Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Other US Hotspots > Arkansas > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70481
biomed161041
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453037
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47774
pyramider46370
bambino40446
CryptKicker37107
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 04-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #46
TechOne
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiz View Post
Yeah , yeah , yeah.... it would have been nice to have a coaching staff along for our last game!!
Would have been even better to have brought the football team, instead of the debate team!

Hey, you never answered my last PM!
TechOne is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #47
Calvinx
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiz View Post
Let me remind you that he was hired to COACH FOOTBALL !!

NOT , to be the Bible Toting Right's Poster Boy!!

HE has performed his job , quite well!!

Hypocrisy?
Thanks for validating my point - because he's 21-5 over two years is why people are wanting to keep him. I'm sure he'd be left hanging in the wind if his record was poor.

Since you're addressing me with this, I feel compelled to reply. If you read what I posted, you would know I couldn't care less about him having an affair. I tried to keep it short but apparently have to explain more.

The points I tried to make were about his lies and attempts to deceive more than anything. There's no need for me to repeat what's already been reported in the news. He also created a situation that's an employment attorney's wet dream - this guy hired his mistress to work for him. The University's legal team is puckering right now over the legal issues. Regardless of whether anybody likes it, his actions are a reflection of the University. That's what he signed up for when he took the job and he knew it, otherwise there wouldn't be a clause about good conduct.

The hypocrisy is that some Ark fans want to keep him because of his good record and don't care that he's an embarrassment. Remember, they drove Houston Nutt out of town because of an alleged affair and wasn't winning enough (he still had a winning record).

Once again, I couldn't care less about him cheating on his wife.
Calvinx is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #48
maximus
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

HDN never took us to a BCS game or to a top 5 ranking. With that being said, keep BMFP!
maximus is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:47 PM   #49
Ginger Doll
BANNED

User ID: 17895
My ECCIE Reviews
Thumbs down

Wow, this really sucks for the Razorbacks––

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ch-sources-say
Ginger Doll is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #50
Sweet N Little
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 24680
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

ouch, I was hoping he could weather the storm but I think its too much of a black eye and negative publicity despite his being a great coach...booo

Sweet N Little is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #51
papabear_in_arkansas
Gaining Momentum

IMHO Jeff Long has stones. Very hard decision. The lack of the truth set Bobby free. Hate to see him go great coach poor decision maker.
papabear_in_arkansas is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #52
shorty
On Extended Hiatus!!

Encounters: 8
My ECCIE Reviews

His arrogance got him and Jeff Long seeing that he was being played by Bobby Petrino.
shorty is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #53
hornygolfer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Fuck me. As I said earlier, if there was a legal way to keep him, I thought they would/should. I'm hearing that Jeff Long offered a financial reprimand and other penalties that Bobby refused. If that is/was the case, the negotiations should still be going on. Jeff Long just fucked up IMHO. I'll reserve final judgement until the next hire, if he bricks that, then he better find himself a new job. Fucking crybaby!
hornygolfer is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #54
Sweet N Little
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 24680
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Long said Petrino had had a "consensual relationship" with Dorrell, and that Petrino had given Dorrell "some $20,000" and failed to disclose their relationship when recommending her for the job with the department, thereby giving her "an unfair and undisclosed advantage for a position on his football staff."

Dorrell, Long said, was one of 159 applicants for the job.
Sweet N Little is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:04 PM   #55
shorty
On Extended Hiatus!!

Encounters: 8
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet N Little View Post
Long said Petrino had had a "consensual relationship" with Dorrell, and that Petrino had given Dorrell "some $20,000" and failed to disclose their relationship when recommending her for the job with the department, thereby giving her "an unfair and undisclosed advantage for a position on his football staff."

Dorrell, Long said, was one of 159 applicants for the job.
Well he just got tired of supporting his SB out of his own personal pocket and let the UofA pick up the tab for her. It was grounds for firing and they did show cause to where they shouldn't be liable to pay out the rest of contract or even reach a settlement.
shorty is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:18 PM   #56
Howl at the Moon
Account Disabled

Encounters: 19

Well at the risk of getting flamed, I am going to take another point of view. You should know as background that I do not care all that much about college football and graduated a Longhorn. I did not care much about it when I was in Austin either.

I do not think the issue is about how he is banging. The "moral majority types (who are actually neither) might be up in arms- but that is an issue for the 3 individuals involved to work out- hopefully without firearms. I certainly would not feel very credible pointing a finger at the coach about morality- given where we are all posting.

But I also do not think that his football record saves him. He put his girlfriend on the payroll. Whether she can do the job or not is not the question. The question is "How did her name get to the top?" Yes, people have hired people they know forever, but the University is a public institution. I know in my corporate days, if it came out that I had hired woman I was banging, I would have been on the curb in an hour with my stuff in a box- no matter how terrific my performance was.

All execs are accountable for their decisions- the ones that win games (or contracts) and the ones that cast doubt and disparagement on the organization.

Clinton did an intern who already worked there. That would have been a firing offense for most managers- but he dodged the bullet. As far as I am concerned- the same principal holds. I do not care WHO he is banging or that it was probably a Cuban cigar (likely the only technical crime in the whole damn thing). it may even have been ok that it was in the Oval Office although it probably matters technically. But we spent millions and wasted how much fucking time over the lie? That should have been the firing offense.

Sorry- he is a great coach, but he is now hamstrung in his ability to lead the program- off the field if not on it. He was thinking with the wrong head when he put her on the payroll and bypassed proper hiring when he did it.
Howl at the Moon is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:32 AM   #57
MacTheKnife
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabear_in_arkansas View Post
IMHO Jeff Long has stones. Very hard decision. The lack of the truth set Bobby free. Hate to see him go great coach poor decision maker.
I have no personal knowledge of this, but an ardent Razorback fan with a connection to the SEC officials, told me that the SEC officials hated and despised Petrino because of his arrogance and the fact he cussed them out on the field with words that even a sailor would not use. It's kinda hard to get a close call from an official to go your way when you have previously called him a MF.

Sometimes one's own arrogance will cause one to become blind and make poor decisions on and off the field. Long made a tough decision, but with all of the facts that have been made public, I don't think he had any other choice.

I hope Long can find a replacement that supports an offense that was as exciting to watch as Petrino's. Win or lose, I truly enjoyed watching the Razorbacks play this past year.
MacTheKnife is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:54 AM   #58
MrHappy4u
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTheKnife View Post
. . . Long made a tough decision, but with all of the facts that have been made public, I don't think he had any other choice. . .
+1 I honestly believe the long delay was not Jeff Long wringing his hand, but the Foundation and the attorneys trying to figure out a way to deal with the legal issues.

I hate that he had to make the decision he did. It took balls! I equally believe he's a good enough leader and athletic director that his search, whether now or after an interim, will leave the football program in good shape.
MrHappy4u is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #59
Ginger Doll
BANNED

User ID: 17895
My ECCIE Reviews

Just saw this posted by someone on Facebook... Cute.

Ginger Doll is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:05 AM   #60
cecark
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Re: Jeff Long his track record as AD has been attrocious,this firing here was dictated by Coach Patrino. The First act Long did as AD was to run off John McDonald, thereby distroying the greatest collegeate track program in the country. The he hires John Pelfery, enough said. I have felt for years that he needs to go, and this fiasco will be his death knell. He has been credited with increasing the value of the Razorbacks atheltic program, that increase was solely due to Bobby Patrino and membership in the SEC, Jeff Long needs to go!
cecark is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women