Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70435
biomed160686
Yssup Rider60005
gman4452941
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47607
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37090
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35426
Mojojo33117

Old 02-20-2013, 08:08 AM   #46
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
I didn't say it wasn't important; but was responding to the myth that conservatives can't win elections .
They are having a hard time winning national elections.

National election equate to the Supreme Court.

The Supreme Court has the final say.

So you better figure out how to win that election.

Maybe these local Tea Party victories can change voting laws back to Jim Crow type ... that would help your cause!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #47
EXTXOILMAN
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
They are having a hard time winning national elections.

National election equate to the Supreme Court.

The Supreme Court has the final say.

So you better figure out how to win that election.

Maybe these local Tea Party victories can change voting laws back to Jim Crow type ... that would help your cause!
WRONG!! The Constitution has the final say. The Supremes have abdicated that to the radical activist jurists intent on ignoring it.
EXTXOILMAN is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #48
timpage
Account Disabled

LOL. Yes, "Only" the national elections.

By the way, the rest of your post is wrong. Your bizarre party wins in some areas of the country. But, nothing close to a majority. You've been in Texas too long moron.

Quote:
The liberals only win national elections - one office, the White House; at state and local levels the Tea Party is clobbering the left !
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:38 AM   #49
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTXOILMAN View Post
WRONG!! The Constitution has the final say. The Supremes have abdicated that to the radical activist jurists intent on ignoring it.
Not sure if you understand how the system works, folks can not appeal SC rulings to the Constitution.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #50
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

amen. Apparently he doesn't understand. It's like defaulting to the Bible when you find yourself losing an argument.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #51
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #52
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Encounters: 15

The problem with Cruz is that even if he believes the positions he's espousing, he's never going to make any sort of meaningful change because no one will want to work with him.

If you can't get any legislation passed then you're pretty worthless as a lawmaker no matter how great of a cheerleader you are.
jbravo_123 is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #53
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbravo_123 View Post
The problem with Cruz is that even if he believes the positions he's espousing, he's never going to make any sort of meaningful change because no one will want to work with him.

If you can't get any legislation passed then you're pretty worthless as a lawmaker no matter how great of a cheerleader you are.
He's a liar and an ideological demogogue. He outright lied at the Hagel hearings on several topics, misrepresented things that Hagel had previously said and took other things completely out of context. He's already established a solid reputation as an arrogant dishonest asshole, even among his fellow republicans.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #54
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Reid is worse; Reid is a pedophile and corrupt politician who got very wealthy off of illegal land deals.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...si-of-2012.php
Old 02-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #55
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

When you have a complaint about Cruz that arises to Reid corruption, or Bill Clinton sexual harassment.......let us know...

And you being concerned about a lying politican is funny...Obama is the biggest liar in the political stage.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #56
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

when you have a conviction post it. Until then, you're a lying sack of SHIT.

The story you link to even admits its unsubstantiated bullshit.

It makes perfect sense that you'd respond to a thread about Ted Cruz by attacking Harry Reid.

How predictable.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #57
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbravo_123 View Post

Clearly, even though you made the point very clearly, the RWWs have hardened their hearts, minds, and ears. The point was not about right or wrong, but about the persona it takes to get things done productively in politics. Cruz may well be a good dictator, but the attitude and interpersonal skills means he will fail as a politician. Joe McCarthy comes to mind.

Quote:
When you have a complaint about Cruz that arises to Reid corruption, or Bill Clinton sexual harassment.......let us know...

And you being concerned about a lying politican is funny...Obama is the biggest liar in the political stage.
See, my point exactly. If you assume Obama, Reed, and Clinton are such lieing, bad people, ask yourself why they REALLY got elected? Read Sun-Tzu and know your enemy--they were elected because people like Clinton have far better people skills than your "hero" Cruz--or in the last election, Romney. You may not like it (actually I am sure you don't), but you need to accept that personality in politics matters. A lot. And the reps have been putting up a lot of mean, angry people and that doesn't win elections. Though I have issues with McCain on some issues, he didn't have the sandpaper abrasiveness of a Cruz--but in 2008 the Bush-2/Cheney backlash ment the Dems would have won if Papa Joe Stalin was their candidate. The Reps SHOULD have been in the same situation in 2012 but managed to lose an election I never thought they could lose.

I really doesn't look like they have learned.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:03 AM   #58
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Bring your "A" game Timmy. You were pretty pathetic tonight. You weren't even a challenge. You're like the kid who gets beat up on his way to school and the bullies take his lunch, then you yell at them, "I don't even like peanut butter," and think you won the fight. Funny as hell!

I liked that one, COG.
Cruz may be called an asshole because people don't like what he is saying, and coming from a Latino it pisses off all the liberals who want to own the Latino and African American votes.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #59
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
I liked that one, COG.
Cruz may be called an asshole because people don't like what he is saying, and coming from a Latino it pisses off all the liberals who want to own the Latino and African American votes.
As a registered Republican I voted for Dewhurst in the primaries. I think Dewhurst had done a fine job as L-Gov and deserved the Senate seat. However, his negative campaign took a sizeable lead in the polls and turned it into a loss.

I think Cruz has taken several mis-steps in his short time in office, focusing on issues that are of little importance to the country as a whole. Certainly a Senator has to represent his or her state but also has to take into account what is best for the U.S. as a whole. Nice theory but probably rarely done.

It will be interesting to see if he is a one-term Senator.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:58 AM   #60
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
As a registered Republican I voted for Dewhurst in the primaries. I think Dewhurst had done a fine job as L-Gov and deserved the Senate seat. However, his negative campaign took a sizeable lead in the polls and turned it into a loss.

I think Cruz has taken several mis-steps in his short time in office, focusing on issues that are of little importance to the country as a whole. Certainly a Senator has to represent his or her state but also has to take into account what is best for the U.S. as a whole. Nice theory but probably rarely done.

It will be interesting to see if he is a one-term Senator.
I wonder if he can survive that term.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women