Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70438
biomed160743
Yssup Rider60095
gman4452947
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47639
pyramider46370
bambino40352
CryptKicker37097
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35474
Mojojo33117

Old 09-09-2011, 07:51 PM   #46
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Perry is right, Adam fuc'd Eve and here we all are...good God!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaximander View Post
Perry is right.
By design or default, he is correct.
We only know what we don't know.
And even that an honest scientist
would tell you we're not certain on that.
I understand science you dipshit.

Perry is not right. SS is not a Ponzi scheme. Unless you do not think there will be workers in the future. Are you really that stupid?
Do you think there will be no workers here in this country in thirty years?

That is wtf a Ponzi scheme is. SS benifits are not going to some scam artist . Everyone is getting their proper benifits. Ponzi schemes do not operate like SS. Where the fuc did you go to school? Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity and yes Rachael Meadows are stupid shits and for you to parrot them is a waste of my time.

Yes we need to make some hard choices about just what direction we as a nation need to take but we can not even have a discussion with lies like this floating around.

Medicare is the real problem. People pay in around 120k and take out around 300k, most of that at the very end of their life. But if you try and discuss that math problem, you have the Sara Palin's of the world screaming "DEATH PANELS"

We have raised a country of selfish morons.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:24 PM   #47
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
The political lies from all politicians refusing to face the problem because it is a future problem is the issue. Well the future is here and people like you defending the liberal BS and blaming people blindly are not going to help anything.
It never ceases to amaze me how many people are willing to casually claim Republicans are as much a problem as Democrats, yet they reserve their scorn for Democrats.

Let me make this clear. We have SS and Medicare and Medicaid because people want those programs. By a wide margin. That's where the Democrats come in. Giving people what they want. And since we want it, we should pay for it. But that's where Republicans come in. Making sure we don't.

So yeah, both parties are at fault. Democrats are at fault for making sure people have the programs they want. And Republicans are at fault for refusing to pay for it. Period.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:29 PM   #48
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

If wanting the government to spend the money it takes from me responsibly, and according to the Constitution, then that's me. SS is a Ponzi scheme, because soon those contributing, thinking they will get a return, won't receive anything. It's not there. If it was there, then the debt ceiling vote wouldn't have made any difference but the President said if the ceiling wasn't raised, he wouldn't be able to pay SS recipients. So we have to borrow from China to meet current obligations. SS was enacted solely to create and perpetuate the power of the Democrat party. It's worked well. Any attempt to make SS solvent is adamantly opposed by the Left. And they win.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:30 PM   #49
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

It's all part of the sideshow, Doove.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:32 PM   #50
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

I would rather those funds go directly into my own personal retirement plan! But NOOOO you donkeys want to borrow my money to give to others
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:44 PM   #51
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Cpt, don't you understand? The more you control your own life, the less the government has control. We MUST have the government control EVERYTHING, because we cannot possibly manage on our own. And don't worry, if the government runs out of money and places to borrow, we can print MORE money! It might not be worth anything, but you will have it in your hands.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:05 PM   #52
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone View Post
I would rather those funds go directly into my own personal retirement plan! But NOOOO you donkeys want to borrow my money to give to others
The Vast Military Complex thanks you very much...

That is not the Donkeys lending your money, that is some big ass Elephants taking it and leaving you a big fat IOU.

Do you not understand how to follow the money?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:10 PM   #53
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

The money leads to both Dems and Reps. It's a con game.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:13 PM   #54
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
. Any attempt to make SS solvent is adamantly opposed by the Left. And they win.
WTF are you talking about. SS has run a surplus for decades.

Do you know what solvent means?

Where do ya'll come up with this shit?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:15 PM   #55
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
The money leads to both Dems and Reps. It's a con game.
The money leads to wdho actually runs this country. The bankers and the military complex.

Everything that is done is done to feed those two industries and their CEO's.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:17 PM   #56
Ray007
Premium Access

Encounters: 47

"LMAO" on some of these threads!
Ray007 is offline   Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:28 PM   #57
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how many people are willing to casually claim Republicans are as much a problem as Democrats, yet they reserve their scorn for Democrats.

Let me make this clear. We have SS and Medicare and Medicaid because people want those programs. By a wide margin. That's where the Democrats come in. Giving people what they want. And since we want it, we should pay for it. But that's where Republicans come in. Making sure we don't.

So yeah, both parties are at fault. Democrats are at fault for making sure people have the programs they want. And Republicans are at fault for refusing to pay for it. Period.
The only time a Congress acted reponsibly since 1980 was from 1994 to 2000, During those years the Congress controled spending and managed in the last year to have a balanced budget. I do not consider any budget that used the Social Security surplus to be balanced as balanced. That was a Republican Congress and I do believe that people managed just fine in those years. The bottom line is you cannot blame the Republicans for this. The Democratic wasteful spending is also responsible.

You do make an interesting point in that the Democrats give the people what they want. I would argue that they all give the people that support them what they want. That is the problem. The function of the federal government is not to give people what they want. It is to do whet the constitution defines. The people should go to their state government for anything not stated in the constitution as a federal responsibility.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:22 AM   #58
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
The only time a Congress acted reponsibly since 1980 was from 1994 to 2000, During those years the Congress controled spending and managed in the last year to have a balanced budget. I do not consider any budget that used the Social Security surplus to be balanced as balanced. That was a Republican Congress and I do believe that people managed just fine in those years. The bottom line is you cannot blame the Republicans for this. .
That is a lie. You should know better.

http://www.craigsteiner.us/articles/16

Notice that while the public debt went down in each of those four years, the intragovernmental holdings went up each year by a far greater amount--and, in turn, the total national debt (which is public debt + intragovernmental holdings) went up. Therein lies the discrepancy.

When it is claimed that Clinton paid down the national debt, that is patently false--as can be seen, the national debt went up every single year. What Clinton did do was pay down the public debt--notice that the claimed surplus is relatively close to the decrease in the public debt for those years. But he paid down the public debt by borrowing far more money in the form of intragovernmental holdings (mostly Social Security).
  • Update 3/31/2009: The following quote from an article at CBS confirms my explanation of the Myth of the Clinton Surplus, and the entire article essentially substantiates what I wrote.
    "Over the past 25 years, the government has gotten used to the fact that Social Security is providing free money to make the rest of the deficit look smaller," said Andrew Biggs, a resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute.
Interestingly, this most likely was not even a conscious decision by Clinton. The Social Security Administration is legally required to take all its surpluses and buy U.S. Government securities, and the U.S. Government readily sells those securities--which automatically and immediately becomes intragovernmental holdings. The economy was doing well due to the dot-com bubble and people were earning a lot of money and paying a lot into Social Security. Since Social Security had more money coming in than it had to pay in benefits to retired persons, all that extra money was immediately used to buy U.S. Government securities. The government was still running deficits, but since there was so much money coming from excess Social Security contributions there was no need to borrow more money directly from the public. As such, the public debt went down while intragovernmental holdings continued to skyrocket.

The net effect was that the national debt most definitely did not get paid down because we did not have a surplus. The government just covered its deficit by borrowing money from Social Security rather than the public.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:32 AM   #59
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Cpt, don't you understand? The more you control your own life, the less the government has control. We MUST have the government control EVERYTHING, because we cannot possibly manage on our own. And don't worry, if the government runs out of money and places to borrow, we can print MORE money! It might not be worth anything, but you will have it in your hands.
That's a huge LIE- COG you may think from my post that I am a DEM, but I am actually an Independent and over years this is what I have noticed- yes DEMS normally and traditionally spend more, but they pay for it- the GOP spend like liberals but charge it to the debt. I respect the Dems method far more- can you tell me who is paying for medicare Part D drug plan???? I'll be waiting for your response- but to save you time- it's 100 billion dollars a year charged off to the debt- the plan wasn't paid for by Bush. Can you tell me how this massive Iraq and Afghan War is being paid????
At least Obama had the idea of paying for his plans without shipping it to the deficit.
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:21 PM   #60
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
That is a lie. You should know better.
I stand corrected I thought they had actually succeded in that last year. They only got close. But my point is still the same. Those were the only years where Congress actually focused on getting the budget in balanced.
Laz is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women