Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59943
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47567
pyramider46370
bambino40332
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35397
Mojojo33117

Old 07-13-2010, 10:16 PM   #46
Grathic
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard K View Post
Oden, as much as I'm proud of my state, you might want to look at this...

http://www.snopes.com/history/american/texasflag.asp
I didn't read this past the first paragraph. Texas was not a "quasi-independent republic". It was an independent republic for about 10 years, and was recognized as such by several nations, including the US and France.
Grathic is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:20 PM   #47
Sa_artman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by oden View Post
I have to say that I have never taken an internet site as the last word on anything but I will give in to a Texas
Aggie on anything regarding Texas and I do this as a Longhorn; Aggie's are Texans to the core.
What? What kind of Longhorn are you?

Some Aggies were trying to scare the Longhorn football team before the game and threw firecrackers into the
locker room windows.
The Longhorns lit them and threw them back!
Sa_artman is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:40 PM   #48
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Quote:
Well I for one would love to read Chelsea's response to the bomb Tush threw into the middle of a glowing review on her. Too bad It was removed. All this you can't do or say something because it offends me is baloney.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grathic View Post
Here Here! Political Correctness is a cancer. An example of the Slippery Slope that's gone too far.

Just what we need in America, more open racism. Yeah, people have a right to express it. And everyone else has a right to disapprove and be disgusted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
It's flag for God sake......if it offends you then it is better for the both of you not to see each other.
It's a symbol universally know in the U.S. as one of racial hatred and division despite the efforts of apologists to try to claim it stands for something else. Do you think it would be non-offensive for a provider to be wrapped in a Nazi flag? Or with I sign that said, "I hate n***ers"? It's the exact same thing.

And as for the revisionist history being peddled by some here that the South didn't care initially about slavery, that is unmitigated bullshit.

First, slavery is extensively mentioned in the Confederate Constitution.

See: http://blogcritics.org/politics/arti...s-tale/page-2/

Also look at the Cornerstone Speech by the Vice President of the Confederacy, Alexander Stephens, on March 21, 1861.

The prevailing ideas entertained by [Thomas Jefferson] and most of the leading statesmen at the time of the formation of the old constitution, were that the enslavement of the African was in violation of the laws of nature; that it was wrong in principle, socially, morally, and politically ... Those ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. It was a sandy foundation, and the government built upon it fell when the "storm came and the wind blew."
Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner-stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth.

http://teachingamericanhistory.org/l...cumentprint=76

Late in the war, when Lee offered a plan for peace that involved freeing slaves permanently, it's rejection was swift and unequivocal:

Brig. Gen. Clement H. Stevens: "If slavery is to be abolished then I take no more interest in our fight."

Gov. Zebulon Vance of North Carolina: "Our independence is chiefly desirable for the preservation of our political institutions, the principal of which is slavery."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...030201518.html

Also see:

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informe...mer/white-lies

More if you really are interested in the truth all over the place.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:47 PM   #49
oden
Valued Poster

Well,I said they are Texans to the core,and they are; I made no other point implied or otherwise.
oden is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:05 PM   #50
Sa_artman
Valued Poster

Quote:
Well,I said they are Texans to the core,and they are; I made no other point implied or otherwise.
It's a joke man. Lighten up.
Sa_artman is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:30 PM   #51
Guest030911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5
My ECCIE Reviews

Cracker, please!

I think some people here need to lick some taint and get laid properly...
Guest030911 is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:59 PM   #52
oden
Valued Poster

[quote=TexTushHog;423953]Just what we need in America, more open racism. Yeah, people have a right to express it. And everyone else has a right to disapprove and be disgusted.

It's a symbol universally know in the U.S. as one of racial hatred and division despite the efforts of apologists to try to claim it stands for something else. Do you think it would be non-offensive for a provider to be wrapped in a Nazi flag? Or with I sign that said, "I hate n***ers"? It's the exact same thing.[/quot

Just because you say it does not make it so. Get a life that is not dependent on bending others to kowtow to your beliefs and please quit even referring to that word that is never brought up on in civilized discussions but by white liberals with an agenda.
oden is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:27 AM   #53
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
It's a symbol universally know in the U.S. as one of racial hatred and division despite the efforts of apologists to try to claim it stands for something else. Do you think it would be non-offensive for a provider to be wrapped in a Nazi flag? Or with I sign that said, "I hate n***ers"? It's the exact same thing.
How do you know what she meant? And seeing how you don't, then how can you say it is the exact same thing as saying she hates blacks?

Under cross your argument does not hold up. You are full of to many assumptions.

Quote:
More if you really are interested in the truth all over the place.
I'm intrested in the truth but I also understand that at times the truth is shaded in grays. Your assumption that the Rebel flag means hatred towards blacks by everyone that supports that symbol is just wrong.

Be like saying every person that wears leather hates cows. Come on man , get a grip.

I look only to the good qualities of men. Not being faultless myself, I won't presume to probe into the faults of others.
Mohandas Gandhi

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:23 AM   #54
MrGiz
BANNED

Quote:
How do you know what she meant?
He doesn't!

Quote:
And seeing how you don't, then how can you say it is the exact same thing as saying she hates blacks?
He cannot!

Quote:
You are full of to many assumptions.
Yes, he is!

I'll go ahead and make the assumption that time is wasted, trying to argue the point any further.

Giz
MrGiz is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:44 AM   #55
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
You are full of to many assumptions.
Hope you are awaiting a lightning strike from PJ...
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:45 AM   #56
Grathic
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Just what we need in America, more open racism. Yeah, people have a right to express it. And everyone else has a right to disapprove and be disgusted.
Thank you for another fine example of liberal thought. I say political correctness is a cancer, you call me a racist. Nice. Please, if you wish to bludgeon me into submission with name calling, choose a different hammer.

Quote:

And as for the revisionist history being peddled by some here that the South didn't care initially about slavery, that is unmitigated bullshit.
As I stated with my original response here, you can (and obviously will) see what you choose to see when you look at a symbol.

Myself, I think of the General Lee when I see a rebel flag. Dang it I just loved those duke boys. And miss Daisy, can't forget miss Daisy. Especially in the later years (I was 9 when the show came out, and fast cars still meant more to me than pretty girls). Call me a hater, call me shallow, call me unsympathetic to the plight of the oppressed from how ever many years ago that was. I'll just correct you or not, as the case may be.

Back to the original posters question though, I do not think that just because one shows partisanship with the old south by showing the rebel flag intrinsically means they are racist and allow hatred to rule their lives. I think dismissing someone as having such beliefs based on nothing more than showing the rebel flag is short sighted and shallow minded.

HOWEVER, I agree with miss Vivienne Rey and miss Ansley one hundred and ten percent! If something you see, read, or infer sets your spidy sense to tingling about seeing someone, then don't.

If your question is: "Is it unreasonable of me to refuse to see someone based on an unfounded assumption?"
The answer is: No. It is not unreasonable at all.
Grathic is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:46 AM   #57
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Antecdote...

A young white kid I know went off to college. He had always had the rebel flag hanging in his bedroom. He took it with him to college and had it hanging from his bunk. Turns out his new roommate was black, but said nothing about the flag.

Months later, once they had become buddies, the black kid told him one night...that when he first moved in, seeing that flag did worry him a bit. But he decided to see what happened. They instead became buddies and still are to this date. Both of them now know, what only the white kid knew at the time...that such flag did not reflect anything but pride in being a southerner. His actions reflected his true self. And the black kid had enough intelligence at a young age to see past a potentially worrisome symbol to see what laid within the person.

The white kid was my son some 12-14 years ago. Both of these kids (now young men, I guess) have more going for them than all the ambulance chasing, liberal, elitist blowhards in Texas, who can't see past the end of their own arrogance.

Symbols mean different things to different people...they are not "universally' anything. Only a narrow minded twit would assume that what the symbol means to him is what the symbol means to everyone.

Only one person in this thread had the crassness to use the derogatory term for a black man. He tries to lay it off on others...but it is instead a reflection of himself.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:07 AM   #58
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
Now given these "rights" I assume a lady has just as much right to rule out Southern gentlemen who may be emotionally attached to the Confederacy as one who posts NBA in her ads and websites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansley View Post
Charles you just don't see southern gentlemen hanging the rebel flag out in front of their house or on their vehicle. As Stick1969 said its distasteful, lacks couth and I'll add tacky. On the other hand it wouldn't surprise me to see a decal on their truck or atv down at their hunting club. These days when I see somebody blatantly sporting the rebel flag I think of a redneck.

Speaking of rednecks http://projects.accessatlanta.com/ga...ck-games-2010/
[OK. I didn't see a whole page of this thread until today...something in the linkage I guess.]

Ans. You clearly differentiate a "Southern gentleman" from a "Redneck." First of all, I used the term "Southern gentleman" to stay away from epithets. And, however I may agree you won't see "Southern gentlemen" hanging rebel flags outside their homes, but that doesn't mean their feelings aren't aligned that way. What is in one's heart is not always what is on one's sleeve.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:18 AM   #59
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Quote:
Do you think it would be non-offensive for a provider to be wrapped in a Nazi flag?
Like this (Jesse James wasn't offended)?
Old 07-14-2010, 08:39 AM   #60
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default TTH is a smart cookie, mabe he will see his fallacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiz View Post

I'll go ahead and make the assumption that time is wasted, trying to argue the point any further.

Giz
I will second your assumption.
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women