part in things now-- but just driving around the city would prove otherwise.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business...suburb/398303/

https://www.cincinnatimagazine.com/b...on-cincinnati/

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women